Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 11th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Godzilla and friends

Anguirus and Biollante are definitely on the table as characters we could design - the base situation adds a little bit of a hurdle, but not an insurmountable one.
Old April 11th, 2021, 01:37 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mothra is my favourite Godzilla character and ever since you released Godzilla I've been dying to get her on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Here's what I have saved for Mothra, but, yeah, basing seems like it'd be daunting ....
I'd be fine with this figure because in the UK it's by far the most affordable one (the only affordable one and even then it's pushing it). My biggest gripe with it is that that design has such drastically different proportions compared to the classic Mothra design. The wings are enormous and the body is tiny by comparison.

Having looked up that figure too, it's about 10 1/2 inches wide with a 2 1/2 inch long body. She's not that much bigger than a human. Still crazy big on the board for how much space those wings will take up, each wing is about 3 hexes wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quick stab at a Mothra design, since we're talking about her but we haven't got a write-up going:
Spoiler Alert!
Love this! Might cause some issues as you can special attack the figure you grab though. The special attack could always be a big AoE in front of her as if she flaps her wings directly at enemies. A ranged ability could always be a possibility too as I believe she can do some sort of beam stuff.
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm my one concern with that Mothra write up is she feels pretty support-oriented for a Huge Event Hero. Not sure hos viable she’d really feel or how much you’d really feel you were using her powers in sub 2000-3000 point games.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2021, 07:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
Love this! Might cause some issues as you can special attack the figure you grab though. The special attack could always be a big AoE in front of her as if she flaps her wings directly at enemies. A ranged ability could always be a possibility too as I believe she can do some sort of beam stuff.
I don't think there are mechanical issues from being able to grab/SA the same figure, but I see how it looks thematically weird, yeah. I'd be fine having a carve-out around that in the SA that the grabbed figure just doesn't get hit, or not letting her use both on the same turn.

Mothra does some beam stuff here and there, but in general she doesn't have a real consistent set of abilities. How much of that she can do really depends on what they want to emphasize for a given movie (and the budget, I'm sure). I think if we wanted a different offensive ability, she drops scales (the glow-y yellow powder) a little more often than any particular beam thing recurs for her.

Probably the "huge wind" thing doesn't actually recur much more than her beam weapons, but it's her main thing in the OG Mothra, so I give it bonus points for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm my one concern with that Mothra write up is she feels pretty support-oriented for a Huge Event Hero. Not sure hos viable she’d really feel or how much you’d really feel you were using her powers in sub 2000-3000 point games.
I think the SA is pretty potent in most any match-up, but admittedly, the first couple powers are not. Designing her around either teaming up with, or countering, other monsters felt like the right move though. She's kinda the party cleric.

I'd be willing to swap out the carry power in a pinch, though, if we wanted to make her a little more general-purpose.
Old April 11th, 2021, 07:13 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Can we expand the power to Medium and make it a claw grab thing instead for the wounding? I think that alone would do a lot to make her more playable in a variety of situations.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Symbiotic

I'd rather replace it than do that, personally - feels weird to me for her to scoop up someone that comparatively small.
Old April 11th, 2021, 08:01 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

The wind does feel off to me for Mothra, as I associate that more with Rodan. I think you could get similar mechanics from a wing dust power though.

She’s definitely a tough one design-wise, as she’s typically a Godzilla ally in her film appearances, which limits her army potential. Opening the carry up to mediums does make sense. I’d probably lean away from Queen of the Monsters too. Or open it up to Huge figures, just to open up her army potential without limiting her to Godzilla armies. (That lets her team up with Kong, too!)
Old April 11th, 2021, 08:52 PM
Symbiotic

Strictly speaking, she's a Godzilla enemy just as often as an ally.

Totally okay with opening QotM up to all huge.

On the carry, I'm fine with friendlies of any size hitching a ride, but really dislike her using it on enemy medium figures. Doesn't feel right.

Fair point on Rodan doing the wind thing a bit more often. IMO it's still an iconic Mothra ability and anyone who doesn't think so should be Clockwork Oranged into watching Mothra over and over (great flick). But from a design perspective Rodan would definitely want that kind of thing and we should probably try to keep them out of each others' lanes.

EDIT: As a note on army-building stuff, I'd like to undershoot Godzilla's points here a hair. She's not generally packing the same level of power, and it'd be good if it were a little easier to tack stuff onto her builds, since she's got the larva form and all.

EDIT TWO: Spinning up some tweaks, hang on a tic.

Last edited by Ronin; April 11th, 2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old April 11th, 2021, 09:23 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model name is ???.

NAME = MOTHRA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = KAIJU
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ??

LIFE = 12

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = MANY

QUEEN OF THE MONSTERS
Add 1 to Mothra's Attack number for each huge figure on the battlefield that is wounded.

POISON SCALES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose two spaces Mothra passed over this turn. All figures within 1 space of a chosen space are affected by this special attack. After a huge figure rolls defense dice against this special attack, you may remove an Order Marker at random from that figure's card. You may only use this special attack once per round.

GUARDIAN MONSTER
After a figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces rolls defense dice against an enemy figure's normal attack, you may immediately move Mothra. After moving Mothra this way, you may choose a friendly figure or a huge enemy figure she passed over. Place the chosen figure adjacent to Mothra. It will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

STEALTH FLYING
When Mothra starts to fly, if she is engaged, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Take two.

Kept Queen of the Monsters but dropped the defense boost just to prevent stupid-big defense rolls dragging the game out. And since, y'know, she does die a lot.

Switched out the SA, and tried playing up the guardian role a little bit.
Old April 12th, 2021, 12:35 AM

I'd put her at about 560-580 there. Fairly solid Godzilla counterdraft and solid enough to take out squadscape armies and weaker mid-level hero armies. An efficient paper army or medium-sized heavy hitters close to her cost will probably handle her fairly well.

But, yeah, that's room to pair her with other figures, even if she ends up as high as 600 or so.

Edit: Actually, hitting 600 could make for a pretty sweet Mothra + King Kong v. Godzilla battle.

Old April 12th, 2021, 06:16 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

She looks like a lot of fun, this would be a figure I'd draft a lot. She could be devastating if you're running multiple huge figures or if you're against loads of squads. Really enjoy the changes, she's like a Kaiju Angel!

Going to have to hunt me done a Mothra figure. I played Godzilla: Save the Earth a lot when I was younger and all this Godzilla talk is bringing back some great memories.
Old April 12th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I dig that take.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy