Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Charos

If you play the 4th Massachusetts Line, Charos, being "valiant," is well worth those 210 points. (Charos + 4 x 4th Mass = 500 points of crunchy goodness.)

Last edited by MegaSilver; July 30th, 2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: 210, not 220. ;)
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
If you play the 4th Massachusetts Line, Charos, being "valiant," is well worth those 220 points. (Charos + 4 x 4th Mass = 500 points of crunchy goodness.)
210 Rev. Always 210. But yes, your right. Charos is great for clean-up if you have the points to spare. If your having trouble against the likes of Q9 or his friends, send Charos in to either tie him down or take him out. Charos adds the high attack the 4th Mass. need.
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: The Book of Charos

Charos is worth every bit of 210 points. Depending on the army I would choose him over the other dragons but I don't think any of the dragons are the best characters of the game. If I had to pick between any of them it would be Charos or Molten Claw as my favorites. I usually use him to take out ranged squads. With the GSW It is fairly easy to get him to the behind enemy lines. He is a high life flying samurai that has squads to bond with. I don't agree with just settiong him in the middle of an army and not moveing him; he has a good melee attack and with the GSW you can even put him by Q9 or any other ranged hero and continuously attack while the rest of your army hit from the front lines. If you get behind the lines with him he will be the focus of attack and you should have time to make some significant damage to the opposing army. I like this setup:

210-Charos
160-Sonlen
120-Green Scale Warriors

I started to pick another healer but this guy is so much more. Even if you didn't heal Charos in time you have a good chance of victory.

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:46 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker

You may want more Greenscales. The typical problem is the 'Scales outlasting the dragon, but with 6 lizards and Charos, you'll have the opposite problem.

Sonlen isn't much of a healer. He has to use it before moving, and it's only on a 16 or higher to heal one wound. That ain't much when you got 9 life.

Kelda can heal the number of wound that Charos'll be taking, and her d20 roll is way more likely to happen.

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:15 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
You may want more Greenscales. The typical problem is the 'Scales outlasting the dragon, but with 6 lizards and Charos, you'll have the opposite problem.

Sonlen isn't much of a healer. He has to use it before moving, and it's only on a 16 or higher to heal one wound. That ain't much when you got 9 life.

Kelda can heal the number of wound that Charos'll be taking, and her d20 roll is way more likely to happen.
Or Rhogar, maybe? You lose the single ranged normal attack, and the Swoop, but you get a potentially multi-targeting Special instead, an extra defense die, and his chance to heal is better (but requires adjacency). And he's a little bit cheaper than Sonlen.

Rhogar - 110
Charos - 210
Greenscales x 3 - 180

500 / 12

Old April 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: The Book of Charos

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:

Or Rhogar, maybe? You lose the single ranged normal attack, and the Swoop, but you get a potentially multi-targeting Special instead, an extra defense die, and his chance to heal is better (but requires adjacency). And he's a little bit cheaper than Sonlen.

Rhogar - 110
Charos - 210
Greenscales x 3 - 180

500 / 12
I might use Rhogar but the reason I chose Sonlen was actually for the versatility he has, and to have some range with this army. If I did I would have to find a ranged squad like the Marro Stingers to go in with this build instead of another GSW because I believe this army would be missing something with no range. I like ranged/melee army builds; without both you have an easily accessable weak point in my opinion and experience.The reason I chose this army is by the time I did the damage with Charos and the GSW I believe I would have the opposing army damaged enough that Sonlen could come in as a clean up crew. I have taken out multiple heros and squads in multiple games with Sonlen. I don't like makeing strategies which rely on one character to much because if that character fails you, your army fails you. I appriciate the feedback.

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I might use Rhogar but the reason I chose Sonlen was actually for the versatility he has, and to have some range with this army. If I did I would have to find a ranged squad like the Marro Stingers to go in with this build instead of another GSW because I believe this army would be missing something with no range. I like ranged/melee army builds; without both you have an easily accessable weak point in my opinion and experience.The reason I chose this army is by the time I did the damage with Charos and the GSW I believe I would have the opposing army damaged enough that Sonlen could come in as a clean up crew. I have taken out multiple heros and squads in multiple games with Sonlen. I don't like makeing strategies which rely on one character to much because if that character fails you, your army fails you. I appriciate the feedback.
I can certainly appreciate those points. For my part, I've had better success focusing on either range or melee with an army than trying to do both well. And to that end, I'd rather choose a different dragon, like Braxas or Nilfheim if I wanted the peanut butter/chocolate of a Ranged/Melee build.

BUT since this is Charos' book and not the Greenscales', that's really a conversation for a different book.

Old November 1st, 2011, 08:06 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemothebeastfish View Post
Charos works great with 4th mass.
Not as well with knights but still works good.

My heroscape instinct tell me that Charos could possibly work great with Warriors of Ashra.

What Raelin would suit him best with each army above?
I'm not sure if your familiar with them but the Greenscale Warriors go great with Charos.

Here's my favorite Charos army:

Charos
Greenscale Warriorsx3
Airborne Elite
500points/11spaces(15 figures)
------
Charos and Greenscales are the main attack force in this army, with the Airborne Elite filling in a shock trooper role. One great thing about this army is that Charos and Greenscalesx3 should stay alive plenty long enough for the Airborne to eventually drop in.
Old November 1st, 2011, 09:06 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Charos works surprisingly well with the Phantom Knights...

Melee-based armies: Raelin-backed Charos tears up the puny little figures with Counterstrike, and PKs can hold their own pretty well.

Raged-based armies: PKs kill up some "Girly Ranged Units" and Charos is more than good for mopping up the survivors.

Conveniantly enough, PKsx3, Charos and RotV Rae-Rae equals 500.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 02:58 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Greenscales are actually better with Braxas/Nilf or Zelrig. Charos wouldn't be my first choice...
Greenscales are great in draft formats because there's a dragon to counter almost any build. If your opponent takes orcs or gladiators - even knights to a degree, Charos is a good pick.

My daughter has been having great luck with Heirloom, Bacon, Greenscales + Dragon of the Week. Memorably with Charos on Ember Canyon Road: she created a roadblock with the Greenscales and Charos in the middle of the map, clogging my Heavies and Grimnak together; then threw a surprise order marker on Heirloom after putting the X on him all game, climbed up the hill just enough to hit a weakened Grimnak and cluster of orcs with Force Orb. It was all downhill for me after that.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Greenscales are actually better with Braxas/Nilf or Zelrig. Charos wouldn't be my first choice...
Greenscales are great in draft formats because there's a dragon to counter almost any build. If your opponent takes orcs or gladiators - even knights to a degree, Charos is a good pick.

My daughter has been having great luck with Heirloom, Bacon, Greenscales + Dragon of the Week. Memorably with Charos on Ember Canyon Road: she created a roadblock with the Greenscales and Charos in the middle of the map, clogging my Heavies and Grimnak together; then threw a surprise order marker on Heirloom after putting the X on him all game, climbed up the hill just enough to hit a weakened Grimnak and cluster of orcs with Force Orb. It was all downhill for me after that.
There are better options for the GW then Charos. Braxas, Othkurik, Nilfheim are all better, Charos will eventually either lag behind or hold up the GW (except on hilly terrain). having Braxas as the lizard queen you could engage certain figures with the GW and then have Braxas attempt to insta-kill the engaged enemy. Charos and GW make good blockers and take AGES to kill sometimes. Dragons are great and with all of them together they counter practically everything.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:31 AM

Overlord Hikash is surprisingly tart

Charos used to be one of those "Don't touch him, and maybe he'll leave us alone" figures in our games. Play keep-away, and pick at him from range. Solid strategy, obviously. One game, though, my cousin took his Spartacus and walked right on up to Charos, and proceeded to put a three-turn beatdown on him. Ever since then... we've all gotten a bit more aggressive toward ol' Big Green.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units