Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Finally got my March game list done (* by larger games):

UNO: Harry Potter 11 (Kids love this one)
*Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie 10 (Had some great games. Also did some C3V playtesting for Spring Break--great times!)
Sorry! Sliders 7 (Still my favorite quick, casual game)
UNO: Marvel Heroes 7 (My youngest's favorite)
*Dominion 5 (Also been great seeing this one on the tables more. My boys chose it a few times. Been having fun with the Hinterlands.)
Knock Your Blocks Off 5 (Quick, fun, not amazing, but fun)
Rat-a-Tat Cat 5 (My wife's favorite quick card game)
(Dominion: Hinterlands 4) (I like to keep track of which expansions we're using. This month has seen a lot of Hinterlands, clearly.)
Fairy Tale 4 (Great little game.)
Reiner Knizia's Amazing Flea Circus 4 (My favorite of the truly simple, quick games.)
Straw 4
Spoiler Alert!

Plays for Larger Games: (Just to see it without the UNO clutter ...)

Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie 10
Dominion 5
Cosmic Encounter 3
Pirate's Cove 2
Summoner Wars 2
7 Wonders 1
Betrayal at House on the Hill 1
Dungeon Run 1
Kingdom Builder 1
Notre Dame 1
Pandemic 1
Risk Legacy 1
Stone Age 1
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
I had nyys over today... Played a few games for the night.

1x GoSu
Tina took the win with an insane level 2 character. She held the lead the whole game while nyys and I worked together to dwindle her power.

1x Ninjato
Taught this one to nyys and he took the win, playing well for his first time at the game. If I can recall the scores were nyys-98, Tina-90, and I at 86.

1x Survive
We taught this one to Tina, and it was fun clowning around with the game. Nyys won with a score of 24, I with 13, and Tina with 11.

1x Ascension
Most of the monsters took the day off in this match. Tina won by a hair with 88, I had 87, and nyys had I believe, 76.
Great game night. GOSU Kamakor was fantastic and I really enjoyed Ninjato as well. That one is going on the short list. Survive is always fun, and Ascension with all the expansions just keeps getting better.

-insert signature here-
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Heroscape x5 (2-2 in tournament rounds and one game for fun)
Risk Legacy x2 (win then "held on")
FITS (win with 20 points)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Finished some models for Dust Tactics!

An Axis Ludwig.

Axis Luther.

I have also been slowly working on a Dreadfleet commission, which is (finally!) nearing completion. It has to be done by the 25th of the month, so I am coming down to the crunch on this one.

@Jormi: I really like your Malifaux work! I am starting a Malifaux commission sometime this month (a Showgirls gang), and I am really looking forward to it. The stockings on the Showgirls will be a real bugger to paint, as I cannot seem to figure out how I will get that sheer black look going.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:57 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

Got in my first 2 games of Dust Tactics and was underwhelmed by the whole experience. I was the Axis and we only played with the Core Set but both games were over in under 15 minutes. Hopefully there is more to this game than, Roll Initiative, Move, Roll Attack, and then do it all over again until one side is completely wiped out. On a positive note I thought the minatures that came with the game looked great.

I alos got to play my first 2 games of Lords of Waterdeep. We played a 3-player game and then a 5-player game. I really enjoyed everything about this game and the fact that I had 2 come from behind victories didnt hurt either. I had the Lady that lets you get 6 points for each building you own in both games. In the first game I got to build 5 buildings and in the second game even though the other 4 players all guessed early on that I had the same Lady again, they still let me build 6 buildings. Needless to say 30 and 36 points at the end of the game are huge. Very fun game and I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for another Euro style Worker Placement game. The Quest and Intrigue cards will make the game a little different everytime. Both the 3 and 5 player games took us about 90 minutes each.

I finally got to play another game of A Game of Thrones: The Card Game. This was a 2-player Joust game and I tried a Greyjoy Deck for the first time while my buddy played a custom Stark Deck that he designed. He beat me 15-12 but I really enjoyed it. I wish there were more people around here that played this game as I think it is a really good, deep, game.

I finished the day with a 4-player game of Kingdom Builder. Two of the guys playing were new to the game and one of them won it. I finished in second place. Overall a very fun day of gaming.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old April 8th, 2012, 01:34 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahavice View Post
Got in my first 2 games of Dust Tactics and was underwhelmed by the whole experience. I was the Axis and we only played with the Core Set but both games were over in under 15 minutes. Hopefully there is more to this game than, Roll Initiative, Move, Roll Attack, and then do it all over again until one side is completely wiped out. On a positive note I thought the minatures that came with the game looked great.
I have to agree, but my kid likes it so I'm good with it for now. I hold out hope for the Warfare rules coming out soon.

We played Flash Point twice today using Lego firemen and both my kids (9 & 5) loved it. I did tweak the rules a little so nobody "died" after my daughter asked what happened to the dog after an explosion. I really like it as well and look forward to playing the advanced rules.
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
I have to agree, but my kid likes it so I'm good with it for now. I hold out hope for the Warfare rules coming out soon.

We played Flash Point twice today using Lego firemen and both my kids (9 & 5) loved it. I did tweak the rules a little so nobody "died" after my daughter asked what happened to the dog after an explosion. I really like it as well and look forward to playing the advanced rules.

I tried Dust Tactics once and wasn't impressed. With the awesome minis and price tag, I was hoping for more than move and attack basic stuff. The guy that I played it with had gotten the core set on clearance for like $15, so it was too good of a deal for him to pass up.

Advanced rules for Flashpoint are tough, but fun. Still haven't won with them in 2 tries and that's on Recruit level.

Had a long game night last night, from 5 -12:30. I was only planning on staying until 11, but got lured into another game.

Played:

Tsuro - My first time playing. It was kind of neat and pretty quick.

Survive - 6 player game with Squid expansion. I didn't do so well as the squid were not my friend.

Flash Point: Fire Rescue - I played the Paramedic and got a few people out and even carried a hazmat out while I was leading a treated victim out. But the other 3 players couldn't contain the fire after awhile and the hot spots helped get it out of control for us. We only saved 4 victims before the building collapsed. We would have had another one but one guy carried the cat victim outside and left it just outside the front door. It was safe as there was no fires nearby and we figured we'd use AP's to call the ambulance over later. But then a series of explosions led to a shockwave that sent flames out the front door and fried the cat.

Catacombs - this was my first time playing this and I played the Barbarian. It was fun, but tough as 3 of the 4 of us had never played and our "flicking" skills weren't on par with the dungeon master. It was the DM's game and he had just gotten a new expansion that he wanted to try out with the Ice Princess, Blood Skulls, and Giant Scorpions that dished out poison.

Sail to Steam - This was a playtesting session for a game being developed. We liked some things about it but offered suggested changes that we would like to see.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:

I tried Dust Tactics once and wasn't impressed. With the awesome minis and price tag, I was hoping for more than move and attack basic stuff. The guy that I played it with had gotten the core set on clearance for like $15, so it was too good of a deal for him to pass up.
Yeah, the game can feel pretty boring with just the first core set. You kinda have to get some of the other boxes, such as the artillery mecha and the command boxes. After those hit the battlefield, things get much more interesting.
@Omahavice: you should try some scenarios, such as take and hold type things. Those are always more interesting than kill 'em all games.
I am really looking forward to Dust Warfare, though. And the SSU are coming out soon!

~Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:39 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Yesterday was a busy day but we did manage to get in a game of Gears of War. After the setup and the explanation of rules my boys were like "Oh this is going to be easy"...it wasn't...but we did pull out the victory thanks to some opportune rolls from Augustus (me) while the two of them were bleeding out on the floor. Definitely a fun game...and you can play it solo...so its a definite keeper. Just hope they make some expansions for it with new missions, locusts, etc.

Today we are going to my aunt's for Easter so I am picking out some games to bring along for my nephews to play with my boys and will probably bring along Telestrations and Wits and Wagers Family if we can get some of the grownups to join in.
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:02 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Dungeon Petz and Shipyard x1 tonight.

I was third in Dungeon Petz and I won Shipyard.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Had a great Easter yesterday and managed to slide in some great family game time as well:

Risk Legacy
Ticket to Ride: Asia
Kingdom Builder x2
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I helped Truth at PAX East over the weekend so there were three of us running demos at two booths. I played (and taught):
Summoner Wars (x?*)

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games