Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Preferred play style
Single elim 2 16.67%
Swiss 8 66.67%
Other (please specify) 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 9th, 2007, 02:01 AM

Doustin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
If you can show up any time between 10 and 12 it would be great. I dont plan on using any "special" terrain, so if youre willing to bring grass/rock/sand to help us have enough maps it would be very good. Ill add the four of you to the list.

On another note, is anyone planning on wearing a costume? I plan on it, but not if Im gonna be the only one. Also, is anyone bringing donations for the prize table? Id kinda like to have an idea of what we'll have.

Old September 9th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
It's about two-and-a-half hours to get there for me, so I was hoping to skip most of the set-up. I figured if I got there around 11.15 or 11.30 or so, that would be sufficient to get the game schedule started (I'll do some template index cards and big score sheets in advance).

I intend to bring prizes. I was thinking that bringing a few small prizes might be better than one bigger one, in the hope of having more prizes than people so everyone gets at least one prize. Inspiration might hit with something more original, but if not my group are going to get a few booster packs with common squads and break them in half (so, a single squad of deathreavers could be one prize, a single squad of Warriors of Ashra could be another, and so on). We're thinking commons rather than uniques because more commons are always useful, even if you already have those figures once.

I forgot about costumes and haven't mentioned them to anyone yet. I'll get some feedback.
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM

Yeah I think more prizes would be better. If I can find them I have some spare wave 6 packs Ill be donating. And I guess if youre planning on making the score sheets and whatnot I wont have to. Yay.

Old September 12th, 2007, 11:37 PM

Must... stay... on first... page...

Old September 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM

Bobbo has disabled reputation
Carp!

I'm out. We are visiting family in Conneticut that weekend, and will ironically be closer to all the other tournament locations than the one closest to our home. (Did that make sense?)

I promise to make the next one, because a NH Heroscape league would be pretty sweet!

I got nuthin...
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:32 AM

Aw, thats no good. Well we'll have to have fun there for you, and for everyone else that cant make it.

Old September 17th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doustin
Must... stay... on first... page...
I agree.
Old September 21st, 2007, 03:53 PM
Is a Quadradical

My friends suck (possibly).

The introducing-new-people-to-heroscape part of the plan is going well, but a side effect is that there are more new people to play with around here and it's getting harder to persuade them that they want to travel for a couple of hours to go to a tournament. I'll keep at it, but I expect it's more likely to be two or three of us (total) than the five or six I was hoping for
Old September 22nd, 2007, 02:30 AM

Would that be like a catch 22? Have you mentioned the chance of getting a prize and how it should be a really fun time with lots of great people? Well at the very least its more potential players for any future tourneys.

Old September 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM

azeroth00 has disabled reputation
marvel

about the marvel selection, its better to tell people what they can and cant use before hand with time so we can plan on using different armies like if we wanted silver surfer.(surfer in my opinion is a definetly not a competition piece, too much damage 2 hard 2 hit. so what are the ruling on marvel then?
Old September 23rd, 2007, 02:38 AM

Well nobody has voiced any complaints so Id say theyll be allowed. I think theyve been shown to be compatable enough to not cause any problems.

Old September 24th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Is a Quadradical

I'm looking forward to seeing how the marvel pieces do in a tournament. I think they're going to be vulnerable to some much cheaper regular heroscape characters.

I've been toying with bringing the silver surfer, but he only attacks once each turn. Yes, he can dodge around, but taking on a swarm of cheap units (24 arrow gruts, say, for the same price) is pretty daunting.

Do you know what the smallest starting zone is Doustin? Not that I have 24 arrow gruts even if I wanted to bring them...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events