Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old February 19th, 2020, 05:53 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero89 View Post
Huge lurker but after reading the whole form post, I got a question:

I noticed most of the modelers here are using the Ender 3. I was thinking of picking up a ANYCUBIC Photon because I like resin models and the quality looks amazing. Other form posters don't seem to be using resin or other 3d printers that much, but would a resin 3d printer work out just fine with the files provided here? Also, would quality be as good as the images that I have seen posted here?

Link to the item I am thinking about purchasing:
https://www.amazon.com/ANYCUBIC-Asse...___%7Cst%3Adtp
A user on the Heroscapers Facebook page has been using a resin printer to print these figures:

That is me!! I love my resin printer (Elegoo Mars). The detail is great. I cannot print huge pieces (like the dragons if the wings are attached), but I can print 3-4 single based figures at a time. Highly recommend!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old February 21st, 2020, 01:06 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

wow, those look incredible!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 21st, 2020, 04:55 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey @White Knight , what brand of filament do you use for the brown for Heroscape bases?

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 21st, 2020, 04:59 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Hey @White Knight , what brand of filament do you use for the brown for Heroscape bases?
eSUN 1.75mm Brown PLA PRO (PLA+) 3D Printer Filament 1KG Spool (2.2lbs), Brown, (Pantone 4635C)
Old February 21st, 2020, 05:26 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Master Win Chiu Woo (matte)
Shaolin Monk 3 (matte)
Horned Skull Brute 2 (matte)
Roman Legionnaire 3 (matte)

Notes:
- This completes the monks and the Horned Skull Brutes
- Shaolin monk #3 is the same sculpt as Master Win Chiu Woo (files are identical)
- This Horned Skull Brute is the real 3rd sculpt for the Horned Skull Brutes. My previous file for Horned Skull Brute 2 was an alternate bugbear figure I have. I really don't like the real sculpt, but its official. And the details captured are some of the best I've done. So take your pick about which bugbears you want to use.

Last edited by White Knight; February 22nd, 2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old February 24th, 2020, 04:33 PM

scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby!

Been following this journey for a couple months now, just now got set up to post on the forums!

This work has been very helpful, i've been printing these on my Photon S, only using 0.1mm layer hight, since the models aren't super duper detailed and I wanted to make alot quickly.

Image Here?

But even so, they turn out very well. (ignore my crappy paint job, I mass produced so I rushed)

Last edited by scapedood; February 24th, 2020 at 07:40 PM. Reason: broken image
Old February 24th, 2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapedood View Post
Been following this journey for a couple months now, just now got set up to post on the forums!

This work has been very helpful, i've been printing these on my Photon S, only using 0.1mm layer hight, since the models aren't super duper detailed and I wanted to make alot quickly.

But even so, they turn out very well. (ignore my crappy paint job, I mass produced so I rushed)
Welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry, but I can't see you picture, it doesn't show up here. If I cut and past the address I get: "Your client does not have permission to get URL".

But I'm glad you are printing and enjoying them.
Old February 25th, 2020, 11:14 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I see the picture. They look pretty good @scapedood
Old February 25th, 2020, 04:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
The knights look great. I would probably print the bases separate on my fdm printer though. Good job and thanks for sharing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 25th, 2020, 06:15 PM

scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
The knights look great. I would probably print the bases separate on my fdm printer though. Good job and thanks for sharing.
Yeah, I would do that too if I had an FDM Printer. The Bases have been the biggest issue with these.
Old February 25th, 2020, 07:54 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually don't mind the bases. I just paint them and they blend well. I only print the ones that are indented which are the matte scans.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old February 25th, 2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I've printed with with and without bases. It's easier to remove the supports without the bases. And they look nicer with separate bases.

But I have question about painting: How to you paint them without bases? How do you hold them to spray on the primer, and then how to you hold them without getting your fingers all over them?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing