Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Up & Coming Sidekick Thread

Scapemage, you are supposed to conatact the creator of the custom before you post their card here to verify that they want to take part in the process. That's what I meant by "on board". In this case, I asked because I thought UPC would politely decline to take part in this, but I've been wrong before.

~Aldin, third time's a charm?

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:30 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Scapemage, you are supposed to conatact the creator of the custom before you post their card here to verify that they want to take part in the process. That's what I meant by "on board". In this case, I asked because I thought UPC would politely decline to take part in this, but I've been wrong before.

~Aldin, third time's a charm?
I have contacted him.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And he said yes?

~Aldin, apparently wrong and ready to proceed (I think we can play a bit loose with the rule limitation this time in the interests of getting the wheels churning here again)

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Just a question, but if this thread is supposed to be for newer custom creators, not neccesarily newer members, why is there a 2500 post cap?

Old January 12th, 2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Just a question, but if this thread is supposed to be for newer custom creators, not neccesarily newer members, why is there a 2500 post cap?
Just wulf trying to make some ground rules. You can always make exceptions for particular cases. Presumably, if I made another custom I would still qualify for this thread.

~Aldin, following the spirit rather than the letter of the rules

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM

So... on to the card.

Rocket Raccoon looks like a really thematic and solid combination of stats and powers. The art is clean. The left box looks fine, with no current synergies.

He's a lot like Agent Skahen with Double Attack and a movement boosting ability for other figures. His 4/4 Defense/Life compares well with her 3/3 + Stealth Dodge. She's harder to kill at range and he's harder to kill up close and personal.

I don't think it's possible to fine tune a care to the tune of a 5 point adjustment making a big difference unless there is a specific army into which a figure fits. Having said that though, I just don't see a power level difference between him and Agent Skahen and would drop him to 120.

~Aldin, who likes the fig a lot

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:53 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

I feel like I am late to the party, story of my life...

Aldin, you are correct about my desire to not clutter up this thread with an "oldtimer's" card. I applaud the purpose of the thread to help the new and up and coming card creators, unfortunately, I don't think I fall into the intended demographic. Please continue to focus on the new creators.

While I am not claiming to be perfect with my interpretations of cards, and always love any critiques, I politely retract my Rocket Raccoon submission. Thank you for the nomination as well as the solid feedback before I was able to wreck the party.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old January 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Just wulf trying to make some ground rules. You can always make exceptions for particular cases. Presumably, if I made another custom I would still qualify for this thread.

~Aldin, following the spirit rather than the letter of the rules
Since this thread is not nearly as well-developed as strict about submissions and participation, Aldin is correct. The spirit of this thread is and always has been to showcase newer custom creators and offer them advice on tweaking and refining their custom. At this point, I and not 100% sure I qualify for the thread based solely on the original rules, but that does not mean I wouldn't love sending another of my customs through for peer review. Just so we're clear on that. Now let the mayhem begin.
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:53 PM

You interested in us taking a look at your latest, Wulf? The ridiculously overpowered 2nd Vermont perhaps

~Aldin, ready to do a critique

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
You interested in us taking a look at your latest, Wulf? The ridiculously overpowered 2nd Vermont perhaps

Hey now, buddy. First of all, wrong forum. Second, . Don't even go there. So many other customs are just as overpowered and I welcome peer review of my HS work in CHCG24, thank you very much.
Tangent aside... Further commentary on the Raccoon? Nevermind. Didn't see the retraction. (Time for new glasses, eh? )
To keep this thing alive, we need a fresh infusion of people willing to put into it.
Further victims nominees?
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:

I'm from Vermont...

Old January 13th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I've been watching, and this thread is going nowhere fast. Come on guys, let's give this thread a kick in the right direction.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations