Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 20th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
No love for National Heroscape Day

I am kinda bummed that NHSD never even got a front page post like it did last year. I feel it was a big enough deal to merit a front page spot, it is a holiday this website got off the ground, It has gotten way bigger in one year ( in the # of events and the # of people attending ). Hasbro donated 3 new swamp MS to at least 10 of the events ( not sure if they all received this or only the top 10, ) and House Mouse kicked in $50 gift cards for the events.

OK, OK I kinda made myself Mr. NHSD and really promoted it on this site and got some other places ( besides Ohio - the 2nd biggest even in the world for NHSD ) to get tourneys going also. But I just felt this site should have shown a little extra love for such an amazing event that went down and was all about Heroscape?

But I waited a month and nothing came up, so I thought I would voice my thoughts here --- NHSD needs more love from this site next year!!!!!

It is the only national holiday for geeks like us, so lets enjoy it more and at least give it a front page post next year.............................

Scape On'

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Codex 8 did talk about it though, and that's still on the front page.

A front page article specifically about NHSD might have been nice too. I certainly had a great time that weekend, either way. The existence of this site certainly helps things like that get off the ground. I know I wouldn't have gone to all that trouble to drive to another state had it not been for the Events section and the thousands of nerds that waste time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:55 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
If you'd written an article about NHSD, I'm sure Truth would have posted it on the front page. That's really probably all it would have taken.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old November 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
...and the thousands of nerds that waste time here.
That's "geeks"
Old November 20th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
...and the thousands of nerds that waste time here.
That's "geeks"
I kinda prefer the word nerd. It was made up by Dr. Seuss when he wrote If I Ran the Zoo in 1952. It was some weird animal that he doesn't even mention in the story, but it's there with the word Nerd clearly written beneath it.

Geeks, on the other hand, were weird circus performers that bit heads off chickens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:32 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Geek, and proud of it. My daughter even called me one. I shed a tear... in HAPPINESS!!!

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
You can't "nerd" out.
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:47 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I prefer geek because it tends to have a more intellectual connotation to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:49 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Really? I always insist on "dork." Seems to be the most flattering of the three . . . but that's just one dork's opinion.

. . . and you can "dork out."
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice
Really? I always insist on "dork." Seems to be the most flattering of the three . . . but that's just one dork's opinion.

You did know that 'dork' is the word for a male sperm whale's baby maker, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice

You did know that 'dork' is the word for a male sperm whale's baby maker, right?
Yea, but unless it was originally applied to geeks for their resemblance to said baby maker, I'm not really letting it get to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion