Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 22nd, 2015, 09:43 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Nothing affects special attacks. So yes.
I know nothing affects special attacks, but is it necessary to exclude them from the glyph's effects in the wording?
Not necessary. The Glyph of Lodin does not have such wording, and it has been ruled that it does not affect Poison Sting Special Attack.

It's been said that Braxas and Sudema could be overpowered with this TG in their possession, but I'm especially antsy about Cyprien using it, given how good he is with Treasure Glyphs on the battlefield to begin with.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 09:48 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

It wouldn't hurt to add it, IMO, as it's easy to forget. Few SAs have d20 powers.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 10:13 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
It's been said that Braxas and Sudema could be overpowered with this TG in their possession, but I'm especially antsy about Cyprien using it, given how good he is with Treasure Glyphs on the battlefield to begin with.
My initial thoughts were based on it being a regular glyph. But not only is it a Treasure Glyph, it's a Temporary one. So one shot. That doesn't scare me so much.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:39 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have used this TG with Cyprien a few times, and you'd be surprised at how often both dice flop on him. However, since Chilling Touch is still around a 50% chance of success power, it is admittedly one of the better ones for using the glyph. (But I'd still rather have him pick this up than a Def+1 or a Heal-3 TG).

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 23rd, 2015, 01:43 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I suspect Atlaga is the best user of the glyph, actually.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 11:36 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I suspect Atlaga is the best user of the glyph, actually.
Grimnak matches him in the right situation. Sudema is only a bit off the pace. Kee-Mo-Shi is not that far behind, and actually beats Sudema if the Mindshackled unit has as much value to you as it does to your opponent.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 11:51 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

This kinda assumes several things.
-The Treasure glyph is on the map
-The Treasure Pool includes this Glyph
-The right figure gets the glyph
-The Right figure is able to use the glyph.

I feel there is plenty of warning in any match-up that if this glyph falls into the wrong hands it could be bad. Same as any other treasure glyph. Healer for Q9/Nilf etc...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Well, sure, lots of assumptions.

Honestly, while I fully welcome the idea of SoV working on glyphs, playtesting a glyph is a much odder prospect. I mean, if a glyph is horribly, insanely unbalanced... then who really cares? We've already got plenty of those. It's not like any events allow players to bring their own glyphs.* TDs will make reasonable decisions, so all that really matters is (a) that the glyph is easy to understand and doesn't cause weird rules situations, and (b) that there is some scenario you can come up with where the glyph is fun. That second thing is obviously pretty subjective, but there it is.

*Well, I guess there was that one insane modular map event in the bay area one time. But by and large, no.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Or, to put it in another way: "Will this glyph add anything to the game? Is it something the original designers might have put out if they kept making glyphs?"

I intend to keep a high standard for reviewing glyphs, but a different standard than for reviewing units.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:27 PM

Yeah, I'm not really sure how to "review" a glyph yet. Balance really isn't important, as dok says (and there is plenty of precedent that shows that glyphs are not all equal). As superfrog said, it's really going to be a value-add question.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 03:01 PM

Kon-Tar-Na and Executioner 616 have passed United Fanscape review and move forward in the process.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 03:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

On the subject of glyph testing perhaps you should give IamBatman a shout out. C3G has some experience in custom glyphs. Personally I cannot remember one coming up that was not directly linked to figure design during my tenor.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs