Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 31st, 2017, 02:13 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Welp, the AOTP subreddit has been commandeered

Some of you may have known that /r/MTGArena was the subreddit for AoTP. Apparently it was moderator-less which I had not realize, and someone squatted the subreddit out from under the community to take it over for the new game 'Magic Arenas'. I messaged to see what had happened and the guy who squatted it replied with a rather snarky message telling me to make a new subreddit for the board game if I wanted. When I replied with the fact that it IS the subreddit for the board game, I got an even more snarky reply.

Mostly just venting, but I'm a little annoyed at the loss of good content from our community.
Old August 31st, 2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Welp, the AOTP subreddit has been commandeered

Link?
Old August 31st, 2017, 02:54 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgarena/ is the subreddit in question

His response to me asking why it was now locked was:
Quote:
I'm just following orders. WOTC asked me to get magicarena and mtgarena for the new game. You can make a new subreddit specifically for the board game if you want
I responded with something along the lines of 'this -is- the subreddit for this game'

and was met with

Quote:
not anymore its not. the community was without a mod for a long time. If anyone actually cared they wouldve claimed the subreddit-but they didnt.
the sub was dead anyway.
Old August 31st, 2017, 03:06 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's sorta a snarky reply, but I understand Wizards' reasoning and desire to have that subreddit parked for the new game.

Looks like the subreddit is private right now. There are some reddit archival websites that should have a decently recent backup of the content on that subreddit.
Old August 31st, 2017, 03:12 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Weird they would care if the game is dead.
Old August 31st, 2017, 03:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It never bothered me that the Heroscape subreddit was dead. After all, at its very best it could not hope to rival Heroscapers. Isn't AotP in the same position?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 31st, 2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
It's sorta a snarky reply, but I understand Wizards' reasoning and desire to have that subreddit parked for the new game.

Looks like the subreddit is private right now. There are some reddit archival websites that should have a decently recent backup of the content on that subreddit.

I mean... It was already FOR an existing WOTC property.

In addition, it was just 'some guy' who had squatted the subreddit, Not a WOTC employee or anything.

sando27 is his username and all of his post history is just random MTG related posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It never bothered me that the Heroscape subreddit was dead. After all, at its very best it could not hope to rival Heroscapers. Isn't AotP in the same position?
It's another place for new people to learn about Heroscapers and find the existing community-at-large. I've directed several people here who have asked on that subreddit for ideas about mixing with HS, making maps, building teams, etc. Not to mention, the MTGArena subreddit was significantly more active than the Heroscape one. (Not like it was super busy, but still)

We also still have Planeswalkers-Arena.net which attracts it's own crowd as well. I think removing these only serves to stifle the community further.
Old August 31st, 2017, 05:13 PM

Direct them all here while you can.

They will never find a better community.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion