Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
GSWs certainly aren't a fan of this guy.
Actually, he works great with Greenscales (not so great without them). Since he takes his turn first with bonding he can fly away from the Greenies and into enemy lines, burst the area, and then the Greenscales move in and mop up or tie down what survived.

Quote:
Does he use a double base or single base?
Single large base. The figure isn't all that big.
Old April 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
GSWs certainly aren't a fan of this guy.
Actually, he works great with Greenscales (not so great without them). Since he takes his turn first with bonding he can fly away from the Greenies and into enemy lines, burst the area, and then the Greenscales move in and mop up or tie down what survived.
Realized that after I posted.
Quote:
Quote:
Does he use a double base or single base?
Single large base. The figure isn't all that big.
Moltenclawish?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old April 5th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Moltenclawish?
A bit smaller. I have pics of him in the gallery, but am unable to access them.
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I vote NO to review the Marro Elite by flameslayer93.

Laertan Oresun by Son of Arathorn has received 5 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, qt.bangerang, Scytale, Super Bogue, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

Threforian Raptors by Fi Skirata have received 5 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, qt.bangerang, Scytale, Super Bogue, ZBeeblebrox) and are removed from the process.

Marro Elite by flameslayer93 have received 4 NO votes to review (Killometer, qt.bangerang, Scytale, Super Bogue) and are removed from the process.

Sigrid Ironwill by IshMEL has received 4 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, qt.bamgerang, Scytale, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

Old April 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am curious, how well is this project progressing? 13 designs under review and only one has any votes. I know you guys are busy with C3V so I am just wondering. There are so many good customs out there and more and more being made every day seems to be creating quite a backlog. Have you thought about opening up playtests to more people to lessen up your workload?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM

We've recently gone through an internal restructuring, so testing was largely put on hold while we worked out the details. We've come out more efficient and the ball's rollling again on getting tests in and reviews out. Have no fear!

Old April 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Thanks Killometer. You guys have a lot on your plate between SoV and C3V,
good luck!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:02 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know if I like the choice of dragon for Valkrill...I have my own preconceived thoughts on his units...but I think it is a solid custom, and I like the use of markers for the special attack.

I vote Yes to review Scytale's Brimstone.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Well I made the decision to use the Warforged Captain figure for him which I am told is considerably more available.

Basically it should be considered a repaint similar to Sir Hawthorne.

That should solve the availability, formatting and poor quality issues I hope.

Balance-So far with the the rework of the Fatigue ability 120 seems about right he's fluctuated from 100-120 throughout the playtesting so far though.
Playability-Are the powers clear and understandable? Are its master stats appropriate? If it is Large or Huge, what type of base does it use? Is it visually distinct from pre-existing units? - Stats seem standard for a Warforged, health is about equivalent with the other WF heros and the reduction in defense while in Rage has not seemed to make him overly fragile what with the WF Resolve. Fatigue has been through several wording changes the current set has not presented a problem in comprehension for those in F3G and among my friends that have read it. It's actually Krysto2002's own suggestion as a matter of fact.
Creativity-Does it add something new to the game? - I have had a lot of fun using the Rage ability myself, a little bit of a rework of Siege's power but it's thematic in comparison to Barbarian's from actual D&D.
Theme-Works well with the Warforged as they are, have playtested him with multiple combinations, e.g. paired with Heirloom vs. Siege.
Accessibility-Link is above.

For fatigue markers I have just been using the black round markers that already come with classic scape, from the Rise of the Valkryie Master Set.

So I am back with Rorshack 4.0 above I quoted my original submission. He's gone through a lot of work since he last was here and is currently only one thumbs up away from approval by the CHCG24 so I figured it was time to run him buy you guys again.

Balance-
I will quote the BIV here since he gave a pretty good explanation of the balance of the figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Finding a figure to compare him to is kind of difficult. I settled on Eltahale, though.

They can both gain a 6 attack with their specials (him with Rage, her with Thunder Step).

She can attack multiple figs with Thunder Ram, while he is more effective vs. heroes with Roar.

She moves 6 all the time, while he moves 5 (without Rage) or 7 (with Rage activated).

She has 4 defense (all the time) while he has 4.5 defense (without Rage) or 2.5 (with Rage).

All of that has them about even, but then she has 6 life to his 5 and costs 140 to his 175. That tells me he's a little overpriced. I'd probably drop him to 150...
Which I did.

Playability-Are the powers clear and understandable? Are its master stats appropriate? If it is Large or Huge, what type of base does it use? Is it visually distinct from pre-existing units? - Stats seem standard for a Warforged, health is about equivalent with the other WF heros and the reduction in defense while in Rage has not seemed to make him overly fragile what with the WF Resolve. Removed Fatigue in favor of Roar of Triumph since I was informed that most Heroscape Barbarians are based off of D&D 4.0 as opposed to 3.5 and there is no fatigue in 4.0 but Roar of Triumph is one of the 4.0 Barbarians powers.
Creativity-Does it add something new to the game? - I have had a lot of fun using the Rage ability myself, a little bit of a rework of Siege's power but it's thematic in comparison to Barbarian's from actual D&D. Roar of Triumph gives him some potential to be a fun counter to heros making up for his lack of defense while raging.
Theme-Works well with the Warforged as they are, have playtested him with multiple combinations, e.g. paired with Heirloom vs. Siege. The concept of Rage coupled with Roar of Triumph seems rather thematic to me because of the fact that I can totally see him letting out a bloodcurdling roar after defeating an opponent and making his opponents shake in their boots.
Accessibility-
Warforged Captain
Unfortunately availability has gone down some since I last submitted fingers crossed it hasn't gone down too far...

Here is the card:

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; April 9th, 2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Minor typo fix on the card
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

I've admired Brimstone ever since I first saw him posted in Scytale's thread. I'm not a huge fan of specials which rely on markers; but in this case, it seems elegant and intuitive. I love the decision-making forced by his Blast special too.
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I give Brimstone and Rorshack s to review. At first glance I am not in favor of reusing the Warforged Captain scuplt, but we do have the precedent of Sir Hawthorne for using a common scuplt for a unique hero.
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There is also Samuel Brown and Agent Skahen. Basically it somewhat similar to a repaint in this context.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs