Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 27th, 2011, 10:47 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Spite's Customs - UPDATE 1/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Cool cards , sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been meaning to, but I'm lazy and a slow typier.

Some thoughts:

-Thaelin Frostblade still has the typo I mentioned awhile back

Team Earth

-Personally I'd ditch the Elementar synergy, particularly the bonding.

-I kind of wish the summoner had another power like his buds, he just seems a tad plain in comparison.

-The Earth Archon has a typo in Earth Tremor; 'rolls' is in the wrong spot, should come after 'Earth Archon'.

Team Water

-Honestly, I'm not a fan of the short circuit power, I've never understood the logic behind the 'Water=Death for Robots' thing. Plus, I preferred the other version of the battleaxe it sort-of replaced.

-Otherwise, I really like these two, they seem like a lot of fun.

All in all I really like these guys, can't wait to see what you do for Team Fire
That is my idea, and you can take it up with me. It equals death to robots because when a normal circuit hits water, it short circuits, sparks, and goes out. And robots are made of thousands of circuits nowadays.

My customs HERE. <-----
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" -Edison
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:24 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Cool cards , sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been meaning to, but I'm lazy and a slow typier.
Hey man-I just appreciate the input.
Quote:
Thing is, I tend never to draft the Granite Guardians and I want the extra reason to do it. I do have another rock elemental in the works, so I'll definitely consider giving him the Granite synergy and taking it off Heoreth's card.
Quote:
-I kind of wish the summoner had another power like his buds, he just seems a tad plain in comparison.
Yeah, kind of. The triumph there is supposed to be giving Earth and Dwarves ways to work together. I'll have to test him out and see if he's too boring. I would like to add another thematic ability.
Quote:
-The Earth Archon has a typo in Earth Tremor; 'rolls' is in the wrong spot, should come after 'Earth Archon'.
.....Wow.

It looks like I stood on the other side of the room and threw the word "rolls" at the computer screen and just left it where it landed. I'll fix it.
Quote:
Team Water

-Honestly, I'm not a fan of the short circuit power, I've never understood the logic behind the 'Water=Death for Robots' thing. Plus, I preferred the other version of the battleaxe it sort-of replaced.
I dunno, man. It just gives him another way to be useful. The battleaxe thing is good, but doesn't make any use of the sculpt as a swirling mass of water. He's not the only figure in the game holding a weapon. Hm...
Quote:
-Otherwise, I really like these two, they seem like a lot of fun.
All in all I really like these guys, can't wait to see what you do for Team Fire
Thanks. I'm not sure I'm finished with Zeilon the Inferno's paintjob yet, but hopefully soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
That is my idea, and you can take it up with me. It equals death to robots because when a normal circuit hits water, it short circuits, sparks, and goes out. And robots are made of thousands of circuits nowadays.
Take that, Mr. SG-1.
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:08 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Customs - UPDATE 1/30

New guy! Added Gorkra. Made from the D&D Lords of Madness Minotaur. Great sculpt. Let me know what you think!
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks.

~Spite

EDIT: And fixed the Earth Archon's typo. Thanks, Soundwarp.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; January 30th, 2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Fixed wording on card
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:13 PM

Re: Spite's Customs - NEW MOD 1/31

Ok, time to amp it up. I've been working on this mod for a while and I finally got it finished and got the pictures together.

Ru-Mok-Sa is made from Tor-Kul-Na and the front-end of his prod. His mount is made from Othkurik's body and Dund's head. I don't have a card for him yet, so please feel free to suggest any abilities that jump to mind. So far, I have 5M, 1R, 3A, 5D in mind, with probably 4 or 5 Life. I want him to help the Groks, because right now I don't draft them at all. I haven't decided how that should happen yet.

Sorry the pictures aren't great. Unfortunately, my photography skills aren't as far along as my "cutting-Dund's-head-off" skills.

What do you think??

~Spite
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:09 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

How about
Slimy Skin
All adjacent figures to (name) must attack (name). After they attack (name, again), roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, inflict one wound on the figure.

My customs HERE. <-----
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:44 PM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Dude I love that Minotaur card! I'll definitely have to use that in a game sometime if you don't mind. I am a bit confused about the name of the power though, is it a DnD thing?

Also very nice mod Have you considered getting some FixIt Sculpt or Green Stuff? A little sculpt to touch up the joins would make this dude look even better.

As for powers and such, I'm not really sure, the Groks certainly need a lot of help. Unfortunately, their main flaw is their point cost, and there's not much you can do about that. Something to help their survivability might work, but a straight defense boost doesn’t seem very Marro-y. Maybe a power like Parmenio's Defy Death thing? Or maybe he could terrify squad figures into not attacking in the first place?

Stat wise he looks good, maybe bump the move up to 7 though? It would be nice if the Groks had a Warlord that could both keep up with them and work well with them.

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Yes an unprotected circuit will short out. But, we have plenty of robots and other electronics that are designed to function in water for long periods of time in real life. So it seems odd that Soulborgs, robots far more advanced than our current tech, start having fits because they happen to stand next to a water elemental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Thing is, I tend never to draft the Granite Guardians and I want the extra reason to do it. I do have another rock elemental in the works, so I'll definitely consider giving him the Granite synergy and taking it off Heoreth's card.
My problem with the bonding is the Guardians are already a squad, but then they're getting three turns as separate figures, which causes some problems with things like Gain High Ground and such. Plus it could become unbalanced if you wanted to make some (or use someone else’s) Elementaur customs.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:18 PM

Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun Lamaclown is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice work on Ru-Mok-Sa.

I imagine the Groks getting agitated by the presence of RMS's mount. It puts them on edge to such an extent that the Groks themselves lash out at anything that gets too close.

Maybe give the Grok Riders something akin to an engagement strike when a figure engages a Grok Rider that is within 2 clear sight spaces of RMS.
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:13 PM

@Soundwarp: I see your point, but I still like the idea that adjacency with a being made of water would harm a robot.
Also, I agree that he should have 7 move, because generally mounted/semi-bestial things have around 7 move (think Deathstalkers). With 3A 5D he seems a little Dündish. Maybe 4/4? I don't really know.

My customs HERE. <-----
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Ru-Mok-Sa

Sick awesome!

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:31 AM

Re: Spite's Customs - New 2/5

Thanks guys. I'm updating with the Greater Bog Elemental, which I have been workshopping over in the Freelance Feedback thread. I think he's ready for playtesting as soon as I have the opportunity.

The GBE is a World of Warcraft mini called Bog Elemental. Very cool-looking. Thanks to everyone who helped me iron out the fine points on the card.

Let me know what you think.

~Spite
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:28 PM

"Purification" does not seem like it would be the correct name for that power, maybe "Muckification". And also, what Hunters were you specifically hoping to boost with that power? I can only think of the Quasatch and the Glads now and neither seem they were your purpose. 6 life with Swamp Healing seems like it would be a little good. Maybe, 5 life? I'm not too sure. I really like the idea and figure though. Great Job!

My customs HERE. <-----
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Online HS Season 4 Champion

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I love this guy he actually makes the Drudge playable, awesome!

Some thoughts:

I believe the word you're looking for is Putrefaction

I think Mask Approach needs to have it's effects activate independently of each other. Right now the second part of the power only triggers if the figure began it's turn next to the Bog Elemental, so figures that haven't taken a turn wouldn't get it and neither would figures that had to take a turn to move next to the GBE. That seems like a to keep track of, especially with squads. Having to remember if Marro Drudge #26 began a turn next to the GBE 10 rounds ago would get pretty annoying after awhile.

Otherwise he looks good. He might need to go up a few points though, he seems a bit better that the GIE.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards