Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old March 27th, 2020, 02:18 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by JairEmia View Post
Someone needs to send a Zelrig
robbdaman's or scapedoods way so one of them
can get a scan, I would if I owned one...
Scapedood has the scanner, I just have a PC that can decimate faster. I'm in for helping decimate a Zelrig though if anyone is willing to get one to him.

@White Knight with some of the raw scans what is the base resolution they were scanned in or is there a specific size? I was working to clean up a couple but not having the figure I can't really tell what size it should be. I rebuilt Kursus but wasn't sure what size to print him.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 27th, 2020, 02:42 PM

scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Scapedood has the scanner, I just have a PC that can decimate faster. I'm in for helping decimate a Zelrig though if anyone is willing to get one to him.

@White Knight with some of the raw scans what is the base resolution they were scanned in or is there a specific size? I was working to clean up a couple but not having the figure I can't really tell what size it should be. I rebuilt Kursus but wasn't sure what size to print him.
Yeah, and i learned how decimate in the scanner program, and it takes very little time there.

I wouldn't mine people sending me awesome figures to scan lol
Old March 27th, 2020, 04:32 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think it has a set scale--it depends on camera distance and many things. But when I photographed those figures, I measured base sizes:

Gorilla Troopers: 1.558"

Figure: Diameter (in inches)
D1-D3 D&D figures: 1.00"
Gorilla Troopers: 1.558"
Heroclix (Soldier and others): 1.360"
Quahon (outside toe to outside toe wide): 2.1"
Skull demon (Skeletons, Nhih Scrihr, Cathar): 1.190"
Varkaanan Wolves: 1.565"
Agaumo: 1.9"
Zettian Deathwings (across the flats): .987"
Zombie Hulk: 1.9"
Major J15: 2.0"
Old March 27th, 2020, 05:29 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Dzu-teh 3 (matte)
Theracus (matte)

And that completes the Dzu-teh/Quasatch Hunters!
Old March 27th, 2020, 06:57 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Dzu-teh 3 (matte)
Theracus (matte)

And that completes the Dzu-teh/Quasatch Hunters!

Boom! I am so excited!! Thank you WK! time to get the printer humming and the paints flying!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 28th, 2020, 06:34 PM

scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby!

Hero Pack 2

Includes:
-Jotun
-Nilfheim
-Theracus
-Ulginesh

I've significantly reduced the size of the files using the built in decimator, they look just as good as before.
Old March 29th, 2020, 03:49 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapedood View Post
Hero Pack 2

Includes:
-Jotun
-Nilfheim
-Theracus
-Ulginesh

I've significantly reduced the size of the files using the built in decimator, they look just as good as before.
While this is awesome I might suggest removing the wings from Nilfheim and scanning the wings and the figure separately. In fact I'd do so with all the dragons as they are so large and complex they'll require an huge amount of supports to print either way, with wings on it'll take probably twice as much material.

Old March 29th, 2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapedood View Post
Hero Pack 2

Includes:
-Jotun
-Nilfheim
-Theracus
-Ulginesh

While this is awesome I might suggest removing the wings from Nilfheim and scanning the wings and the figure separately. In fact I'd do so with all the dragons as they are so large and complex they'll require an huge amount of supports to print either way, with wings on it'll take probably twice as much material.
If you want that, go ahead and separate them in blender
I will continue providing full model, as is, so people can do with it whatever they want.
Old March 29th, 2020, 05:16 PM

Warriors of Ashra - 1 (Scanned)
Warriors of Ashra - 2 (Scanned)
Warriors of Ashra - 3 (Scanned)

Charos (Scanned)

Marro Hive (Scanned)
Old March 31st, 2020, 12:16 PM

Potatoes is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi there, I was searching for a free 3D model of Arkmet through, but I couln't find it. That's how I came through scapedood post (and his HeroPack1).

Do you consider adding your scans/models to Thingiverse, so they become searchable?

Last edited by Potatoes; November 16th, 2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old March 31st, 2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes View Post
Hi there, I was searching for a free 3D model of Arkmet through Top 3D finder, but I couln't find it. That's how I came through scapedood post (and his HeroPack1).

Do you consider adding your scans/models to Thingiverse, so they become searchable?
I've thought about it, but my concern is about copyrights. Since these are scans of Heroscape models, Hasbro might not like seeing them on a public database.

If someone can get permission from Hasbro, I would gladly upload them to Thingiverse.
Old March 31st, 2020, 01:35 PM

Hasbro is reasonably okay with certain things and is basically letting it go but asking for permission to publicly share might be deemed an ownership issue so it is very unlikely as it would infringe on asking for copyright usage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing