Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 9th, 2019, 05:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
What size base is it looking like this behemoth might use? I got the sculpt in the mail about a week ago, and I had absolutely no idea that it was so massive. The original base easily takes up three hexes.

The pictures really don't do it justice. The sculpt is pretty impressive, although I'm not sure how it'll fit on a normal base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Im gonna guess a Single, with loads of overhang.
Quote:
I was thinking that was likely, but I wasn't sure since the terrain at the base is so big. I guess that a double-spaced base wouldn't exactly fix that, though.
You're correct, it's a single. You'll need to remove the phoenix part from the white base and the little flamey things.

After that, it should work pretty well.

I'll go make a note of that in the Public Miniature Information thread.
Old February 9th, 2019, 06:01 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Here's what the figure looks like de-based (it's the one in the middle).
Old February 9th, 2019, 07:16 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

It looked like it would fit much nicer without the terrain at the base. It's nice to know that we won't need to leave that on. Thanks for clearing that up!

I can't say that I recognize the figure on the right in that picture, though.
Old February 9th, 2019, 07:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
It looked like it would fit much nicer without the terrain at the base. It's nice to know that we won't need to leave that on. Thanks for clearing that up!

That's the Pheonix figure from Safari LtD.

It's a beautiful (if huge) mini!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 9th, 2019, 07:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Quote:

Yep. There have been a few customs that use it. The problem with that mini is that its wings prevent it from being near any level 2 terrain (since they go down to the ground basically), and its tail basically blocks a third space. Way worse than Nilfheim or Quahon in terms of fitting on a real board.

This was the one picture I could find with the base removed, so that's what you all got I thought about cropping out the guy on the right since he's not an official or C3V mini, but it wasn't going to work that well.
Old February 9th, 2019, 07:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yep. There have been a few customs that use it. The problem with that mini is that its wings prevent it from being near any level 2 terrain (since they go down to the ground basically), and its tail basically blocks a third space. Way worse than Nilfheim or Quahon in terms of fitting on a real board.
Not a problem for personal customs though!

Onto C3V related-ness, is the mini easy to remove from it's crater like base? I can't tell if there is a peg in the bottom of the mini or if the whole thing is glued on. I guess acetone should nullify the glue, at least. And not kill the paint, since the mini is translucent.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 9th, 2019, 07:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

I don't have this mini. The picture is from @quozl , so maybe he can tell you how easy it is to remove. Or maybe Astro can tell you once he tries

Last edited by superfrog; February 9th, 2019 at 07:47 PM. Reason: and yeah, that other phoenix is amazing, I totally recommend it if you make your own customs
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:12 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah, so that's the pheonix that I've seen used in some personal customs before. I didn't think that C3V was using it, and I can faintly remember the tail being the reason.

I haven't tried taking the C3V/fire pheonix off of its base yet, but when I do get around to it I can share my experiences. I typically don't do a great job, though; I'm pretty sure that I accidentally cleaved off the foot of a couple of robots on similar bases before.
Old February 10th, 2019, 02:11 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't recall exactly as it's been a few years but I believe it just popped off and then I did some sanding to get the base flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2019, 01:28 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Does anyone have any future plans for the names from Thorum Journal?

P.S. Tyrian was in the journal and the Tyrian is like a echo of Atlaga.
Old February 12th, 2019, 01:32 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Does anyone have any future plans for the names from Thorum Journal?

P.S. Tyrian was in the journal and the Tyrian is like a echo of Atlaga.
Tyrian is already a C3V figure.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 12th, 2019, 01:41 AM

I believe that H101 was asking if there are any plans to make figures for other names in the journal, citing Tyrian as an example.

I can't speak for C3V, but to the best of my knowledge, none of the current SoV nominees are directly based off of a character in Thormun's Journal. It's also been a long time since I read it, though, so I don't remember much beyond the basics.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs