Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 18th, 2017, 04:55 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2017

All is negotiable!
First you must quickly let me know if Saturday, 10/14, is not possible.
Alright, I've copied and pasted last year's info below - changing the date.
Let me know what you guys think about format - the good and the bad.
And please give us an idea of whether you plan on attending, can't make it or just don't know
Thanks!

Hello all diehard 'scapers,
Saturday, 10-14-2017, again at my apartment's rec. room at
14960 Sherman Way, Olive Tree Apartments, Van Nuys, 91405.
Hours are 8AM - 11PM. I was told that if necessary we may enter before 8AM.
I have enough tables/chairs for 14 games, so if more than 28 contestants sign-up we'll need more equipment.
Anyone wanting to stay for more gaming after the tournament is more than welcome!
There is a small kitchen for food prep. and storage.
There is a boys' restroom and a girls' restroom.
If you want alcohol, I suggest you wait until after the tournament and bring your own supply.
There is a good deal of parking (do not use the church parking @ Kester intersection) but try and carpool because there is a lot of competition for those spots.

Location: warriorneedsfoodbadly's clubhouse in Van Nuys (map)
Date: Saturday, 10/14
Time: 11:00 AM check-in, 12:00 PM begin play, tournament until 4:00 PM or 5:00 PM (no breaks for food, so bring lunch/snacks!), free play and pizza (not free) afterwards

Rules:
Format: swiss/simple, either 5 matches or 6 if more than 32 people, timed matches (see below), partial scoring, dual army play (see below)
Cost: $7 per contestant for prizes and rental of space.
Armies: 520pts, 24 spaces
May switch to a backup army once, if you have at least one loss, on your third or fourth match.
VC: allowed.
Marvel: not allowed
Glyphs: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37362
Power Glyphs/Treasure Glyphs:
Random Treasure Glyph pool:

Heroic Rune (+1 attack)
Brooch of Shielding (disengage)
Scarab of invunerability(temp)
Potion of Healing (temp)

Treasure Glyph Traps:

• If you roll a 1–5, you set off the trap. Leave the Treasure Glyph symbol-side
up, roll a battle die - a skull results in unblockable wound on attempting Hero.
• If you roll a 6 or higher, you did not set off the trap, and the figure that
landed on the Treasure Glyph now picks up the Treasure Glyph.

Random Power Glyph pool:

Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Glyph of Kelda (Healer)
Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1)

Must Bring: Your army; army cards; dice; order markers; wound markers; special markers if appropriate.
Can Bring: Snacks/drinks; a contribution to the prize table.

Thanks,
wnfb

New Restricted List
The restricted list is composed of two parts: primary units and filler units. Your army can contain no more than one restricted primary unit, and no more than one restricted filler unit. If a restricted primary unit is common or uncommon, your army may contain multiples of that unit, up to a maximum of 300 points. If a restricted filler unit is common or uncommon, and you want to take multiples of that unit, you must treat it as a restricted primary unit instead.

Restricted Primary Units:
  • Deathreavers (A+)
  • Major Q9 (A+)
  • Raelin - RotV (A+)
  • 4th Massachusetts Line (A)
  • 10th Regiment of Foot (A)
  • Blastatrons (A)
  • Cathar Spearmen (A)
  • Fen Hydra (A)
  • Grimnak (A)
  • Heavy Gruts (A)
  • Knights of Weston (A)
  • Krav Maga Agents (A)
  • Major Q10 (A)
  • Marro Stingers (A)
  • Nilfhiem (A)
  • Quahon (A)
  • Sir Gilbert (A)
  • Vulcanmech Incendiborgs (A)
  • Airborne Elite (A-)
  • Braxas (A-)
  • Cyprien Esenwein (A-)
  • Greenscale Warriors (A-)
  • Kaemon Awa (A-)
  • Krug (A-)
  • Roman Legionnaires (A-)
  • Zelrig (A-)
Restricted Filler List:
  • Isamu (A)
  • Marcu Esenwein (A)
  • Marro Warriors (A)
  • Black Wyrmling (A-)
  • Eldgrim (A-)
  • Me-Burq-Sa (A-)

Confirmed Maps and Makers
1. April – hivelord
2. Desecrated Mine – Leotheanimal87
3. Dance of the Dryads – Xotli
4. Stygian Rift – warriorneedsfoodbadly
5. Sirocco – Xotli
6. If you can't take the heat... – warriorneedsfoodbadly
7. Flash Fire – warriorneedsfoodbadly

YES
1. warriorneedsfoodbadly
2. Xotli
3. Quillon
4. the Smaller Animal
5. Leotheanimal87
6. michaeltaylor
7,8. hivelord and pop
9,10. Quillon crew (J + C)
11,12. Smaller Animal crew (W + W's brother M)

MAYBE
1. Detrimentalman

NO
1. S1R_ART0R1US
2. Quillon crew (D)
3. Quillon crew ancillary (C's dad)

Last edited by Xotli; October 13th, 2017 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Updated attendee list again
Old September 20th, 2017, 06:42 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2017

Count me in! Just need to get that day off from work, but it shouldn't be a problem

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old September 22nd, 2017, 01:45 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
First you must quickly let me know if Saturday, 10/21, is not possible.
Actually, we might have a conflict on that weekend (still checking). If we do, what are our possibilities for other dates? Will the weekend before or after work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:07 AM

I'll check availability of rec room.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 03:54 AM

I can do the weekend before too! It actually works better for me since I can save my vacation hours hahahaha Weekend after works as well too!

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:54 PM

Available are 10/14, 15, 21, 22, and 29.
Old September 24th, 2017, 12:15 AM

I vote 14th or 29th.

Old September 24th, 2017, 05:31 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Available are 10/14, 15, 21, 22, and 29.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
I vote 14th or 29th.
Okay, let me run those by the keeper of the schedule and see what the best one for us is.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:23 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
I vote 14th or 29th.
Actually, the 14th is pretty good for us. Failing that, the 21st is not terrible: The Mother(*) says we can make it work if we need to. But, especially if the 14th is better for Leo, maybe we should go with that one.

* For those that don't recall, "The Mother" is the mother of my children; nothing to do with my own mother.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
I vote 14th or 29th.
Actually, the 14th is pretty good for us. Failing that, the 21st is not terrible: The Mother(*) says we can make it work if we need to. But, especially if the 14th is better for Leo, maybe we should go with that one.

* For those that don't recall, "The Mother" is the mother of my children; nothing to do with my own mother.
Awesome! 14th would work perfect so I don't need to use vacation time! Hope we get a good turnout this year!

Old September 26th, 2017, 03:02 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Awesome! 14th would work perfect so I don't need to use vacation time! Hope we get a good turnout this year!
How about it, @warriorneedsfoodbadly : can we do the 14th? Though that does give us less than a month to put it all together ... but I think we can do it. Most likely.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 29th, 2017, 09:34 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saturdays in October are pretty booked for me this year. I'd be a maybe for the 21st and would for sure have to duck out right after the tourney part and the pops would be a no. Pretty sure I'm busy on the 14th during that exact time slot as well but I'll check. FWIW, my Sundays the 8th and 22nd are free and clear.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day