Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 18th, 2014, 03:47 PM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart
Re: Need interesting objectives for 10 player game

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Kill The Person To The Left!!!

First person to kill the person to the left wins. This is fun even in 3-player games, I can't imagine how it would be in a 10+ player game.

This keeps the game short and still very much fun! You have to run away from the guy to your right while trying to kill the person to your left (who is doing the same).

Remember that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". That means the person in front of the guy to your left and behind the guy to your right are your allies (theoretically). You'll want to have some figures to drop back and keep the guy to your right occupied while you go after the guy to your left (with such big armies this shouldn't be a problem).
I think this is the best one yet! Its short, simple, well oriented to a large amount of people in one game, and it'll have some interesting politics with the person in front of the player to your left and the player behind the person to your right. Thanks alot!
Old November 18th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup, this one would also work but the main thing is build several maps and have several games going at once. Do not try with 10 players at once. No more than 4 per game, IMHO. If you don't want to do a tournament-style event, this one is probably best.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 18th, 2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yup, this one would also work but the main thing is build several maps and have several games going at once. Do not try with 10 players at once. No more than 4 per game, IMHO. If you don't want to do a tournament-style event, this one is probably best.
We normally play with multiple maps with no more than 4, and we've never played all together thinking that it would be too boring and long, but we decided to try it for once.
Old November 18th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

If you must, then figure out something where multiple people can take turns at once. That's the only way I can imagine it working. Good luck!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 19th, 2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
If you must, then figure out something where multiple people can take turns at once. That's the only way I can imagine it working. Good luck!
Thanks, I don't think it will be too big of a deal though, because I've got plenty of stuff for my friends to do when they're not taking a turn.
Old November 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quests!!!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=583

I have had a successful game with 6 player using quests. I love how you can each be completing your own quests...some independent of other players. They are great for multi-player.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old November 19th, 2014, 04:03 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

FFA with very few points (250-350?). There are 10 regeneration spaces scattered around the map. Each player designates a primary Hero. Players only score points for killing primary Heroes - 1 point per Hero, regardless of cost. When a primary Hero is destroyed, the player to whom it belongs may place it on any open regeneration station. Would also work for heroes only, all Heroes regenerate and are worth 1 point when killed.
Old November 19th, 2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Quests!!!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=583

I have had a successful game with 6 player using quests. I love how you can each be completing your own quests...some independent of other players. They are great for multi-player.
!
Thanks! We'll try that one out
Old November 19th, 2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

FFA with very few points (250-350?). There are 10 regeneration spaces scattered around the map. Each player designates a primary Hero. Players only score points for killing primary Heroes - 1 point per Hero, regardless of cost. When a primary Hero is destroyed, the player to whom it belongs may place it on any open regeneration station. Would also work for heroes only, all Heroes regenerate and are worth 1 point when killed.
Thanks, I'll keep that one in mind! (Was staring at your signature for about a minute lol)
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:01 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One that I've used before with 3 people is a copy of the scenario from the marvel rulebook, where you place a special glyph on the map that is a sort of "power draining amulet." Only heroes can pick it up, and when the hero carrying the amulet kills another hero, the amulet gains the destroyed hero's power and grants it to the amulet bearer (we set the killed hero's card next to the amulet so we could track what powers it offered.) When the amulet bearer dies, the amulet drops where he died, and the powers stay attached to the amulet.

How many powers you allow the amulet to hold is up to you. You can allow it to hold an unlimited amount of power, or only 2 cards' powers, or maybe only 1 card's power. When we last played, we ruled that once the amulet had two cards on it, the owner would have to discard one if he wanted to drain another power onto it.

Using this method, we had a Drake that had killed Raelin and Migol Ironwill one game. Drake darn near slaughtered everything with his flying, deadly strike, and thorian speed. The +2 defense to his nearby allies was just icing on the cake.

Maybe you could try two different amulets? Whatever. I liked the game, but all in all it's still similar to killem all. I very rarely play with more than 3-4 people. I'd imagine a 10 person game lasting days!

You could do Quests of Heroscape, too! I don't remember where to find it, but it's on the site somewhere. Or you could make up your own quests on paper, and hand them out in secret to the players. Regardless, players could complete quests such as "kill an utgar hero" or "have two heroes in the water at the same time" or whatever other goofy thing you can think of. Make it so each player has 2-3 quests and that they have to complete them all to win.

Good luck!
Old November 20th, 2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
One that I've used before with 3 people is a copy of the scenario from the marvel rulebook, where you place a special glyph on the map that is a sort of "power draining amulet." Only heroes can pick it up, and when the hero carrying the amulet kills another hero, the amulet gains the destroyed hero's power and grants it to the amulet bearer (we set the killed hero's card next to the amulet so we could track what powers it offered.) When the amulet bearer dies, the amulet drops where he died, and the powers stay attached to the amulet.

How many powers you allow the amulet to hold is up to you. You can allow it to hold an unlimited amount of power, or only 2 cards' powers, or maybe only 1 card's power. When we last played, we ruled that once the amulet had two cards on it, the owner would have to discard one if he wanted to drain another power onto it.

Using this method, we had a Drake that had killed Raelin and Migol Ironwill one game. Drake darn near slaughtered everything with his flying, deadly strike, and thorian speed. The +2 defense to his nearby allies was just icing on the cake.

Maybe you could try two different amulets? Whatever. I liked the game, but all in all it's still similar to killem all. I very rarely play with more than 3-4 people. I'd imagine a 10 person game lasting days!

You could do Quests of Heroscape, too! I don't remember where to find it, but it's on the site somewhere. Or you could make up your own quests on paper, and hand them out in secret to the players. Regardless, players could complete quests such as "kill an utgar hero" or "have two heroes in the water at the same time" or whatever other goofy thing you can think of. Make it so each player has 2-3 quests and that they have to complete them all to win.

Good luck!
That amulet ganemode sounds sick! I think to really makeit interesting it needs to be pared up with a specific objective, like kill the person to your left, and have the amulet in the center of the map. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old November 21st, 2014, 01:50 PM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

We really like a variant we call "scouting."
Build a big map and mark ten or twelve hexes all over the place. The first team to visit the entire set of hexes wins. There's lots of fighting, but lots of gambling too, with leaving engagements, feints and fakes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion