Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:12 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Iron Monger

The Book of Iron Monger

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 23
ARMORED ANTAGONISTS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set.
Its model number and name are #090 / Iron Monger.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Classics (Iron Man vs. Iron Monger Battle Pack) set.
Its model number and name are #2-12 / Iron Monger.

Character Bio - As a child, Obadiah's father Zebediah Stane was a degenerate gambler and Obadiah's mother died of unknown reasons. One day, his father, who considered himself on a "lucky streak"; played a game of Russian roulette and shot himself in the head. This trauma caused Obadiah to lose all of his blond hair and go bald and shaped him for years to come. From there on, Obadiah Stane was a ruthless manipulator who studied his adversaries to find weaknesses to exploit. Stane enjoys chess, and lives his life with the same kind of methodical logic that he uses in the game. In addition, he is a strong believer in using psychological manipulation to his advantage. For instance, in a childhood chess match against another boy whose skill at least equaled his own, he killed the boy's dog so that the other would be distracted from the game.

In adulthood, as a wealthy financier, Obadiah Stane becomes the president and CEO of his own company (Stane International) as a munitions dealer. He also goes into business with Howard Stark. After Stark and his wife died in a car accident, Stane turns his sights on acquiring control of Stark International, the industrial corporation he had worked with, now owned by Tony Stark (the son of Howard Stark).

Stane and his associates conspire to lock Stark International out of various business deals. Stark eventually learns that Stane is the mastermind behind these attacks, but is unable to confront him. The assaults on Stark, his business, and his friend push Stark to the edge, and he catastrophically relapsed into alcoholism. With the help of S.H.I.E.L.D., Stane buys out Stark International, which he then renames Stane International.

Stane proceeds in manufacturing and supplying munitions and weapons to S.H.I.E.L.D. and others who could pay for them. When Tony Stark left, he left behind notes and information on the Iron Man armor. These notes are incomplete and hard to analyze, but Stane assigns a team of scientists to decipher them; they eventually create the Iron Monger armor which, according to Stane, is "far superior to Stark's Iron Man armor". -wikipedia 2012

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: How does the "to a minimum of 1 die each" line from Imposing Presence work for a defending Moloid on a shadow space? In which order do I apply the effects?
    A: All effects are applied simultaneously. Combine any positive boosts with the negative effect before applying it to the unit. In the above case, you combine the -1 from Imposing Presence with the +1 from Cave Dwellers and the +1 from the shadow space for a total of +1 (so the Moloid would be rolling 2 defense dice).

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Industrialist

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by tcglkn; February 10th, 2022 at 03:38 PM.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:24 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Iron Monger - Design Phase

NAME = IRON MONGER
SECRET IDENTITY = OBADIAH STANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INDUSTRIALIST
PERSONALITY = INTIMIDATING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 230

TURBO BOOST
Before moving, you may add up to 3 to Iron Monger's Move number for the remainder of the turn. If you do, subtract the same number from his Range number for the remainder of the turn.

IMPOSING PRESENCE
Opponents' figures engaged with Iron Monger subtract 1 die from their normal Attack number and 1 die from their Defense number, to a minimum of 1 die each.

AIR-TO-SURFACE MISSILES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 2 + Special.
After moving with the Flying special power, you may choose up to 2 figures Iron Monger passed over this turn. One at a time, roll attack dice for each chosen figure, rolling an additional attack die if that figure does not have the Flying or Stealth Flying special power. Destructible objects roll 2 fewer defense dice against this special attack. Iron Monger may attack the chosen figures, even if he is engaged with a different figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 04:02 PM.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:30 PM

I decided to stick with Imposing Presence for simplicity's sake, and I think it captures his dominating personality very well, as well as helping him a bit with his low life.

I changed up the SA a bit too, to maybe make it a bit more useful, while toning down it's power somewhat (although I still like it being very powerful against D.O.s).

The mini really isn't that large, but I listed him as Large, please weigh in on that. Also, please weigh in on his Class and Personality. I chose Antagonist for Class because it seemed to fit, although Industrialist or something like that could work as well.

COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

MINI BACKGROUND:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Margloth; October 6th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Interesting design Margloth, andgood to see you designing again
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:43 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like it except the 3 life has me a little baffled.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I like it except the 3 life has me a little baffled.
It could go up. I just figured that under all that armor, Stane is really kind of an older guy with no real reason to be sporting the same stamina as Bruce Wayne.

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff Margloth, nice to see you back in the mix

His 3 life is for him being older?

I like Turbo Boost

Imposing Presence seems kind of iffy in the sense that the mini is only medium 5. Sure he's taller than some others, for while some of our med 5 figures are just at the bottom of the 5th level of terrain, he's near the top of the 5th level. So he'll be bigger than most size med 5 figure, but I don't know if that makes him Imposing to figures like Thor, Hulk, Surtur, etc. or even a 180 point Giant Man. Also, he's just a dude in a suit and not a badass like Darkseid.

Air to Surface Missiles is cool. While it seems like a lot going on, once you get used to the non-flying/stealth flying requirement it's quite easy and then the passing over adds to the theme and adds to some tactical play. He will get to use the missiles at full range after using Turbo Boost so while not as powerful as his normal attack, it will be certainly something to think about in regards to whether to get the most out of his normal attack or getting the most out of his range with the missiles.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:02 PM

Well, here was my original write-up:

INTIMIDATION GAMES
At the start of the game, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero. While the chosen Hero is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with Iron Monger, it rolls 1 fewer attack and defense die.

Might be more appropriate. I just thought I'd re-use a power we all know, but I'm flexible.

In the movie, he's definitely imposing... but I don't know how well the mini captures that.

As for the life thing, that seems to be two against it. So please, weigh in on that as well.

Old October 4th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

VERY much in favor of 3 Life. Iron Monger really strikes me as in line with the Deathwalkers - big guy, lots of defense, but cracks under pressure.

Like Imposing Presence on him. No real opinion on the Missiles, but they work. Not a huge fan of Turbo Boost - I prefer him being slow all the time. I'd like to push the "lumbering" nature of him if anything.
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:53 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I like the Imposing Presence reuse. Just because the mini is kind of small doesn't mean we shouldn't use it for the character (Dum Dum is huge, Alfred doesn't have a shotgun, etc...).

And with the Iron Man 3 set coming out, they might have a movie version of him which would be bigger, but we'd have to wait until whenever that comes out.
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
And with the Iron Man 3 set coming out, they might have a movie version of him which would be bigger, but we'd have to wait until whenever that comes out.
Set for March, probably pushed back until April... they're much better with scale nowadays, so it's definitely an option to keep in mind.
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:59 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Set for March, probably pushed back until April... they're much better with scale nowadays, so it's definitely an option to keep in mind.
Yeah, we've put Phoenix on hold until we can nab pictures, so I don't see a problem here.

I actually like the 3 life, also, and I wouldn't mind seeing as much as 8 defense to compensate for it. I really like the Turbo Boost power, but I can see where Johnny is coming from with the lumbering aspect, it WOULD make him faster than Iron Man. Maybe make it a once per round thing?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library