Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 29th, 2007, 10:57 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
"Diverse" Armies

Taking two of the concepts off of the diversity thread, what armies would you build under either or both of these scenarios if you were playing in a tourney? 500 points per army for both scenarios.

1) "More the 50%" rule - if more than half of your army is the same as someone with a better record than you, you miss the cut.

2) 3 Army Tourney - Each participant has 3 armies for the tourney. The 3 armies may not include any of the same units.

These would be my choices:

1) Diverse army

Q9 - 180
Airborne Elite - 110
Kelda - 80
Syvarris - 100
Eldgrim - 30
Total = 500

I take a chance here of another Q9 + AE army, but I would think Q9 + Laglor is more common. Kelda replaces Raelin to heal Q9 and Syvarris and keeps me from getting knocked out by Q9 + Raelin.

2) Three armies

Q9 - 180
AE - 110
Raelin - 80
Krav - 100
Elgrim - 30
Total = 500

Braxas - 210
Kaemon Awa - 120
Marro Warriors - 50
Rats x3 - 120
Total - 500

Grimnak - 120
Heavy Gruts x3 - 210
Nerak - 50
Nakita Agents - 120

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
1) Diverse army

SoJx2 - 220
Concan - 80
Sir Gilbert - 105
KoW - 70
Dumutef - 25
TOTAL - 500

I know I know no range to speak of. But Gilbert can get both the SoJ and the KoW on the move in a hurry, and both of the defense to hold their own for a while. Concan boosts and can be used to fly in on an assassination/suicide mission if need be. The Dumutef just rounds things out, hopefully there are enough roads to make him stick around a few extra turns.

2) Three armies

Romans x2 - 100
Marcus - 100
4th massx2 - 140
Me-Burq-Sa - 50
Drake -110
TOTAL - 500

Krav - 100
Microcorpx2 - 200
Carr - 100
Realin - 80
TOTAL - 480

Q9 - 180
Charos - 210
Marro Warriors - 50
Izumi - 60
TOTAL - 500

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Diverse Army

Runa
3x Minions of Utgar
marro warriors
total: 500 points

You have a luck/threat factor with runa who is always fun, and then the real power comes from the minions of Utgar with thier incredible defense and deadly strike. The marro warriors add some speed and range to the group.

Three armies would include:

1) Q9
Kaemon Awa
Krug
rats x 2

2) Sudema
zombies x 4
shades of bleakewood

3) Laglor
blast x 2
glad x 2
krav maga agents

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old March 29th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
1. Diverse

Q9 = 180
Nilfheim = 185
Deathreavers x2 = 80
Marro Warriors = 50

I think other armies would often have 2 of these but not 3, keeping me within the 50% threshold.

2. Three armies:

A) Q9 - 180
Nakitas - 120
Raelin - 80
Deathreavers x 3 = 120

B) Charos - 210
4th Mass x4 - 280

C) Roman Legionnaires x3 = 150
Marcus = 100
Me-Burq-Sa = 50
Nilfheim = 185

To be fair I think these are all kind of boring, but they would get the job done.
Old March 29th, 2007, 03:20 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
1. Diverse

Q9 = 180
Nilfheim = 185
Deathreavers x2 = 80
Marro Warriors = 50

I think other armies would often have 2 of these but not 3, keeping me within the 50% threshold.
kenjib - I actually meant 50% of the points as opposed to 50% of the units, therefore if another army fielded Q9 + Rats x2 (260 pts) the 2 armies would be considered similar (50% of 500 = 250. I should call it the 250-point rule). However, 50% of the units is also an intriguing idea and much simpler than 50% of the points..... should it be more than half of the total figures on the board or more than half of the same army card? Hmmm....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 29th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Diverse Army

Krug - 120
Q9 - 180
Marro Drones x 4 - 200

Three Armies

A. Khosumet - 75
Anubians x 5 - 375
Dumutef x 2 - 50

B. Zombies x 5 - 300
Microcorps x 2 - 200

C. Sgt. Drake - 110
Subakna - 160
Zettians - 70
Theracus - 40
Venoc Warlord - 120

Old March 29th, 2007, 04:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Fun Stuff

Heres a diverse that would be pretty fun to play:

1 - Q9
1 - Saylind
1 - Marro Warriors
1 - Finn
1 - Airborne Elite
500 pts.

I think you could avoid the 3 of rule with this army as you do not have Raelin, Laglor, Krav, or Deathreavers which are all popular counterparts to Q9. This army still abuses Q9 and combined with Saylind you'll win many games based on that powerful combo alone.

Besides Q9 there are some neat tricks with this army. First off you can use Saylind as a beatstick with Finn and you can get some attacks of 4 and sometimes 5 if shes elevated. Not to mention with Saylind you can throw Finn on a Glyph and make him a forced target. Once Finn gets knocked off his Glyph he goes right onto the Marro Warriors.

The Airborne Elite round out things nicely. They make the army exactly 500 points and since you already have 4 cards to start with you can delay their drop to avoid troublesome turn marker decision making.

Changing up this army: You could also remove Marro Warriors and Finn and replace it with Kaemon Awa. It gives Saylind an additional 'good' target to summon to a high place.

Different Armys:

Massive Attack
4 x Mass
1 x Airborne Elite
1 x Marcus
490 Points

Swap outs: Airborne Elite and Marcus for Charos (spider poison version)

Up In Your Face
1 x Saylind
1 x Nilfheim
1 x Marro Warriors
1 x Major Q9
495 Points

Swap outs: None. This army is pretty scary enough as is.

Arrow Gruts
1 x Krug
1 x Raelin
4 x Swog Rider
5 x Arrow Gruts

Swap outs: If the starting zone spaces are limited simply replace a squad of arrow gruts with Eldgrim.

For the three army idea I have these armies listed. Ironically none of these include the Krav in them even though I love them so much.
Each of these armies are pretty competitve in my opinion so you really aren't giving up a lot.

Grenade lobbyist
Old April 6th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Mattsertruckrally,

with the massive attack, I like your army, I my only take 3 squads of the 4th, a squad of Romans to bond with Marcus at the end, and then pick guilty for more gun play at the end, just a thought, you can never go wrong with 4 MM in one army though

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion