Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 15th, 2020, 01:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I really like the green and that destroyed tie fighter is super awesome. Ive noticed that as Ive painted even more figures I am starting to give in o doing little bits here and there that arent as canon looking on some figures. Whole spice of life sorta thing. Good luck on your DnD play. That sounds fun. My family is away for the weekend so I figured I just pound through painting a bunch of models.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 16th, 2020, 04:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Turns out, that I got to do a fun 3 player legion game last night. We did a set deployment on my 3x4 board with skirmish rules for Dawn and Elimination. Instead of 500 pts we did 800pts as Ive previously stated. Since there were 3 of us we got the points for elimination by being the player to finish eliminating a unit. This allowed for players to swoop in and steal points when they could. It was a bloody battle that went to the end of 6 rounds.(skirmish is usually 5 but we didnt mind going to 6) It was fun seeing what a triple wookiee list could do. My Bro in law Steve ran one. It doesnt look as good on paper but is brutal on the battlefield. I ran a generic commander firing line with triple death troopers. My bro in law won with 10 vps, my brother took 2nd with 7vps and I came in last with 6 vps. We sat figures out when they were destroyed and I had the highest body kill count with 39 models. Really fun game. Here are some pics.

My army

My brother Johns army

My bro in law Steves army

A shot of the battlefield. My army is right below the bottom middle of the pic.

This is the final shot at the end. The last attack was from Steves AtRt into my DTs on the left. His one squad of wookies was beating up my mortar trooper and his other squad on the right just finished beating sabine to death, eliminating my brother Johns army. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. It was a super fun game.

Old February 16th, 2020, 07:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff @TREX . Love the board setup. It's awesome that you were able to get a game in. Definitely more fun playing than painting

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 16th, 2020, 07:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Double post

Old February 26th, 2020, 03:30 PM
"like" happy

I ordered a few boosters a week or so ago and got them assembled the other night for the rebels. Its funny that I bought 3 boosters in a row of rebels because I dont generally play them. I play empire. Picked up the rebel trooper upgrade, an fd turret and a box of rebel veterans. All the models look great. They will be the next batch I paint along with the other rebel command pack. I painted 6 squads of republic phase 1 clone troopers last weekend along with captain rex. All that is left is putting a wash on them and matte clear coating them. My brother has modeled a better droid tank and is printing 2 of those out along with 1 more clone tank. After this weekend Ill probably shuck out for one of each of the legit tanks as well. After painting the other rebel boosters and imp eweb Ill finish assembling and painting all the droids. My brother has gotten into legion enough now to help supporting the cause. He says its for selfish reasons because he wants to kill me with the tanks.

Old February 26th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

It's cool that your brother is helping out , despite the selfish reasons

I have only started watching Clone Wars, after finishing up Rebels. So I'll eventually get familiar with all those units and tanks you are working on and playing with. But I still won't start collecting them, as it's too much time and money for not much play. But you get yours played, so that's awesome.

I am going to be getting into the FFG Star Wars rpg. They are dispanding their rpg lines, but my buddy Brian has all the core books and expansions/supplements. He's the one running our DnD group. I did order the Edge of the Empire core rulebook and dice, while they last, so I'll at least be able to learn the game and help him teaching any others we can get to join us. Not sure which race or class I'll want to play, but for sure something different than my usual halfling rogue or my current dwarf druid.

Old February 26th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

I finished my escape pod, R2D2 and C3PO for Legion. I didn't glue the escape pod to the base, so I can use it as a terrain piece without the pod in Legion and use for other games as well. I have another, smaller escape pod model that was given to me by a friend and has been used in some games as a terrain piece. This new one is an official one for Legion and comes with a scenario for it, kinda like how a scenario came with the downed AT-ST model.

And I just finished this one last night. Operative Luke Skywalker. The other version in his lighter outfit is as a commander for game purposes, but this version is as an operative and in Return of the Jedi outfit.

Old February 26th, 2020, 08:47 PM
"like" happy

Those look fantastic @Hahma . Sweet paint jobs. I wouldnt probably have picked up the clone wars if my brother and brother in law werent getting into the game so much. They are itching to play the new stuff along with slowly trying out most of all the older stuff. There are so many combos to run that it stays pretty fun making new lists. I had thought about getting the star wars rpg and using legion minis in it. Having the resin printer could help with printing new figures for that type of thing. Ill be finishing all my legit sculpts paint jobs before 3d printing any more units. By buying as much as I have and will I can support the game even with supplementing it with 3d printing so we can have as many combos as we want. Lots of fun.

Old February 26th, 2020, 11:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX , thanks!

If you wanted to get into the FFG Star Wars RPG, you might want to grab one of the 3 core rule books soon. They are disbanding the RPG department at FFG, so who knows how long those books will be available. There are a ton of supplements that seem to be hard to find. Not necessary to have so much, but they offer a lot of new races, and subclasses of existing classes, not to mention some adventures and such. The core rulebooks are Edge of the Empire that deals with the smubblers, bounty hunters, colonists and the like. Age of Rebellion core rulebook is more military type characters. Force and Destiny is force users. They all have the same core rules in them, but add their own flavor as to types of campaigns people may be into.

Fortunately, my buddy Brian has all the books and supplements. So I just ordered Edge of the Empire rulebook, the Edge of the Empire beginner set (mostly for the dice because dice sets are almost as expensive as the beginner set), and a 2nd set of dice.

It will probably take awhile before we get into it, as there is over 400 pages for me to look over, plus the time for Brian to get things figured out and setup and getting a couple others to join.

I also bought the Blades in the Dark rpg book and hope to play that sometime in the summer. And am kickstarting the Altered Carbon rpg, which is based off the Netflix TV series which I love. Lots more rulebooks to read

Old February 27th, 2020, 01:29 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
@TREX , thanks!

If you wanted to get into the FFG Star Wars RPG, you might want to grab one of the 3 core rule books soon. They are disbanding the RPG department at FFG, so who knows how long those books will be available. There are a ton of supplements that seem to be hard to find. Not necessary to have so much, but they offer a lot of new races, and subclasses of existing classes, not to mention some adventures and such. The core rulebooks are Edge of the Empire that deals with the smubblers, bounty hunters, colonists and the like. Age of Rebellion core rulebook is more military type characters. Force and Destiny is force users. They all have the same core rules in them, but add their own flavor as to types of campaigns people may be into.

Fortunately, my buddy Brian has all the books and supplements. So I just ordered Edge of the Empire rulebook, the Edge of the Empire beginner set (mostly for the dice because dice sets are almost as expensive as the beginner set), and a 2nd set of dice.

It will probably take awhile before we get into it, as there is over 400 pages for me to look over, plus the time for Brian to get things figured out and setup and getting a couple others to join.

I also bought the Blades in the Dark rpg book and hope to play that sometime in the summer. And am kickstarting the Altered Carbon rpg, which is based off the Netflix TV series which I love. Lots more rulebooks to read
Ill have to look into it. Dont think Ive forgot about getting you a mandolorian and baby yoda printed on that resin printer of mine. Im rounding out a few things and then its going to run non stop. I found a file called the magnificent 7. Its seven mando sculpts on thingiverse. Some have jetpacks and some have z6 chainguns. They are beautiful. I plan on making you a set to paint up for your legion board along with one of my finished rancors. I dont know how soon. But its going to happen. Those will be super fun to paint. You wouldnt mind throwing me a link to the main rpg books would you? So I know which ones are the must haves and which ones are the add ons. It sounds pretty cool.

Edit: heres a link to those models
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4004395

Old February 27th, 2020, 06:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Those look awesome @TREX . Much appreciated!

Here's a link to the Fantasy Flight Games page for the Edge of the Empire core rulebook and supplements. A lot of stuff is out of stock, so you might have to shop around to find things. I had gotten the beginner game from Amazon for around $22 mostly for the dice, but it has a meat little adventure.

You can look through these pages from FFG to get an idea of the differences in core books and types of campaigns.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...of-the-empire/

Here's the Age of Rebellion core book and supplement page.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...-of-rebellion/

Here's the Force and Destiny stuff

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...e-and-destiny/

Old February 29th, 2020, 08:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

I had a great time at a local convention called ArctiCon today. It's the 10th anniversary of the convention and it has grown a good bit over the years.

This was the 3rd time I have participated there by demoing games for people. This year I demoed Fallout Wasteland Warfare.

I ran a couple full games, though the board size was 2x2 for demo purposes instead of standard 3x3, and there were a lot of things not included in the gameplay, as I wanted to keep it pretty simple for demoing purposes. I also played half a game solo because some onlookers wanted to learn about it but didn't have time to play a full game, so I went through the rules as I went.

For this scenario, the super mutants need to get to the light blue water tank and destroy it. Only one (non-mutant hound) needs to be engaged with the water tank and alive at the end of a round for them to win. The survivors need to stop them and have 6 rounds to do so.

The first game I had 2 people split up the survivor forces and I controlled the AI controlled super mutants, as I wanted to show how the AI worked. Those players barely won, as a super mutant reached the water tank in the 6th round and they were just able to kill it before the end of the round.

For the last game of the day, I had the good fortune to play against @Tornado . He drove down a couple hours from Michigan to check out the convention and play a little Fallout. It was funny, as I was playing the demo game solo to show a couple how it worked, there was this other guy watching as well. I was thinking "cool, he's sticking around and seems to dig the game. Not just a passerby taking a quick look." Then after a bit he asked, "Hahma?" I was like "yeah, Tornado?", "Yep".

So it was really cool to meet the man the myth the T-Spinny . We played Fallout, with me controlling the AI Super Mutants and him controlling the survivors. Unfortunately, his water tank got smashed, as 2 super mutants managed to get to the water tank. One was nearly dead and could have gotten taken out if for a better die roll. But when the second, barely wounded one got there, it was impossible for him to take them both out in time. But it was fun for sure. After the game we chatted for awhile before we both had to leave.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures