Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old November 13th, 2018, 02:29 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Scape value dropping?

Do you guys get the sense that heroscape stuff on ebay and in general is lowering in value? Has the peak of its time passed?

I just got lucky with a $12 box of stuff at Goodwill:
- full ice set
- set of trees, bridge and roads
- tons of expansion figures without cards, including Knights, Romans and a lot more.
- partial castle set

Probably the best deal I have had in all these years.

I was pondering ebaying stuff, to generate money to buy more etc. Just wondering if folks see the prices going down as less people pick it up the older it gets.
Old November 13th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Scape value dropping?

My friend just sold his stuff a few months ago for 5 grand on Ebay. New Master Sets are still over $100 on Amazon.
Old November 13th, 2018, 03:16 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well I guess it is going strong! Every time I get more I tell myself I will sell it on ebay and turn a profit...but then I just absorb it into the collection.
Old November 13th, 2018, 06:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Well I guess it is going strong! Every time I get more I tell myself I will sell it on ebay and turn a profit...but then I just absorb it into the collection.
I know I've bought large collections for a particular set with the intent of selling off the rest to recover what I spent...but I haven't sold much.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 13th, 2018, 07:00 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, I still see super high prices... I think everyone gets lucky once in a while with deals like you found, but I still see tons of ebay and amazon prices at levels beyond insane. Still freaking $50 for Axegrinders... Lately I’ve been looking for some squads of Deathchasers of Thesk, they still float around $16-18 a squad... I hate these prices.
Old November 13th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It is strange to think that I have thousands of dollars worth of toys in my house.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 13th, 2018, 07:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It is strange to think that I have thousands of dollars worth of toys in my house.
I was introducing my meager collection to my pastor's kids the other day. He asked me how much it cost. I said it was expensive, and he looked up RoTV on Amazon, where it's currently $230. I've probably spent around that much in total on my current collection, but it was somewhat shocking to think of the total value at current Amazon prices. Maybe $700 or so?

Then he asked if I was a collector. I told him my little stash doesn't come anywhere near what could be called a collection. More like a modest assortment
Old November 13th, 2018, 08:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Time to up your insurance to cover the cost it would take to replace your toys. It'd be a sad day if just what was in my mancave was destroyed.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 14th, 2018, 09:38 AM

I have always assumed everything I have is worth a fair amount (at least 2 of everything ever made). But I couldn't help wonder if the number of people into it was decreasing. I find myself buying more lately, I should just start auctioning enough of it to double my money each time and build an pool of money for games. But then I am so excited to have a 4th ice set and I don't want to sell it
Old November 14th, 2018, 11:00 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Never owned an ice set. Came close to winning one at Gen Con once.
I hope to 3D print off the mountain pieces someday.

Even if the demand is shrinking, which I doubt, the supply certainly is, especially New in Box merchandise, so that stuff is always going to demand a premium.

The played with stuff is getting less as well as tiles break and figures get hacked up for mods and when stuff gets destroyed or thrown away.
Old November 14th, 2018, 11:33 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Never owned an ice set. Came close to winning one at Gen Con once.
I hope to 3D print off the mountain pieces someday.

Even if the demand is shrinking, which I doubt, the supply certainly is, especially New in Box merchandise, so that stuff is always going to demand a premium.

The played with stuff is getting less as well as tiles break and figures get hacked up for mods and when stuff gets destroyed or thrown away.
I've solved my mountain and glacier piece issue. I just need ice tiles.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 14th, 2018, 11:57 AM

Paint water tiles.
Hopefully I can print those eventually as well. Probably going to have to wait until spring to buy a 3D printer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General