Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart
Re: Legends of Scape (RPG)

I tried this out recently, and Ilike it. But I would like for thatere to be a few more classes and races, if thats not too much. I can custom them myself, like I already am making a campaign setting where certain civilizations have bonuses, so it won't be much. But if you're planning them, the cool.

Old October 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post
I tried this out recently, and Ilike it. But I would like for thatere to be a few more classes and races, if thats not too much. I can custom them myself, like I already am making a campaign setting where certain civilizations have bonuses, so it won't be much. But if you're planning them, the cool.
Excellent! I'm really happy you like it.

What classes and races would you like to see?

To test out Legends of Scape I wanted to start off small and simple. But I plan to develop some evil races for characters to battle against. More powerful orcs, drow, and yuan-ti (vipers) are just a few races that will be able to advance in levels.

If you develop any new classes or races, I'd be happy to add them as optional classes in the rulebook. The main thing is to try to keep them balanced.
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:14 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post
Excellent! I'm really happy you like it.

What classes and races would you like to see?

To test out Legends of Scape I wanted to start off small and simple. But I plan to develop some evil races for characters to battle against. More powerful orcs, drow, and yuan-ti (vipers) are just a few races that will be able to advance in levels.

If you develop any new classes or races, I'd be happy to add them as optional classes in the rulebook. The main thing is to try to keep them balanced.
I've been pondering a few new races myself. So far, I have:
Spoiler Alert!

Feel free to use them or modify them.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Viper (+1 Move, -1 Defense, Frenzy)
Soulborg (-1 Life, +1 Defense)
Lizardfolk (+1 Attack, +1 Defense)

Feel free to use them or modify them.
The Viper stats look good. I'd consider giving them Slither instead of Frenzy (they can take Frenzy as their first Skill point), but Frenzy is OK too.

The Soulborgs should probably have +2 Defense, or +3 Defense and -1 Move. Are you are allowing the Soulborgs to wear armor?

Lizardfolk probably need a minus to some stat or some other kind of restriction. Otherwise, being Lizardfolk will be the most powerful characters in the game. On the other hand, maybe that's OK. The drawback to being a Lizardfolk is, well... you're a Lizard! The tail is kind of cool, but the forked tongue is kind of creepy, and the scales just seem annoying.

Maybe a Lizardfolk's Move is decreased by 1 for each 10 degrees below 60 degrees? After all, they are cold blooded.
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:18 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

Those races pretty much cover what I wanted, so thanks. But I think it needs Kyrie, as it is heroscpae. I added them into my civilization list, good and evil. They get flying, and some other stats. Heres all of my current civilizations:
Spoiler Alert!
hope you like my ideas.

Old October 31st, 2011, 01:05 PM

Finally had a chance to play more Legends of Scape this past weekend!

Game 1
After defeating the Marro at the Eastern Outpost, my sons felt like they needed to get a message back to the Duke of Bucknell right away. Bacari (my younger son's wizard) cast an Animal Transform spell on Halt (my older son's elven ranger) and on himself--turning both of them into pidgeons.

Pidgeons can fly 50 miles an hour. I added a rule that spells listed with the duration "battle" last 1 hour. Since each hex on my map is 25 miles across, they can travel 2 hexes an hour. They flew 2 hexes, cast another spell and flew two more hexes. It took them two days to make it to Bucknell.

The Duke of Bucknell told them to go and determine if there are more Marro--and exterminate them if possible. Marro have never been seen in Bucknell before (they are from the far west of the Shoon Empire), and since they spread like fire ants (by planting hives along the way) it is grave news indead.

On the way back, Halt and Bacari saw four woodsmen being attacked by a Stink Beetle. Bacari summoned some Venoc Vipers and caused 3 wounds to the beetle. Halt finished the beetle off with an arrow. Two of the woodmen died, but the other two were saved.

Change to Summon Spells
After this battle, and reflecting on the previous few battles, I realized that the Summon spells are too powerful. A first level elven wizard could summon 5 squads of grut orcs to fight for him each day (200 points!) That's much more powerful than any other first level hero.

Now each hero/squad summoned requires 1 spell point for every 15 points the hero or squad is worth. So blade gruts (40 points) would require the wizard to use 3 spell points to summon them. Dumatef Guard (25 points) would require 2 spell points.

Game 2
Meanwhile, back at the Eastern Outpost, Grim (my dwarf, a carpenter by trade) was busy fixing the outpost door when 2 squads of wolves attacked.

Grim stood in the doorway, blocking the entrance, while Kel-Ef (my healing wizard) cast a Protection +1 spell and stayed just inside the outpost to give Grim extra protection. Asgarth (my younger son's warrior) stayed on the ramparts to use his bow, while Zephyrus (my older son's wizard) cast a Summon Elemental spell (using all 3 spell points) and summoned an Earth Elemental. Then he climbed to the top wall and used a scroll (Enchant Arrows 1) to add +1 to Asgarth's Attack.

The wolves rushed at Grim but missed. Asgarth took out 1 wolf. Grim did Spiral Slash Special Attack and took out another wolf.

The wolves attacked Grim and caused 2 wounds. Kel-Ef stepped up and healed Grim's wounds.

Then the Earth Elemental appeared in the midst of the wolves (and Grim) and rolled 3 skulls for Earth Slam. Grim took 1 wound from the attack, and 3 more wolves were destroyed! Definately the high point of the battle!

Asgarth finished off the last wolf.

Game 3
(to be added soon)
My younger son and I started a separate module and ran two scenarios. I'll post them soon, with the plot of the scenario as well.
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Have you thought about adding other enhancement drops, I was thinking something like this:
Blue Crystal= +1 defense
Red Crystal= + 1 attack
Green Crystal= + 1 Spell Point
Purple Crystal= 2x Gold
The Blue and the Red crystal could be 'added' on to any weapon or armor (Blue for armor, Red for weapon) to add to the stats, and when you get a better weapon/armor, you can move the crystal to that. The Green and the Purple would be equipped by the character. They could be considered an extra item, and you could only equip as many as the level that you are. They would also probably only be dropped by bosses.
Old November 8th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Have you thought about adding other enhancement drops, I was thinking something like this:
Blue Crystal= +1 defense
Red Crystal= + 1 attack
Green Crystal= + 1 Spell Point
Purple Crystal= 2x Gold
The Blue and the Red crystal could be 'added' on to any weapon or armor (Blue for armor, Red for weapon) to add to the stats, and when you get a better weapon/armor, you can move the crystal to that. The Green and the Purple would be equipped by the character. They could be considered an extra item, and you could only equip as many as the level that you are. They would also probably only be dropped by bosses.
I'm thinking that those would be magic items (treasure glyphs) that the characters could find along the way.

For example, in my first scenario, after fighting the Marro at the outpost, the players found a potion of healing, 3 scrolls with magic spells on them, and a magical shield that increases a players Defense by 1.

Your crystals would make good magic items that the players could find to add to their stats.
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:38 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could you put up some blank card templates for the armor, spells, weapons, and skills? Also, is it okay if I post up any custom spells, weapons, armor, or skills that I make for Legends of 'Scape?
Old November 13th, 2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Could you put up some blank card templates for the armor, spells, weapons, and skills? Also, is it okay if I post up any custom spells, weapons, armor, or skills that I make for Legends of 'Scape?
Yes, I'll try to get the blank files uploaded by tomorrow.

Please, feel free to post any custom spells, magic items, races, or whatever customs you add to Legends of Scape.

Also, if you playtest anything (from my stuff or your custom stuff), post that as well. I'd like to know how things go to make sure things stay pretty well balanced.
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:43 AM

I have made some gold tokens to make collecting gold easier, when you get some gold, you simply place one of these markers on the card of the character who got the gold. I made some 50 piece, 100 piece and 1000 piece tokens:
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:05 AM

Blank Spell, Skill, Armor, Weapon, and Item cards (with text) can be found here in Powerpoint format:
Legends of 'Scape Blank Cards

Individual Blank Cards:

Spell Card

Skill Card

Weapon Card

Armor Card

Item Card

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions