Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 20th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I read the bio; I don't see why the power is named Insane Commander. Nothing about the power itself has anything to do with "Commander."

Power names should reflect the power. They may also reflect the backstory, but they should always reflect the power.

--

If the power did something like this, then the name would make sense:

Quote:
INSANE COMMANDER
If Lord Revadac begins his turn adjacent to at least one friendly figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-3, he must attack one adjacent friendly figure and then end his turn. If his turn ends in this way, you may immediately take a turn with a squad you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Lord Revadac. If you roll a 4 or higher, continue his turn normally.
That's the difference.

The current power is just "Fit of Insanity" or something like that.
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:03 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks all for your consideration. Since the objections raised are easily fixed (I'm not wedded to either "Insane" or "Insane Commander" as titles) I would like to withdraw the nomination for Lord Revadac and see what tweaks I can make.

He shall return!
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:42 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lord Revadac by IshMEL has been withdrawn by the designer and is removed from the process.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:50 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Brimstone, Shaitahn, Kheris Fehn, Rorshack, and Grommel Bronzewielder have passed the unified fanscape evaluation and will continue in the test phase.

The Ragweb Spider and Greenspawn Assassin have not passed the unified fanscape evaluation and are removed from the process.
The Ragweb Spider did not pass unified fanscape review due to the following concerns. 1) 4 attack and 4 defense is too much for this figure especially since it is the same size as the squad figures it bonds with that have 2 attack and 2 defense. 2) Another new poisoning mechanic was deemed unnecessary. 3) Poison Bite is too complex for its function.

The Greenspawn Assassin did not pass unified fanscape review due to the following concerns. 1) 4 attack and 4 defense do not match this small figure. 2) The combination of powers represents a complexity creep that should not be encouraged. 3) When played en masse keeping track of which one is which would be difficult (also the nature of the design encourages players to use them in mass).
The above concerns do not represent the entire unified fanscape voting body but were expressed by individual's who voted against the design. Remember the SoV is not a workshop though we do welcome resubmissions. Designers please consider these concerns and change or adapt your design as you feel appropriate. We also encourage you to talk to other Scapers and to playtest your unit carefully.

Last edited by Super Bogue; March 23rd, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Sundol and Jaret Guy are already under unified fanscape evaluation?

Let's go Kheris, you can do it!

And thanks for consideration VC !

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Sundol and Jaret Guy are already under unified fanscape evaluation?
Yep, the discussion/vote continues on those units.

-insert signature here-
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:25 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
The Greenspawn Assassin did not pass unified fanscape review due to the following concerns. 1) 4 attack and 4 defense do not match this small figure. 2) The combination of powers represents a complexity creep that should not be encouraged. 3) When played en masse keeping track of which one is which would be difficult (also the nature of the design encourages players to use them in mass).
Thanks for the consideration. It's probably for the best anyway, as I think the figure no longer has the 120+ availability that it needed to be feasible.

Old March 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Thanks for the consideration. It's probably for the best anyway, as I think the figure no longer has the 120+ availability that it needed to be feasible.
I don't know. I just found 105 with abprices.com, 101 at Miniaturesmarket, and Troll and Toad has another 19. The availability seems fine to me.
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know. I just found 105 with abprices.com, 101 at Miniaturesmarket, and Troll and Toad has another 19. The availability seems fine to me.
Huh. I guess I should have looked harder.

Anyway, I'm turning the custom completely over to B96, who said he does intend to come back with some version of it.

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Huh. I guess I should have looked harder.

Anyway, I'm turning the custom completely over to B96, who said he does intend to come back with some version of it.
Rest assured, he will be back.

I do have a question though, I don't really understand this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue
The combination of powers represents a complexity creep that should not be encouraged
I assume you're not talking about Climbx2. Which just leaves Ambush, and KTSA. To my mind these both read very clear, and don't seem complex at all, especially compared to someone like Kheris. Am I missing something?

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Rest assured, he will be back.

I do have a question though, I don't really understand this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue
The combination of powers represents a complexity creep that should not be encouraged
I assume you're not talking about Climbx2. Which just leaves Ambush, and KTSA. To my mind these both read very clear, and don't seem complex at all, especially compared to someone like Kheris. Am I missing something?
That's a fair question. The short answer is that these listed reasons are merely what some of the C3V members put as justifications for their votes. Not everybody agreed with all of the points listed above. I think the main complexity problem was with Knife Throw, some of our members thought it had complexity that didn't add much if anything to the theme. I want to emphasize what S_B said above, that the numbered reasons are merely the opinions of one or more C3V members, not necessarily the group. Even making a small change could swing the vote the other way.
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Yeah, I do not agree with that complaint. He is less complex than official units (Natikas and Repulsors for example). The goal is ensure that powers on your card can be understand by an 8 year old on first reading.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs