Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which is the best Dragon?
Nilfheim 50 74.63%
Braxas 17 25.37%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #15 -- Nilfheim Vs. Braxas

The spray of a thousand, sub-zero, rock-hard ice shards versus miniscule, flesh-burning, venomous acid breath. Which dragon's breath, Nilfheim or Braxas, sounds nicer to you?

This debate was submitted my Einar's puppy.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

Next week:
Spoiler Alert!

MegaSilver, Unit Debate Master
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:29 AM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart
Re: Unit Debate #15 -- Nilfheim Vs. Braxas

I picked Nilf because I don't like to rely on the 20 sider that much and Nilf's attack could kill Braxas. Plus he is less points.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I really like Nilf better. He seems like more of a front line dragon then Braxas does. I think Nilf can kill squads almost better than Braxas can. I can add a Dumutef guard to my army if I choose Nilf. Also, he has a special attack that bypasses my defenses.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Both are great, but at the end of the day Braxas is much more specialized than Nilfheim. That versatility is, in general, much more useful. Of course, there are some very good reasons to chose Braxas, like high cost squads, squads with really tough defenses, even against special attacks (like the Sentinels).

But at the end of the day, Nilfheim does more for less. He doesn't do some things quite as well, but he has a ranged special attack, has some serious hero killing abilities with his 6 attack dice, and he can take a pretty decent beating with the magic 4 defense at 6 life.
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

To let you guys know....

I use Nilfhiem often to take on Braxas. And he decimates her nearly all the time, or at least causes enough wounds to allow secondary figures to take her down. And my brother is the one with Braxas...

MegaSilver, Unit Debate Master
Old August 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM

SuperEsenwein Woo who?

I like Nilfheim better than Braxas. He can attack 3 times with 4 attack, which is powerful. Also, he can attack multiple large or huge figures, or 1 huge hero and 2 squads. Braxas has a harder time destroying heroes, and against a squad with 4 defense, both Nilfheim and braxas will kill two. Against a squad with less defense, Nilfheim might kill more. Plus, Nilfheim has 6 normal attack dice instead of Braxas' 5.

Finally, Nilfheim is less points.

Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
Old August 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Though I would take Nilf in this matchup as well (mostly due to the point differential), one edge I don't see mentioned here is that Nilf only gets to use his full special attack (as in all three shots) if he doesn't have someone engaging him and locking him down. He's decently easy to limit to one attack a turn for this reason. Locking down Braxas does nothing to limit the usefulness of her Acid Breath.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 28th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good job with this debate Megasilver, I mean EP . This is probably the most even dragon debate. Nilfheim/Braxas is greater than Zelrig, who is greater than Charos, who is greater than Mimring.

I went Nilfheim because 1. He's cheaper. 2. He has more defense. 3. Has a better sculpt 4. Follows Jandar.

Who submitted the next debate, Megasilver?

Last edited by rednax; August 28th, 2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:22 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not sold on Zelrig and Charos being greater than Mimring, but that's a debate for another time ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not sold on Zelrig and Charos being greater than Mimring, but that's a debate for another time ...
...or right now . Zelrig is better than Mimring because of better survivability, an easier way to target multiple figures, and the bonus against common squads. Mimring has him only beat by bonding, +1 range, point cost, and +1 attack.

Charos is better than Mimring because of, well, you know: life, defense, attack, and Counterstrike. Mimring only has beat by 1 move value, point cost, and bonding.

And just so this debate remains morre about Nilfheim/Braxas I'm done, and so is everyone else!
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:38 PM

Zelrig's way of targeting multiple figures is just as easy to avoid as Mimring's, and Mimring's can target more figures. Also, it's much less predictable when Mimring's special will be in play, since he's not activated via his own OMs as much as he is through the Arrow Gruts - thus he can sneak his attack on to large groups more than Zelrig can.
That +1 range gives Mimring an incredible threat range. Yes the bonus against commons is nice for Zelrig, but I don't think it's enough to beat out Mimring's bonding, range boost, and better attack when you account for Zelrig's higher cost and odd point configuration (that 5 at the end of 185 makes him harder to fit into armies than Mimring's nice even 150).
Charos is a much greater point investment than Mimring and he's frankly a lot easier to beat in anything but all melee battles (where Mimring's disallowed anyway). Charos can only attack one figure per turn ever and he doesn't have the range to complement his flying. One extra move value and 7 extra range gives Mimring a threat range of 14 compared to Charos' threat range of 6. Huge difference there. Also, Mimring has a special attack which can bypass all sorts of nice things (like Counter Strike, for instance. ). Yes, Charos has greater survivability once he's engaged, but Mimring can avoid engagement a lot better and can be a lot more effective without being engaged. Charos is better, but not 60 points better, IMO.

Old August 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
...or right now . Zelrig is better than Mimring because of better survivability, an easier way to target multiple figures, and the bonus against common squads. Mimring has him only beat by bonding, +1 range, point cost, and +1 attack.

Charos is better than Mimring because of, well, you know: life, defense, attack, and Counterstrike. Mimring only has beat by 1 move value, point cost, and bonding.

And just so this debate remains morre about Nilfheim/Braxas I'm done, and so is everyone else!
And he has a ranged special attack that's arguably more useful than Zelrig's.

Mimring > Charos.

On topic, I almost want to vote for Braxas just because I get more graons and dirty looks when I draft her.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units