Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
If we design multiple characters from the same series, we could also sub-group them based on that series.

In addition, characters from movies or television based on literature should be in the literature section.
I don't know about that. Often the characters from movies are nothing like the characters from the book. Take VanHelsing for example. The only resemblance of Hugh Jackman's character to Bram Stoker's character is that they both hunted Dracula.

Some leeway is fine but if the characters are totally dissimilar (as in the above example) I think we should keep them separate.

Just my
</IMG>
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
If we design multiple characters from the same series, we could also sub-group them based on that series.

In addition, characters from movies or television based on literature should be in the literature section.
Part 1 - Yes.
Part 2 - Maybe. I think it will depend on where the designer is getting their inspiration. Characters can change drastically from one medium to the next. Movies often merge multiple characters into one or add a snazzy new ability not found in the book.

OOF! Lamaclown ninja's are painful!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:31 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

I was thinking more about series like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, where the movie is more heavily based on the books, but I see your point.

P.S. How would the selection process work? Would the designer choose a figure to design, design the figure, and then post it for critique, or would the supporters vote on a figure, brainstrom ideas, and have the designer take the brainstorming ideas and create a cohesive card based on them.

Last edited by machinekng; July 14th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Im open to suggestions for change. So if its ok with you, can i go ahead and post it for review and then you can skip me in the 1st rotation?
Let's get a couple more things hashed out before we start the process. We're all excited.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:43 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Maybe to start we should create a list of characters. If just to start the brainstorming process.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I really don't want to limit what can and can't be made. Since we're leaning towards putting these customs on Vahalla cards, I see nothing wrong with reinventing Star Wars or Comic Book characters if someone is so inclined.

As far as grouping is concerned, I don't think that's anything we really need to get hung up on. We could have the same custom in multiple sections. For instance, Gandalf could go in the Movie section and the Literature section.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Maybe to start we should create a list of characters. If just to start the brainstorming process.
It's going to be up to the designer to decide which character to create. Perhaps the best option is to post the character that you want to create first and let everyone give their opinion. After that, the designer can pick what he likes from the suggestions and post a card. It would a bit different from most of the other projects and I think it would work.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
P.S. How would the selection process work? Would the designer choose a figure to design, design the figure, and then post it for critique, or would the supporters vote on a figure, brainstrom ideas, and have the designer take the brainstorming ideas and create a cohesive card based on them.
Designer chooses a figure to design, brainstorm ideas, designer takes brainstorming ideas and creates a cohesive card.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Designer chooses a figure to design, brainstorm ideas, designer takes brainstorming ideas and creates a cohesive card.
That's in interesting twist.
So when we present a character, we give a short bio and maybe some links for more info and then maybe give the group an idea where you'd like to go with the design but not present stats and abilities. Sound right?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM

Sounds good. We can probaly use wikipedia for info.
Old July 14th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I would be interested in doing a character. Possibilities I'm interested in: The Kids from the D&D cartoon, Spellsinger, Papa Smurf

Old July 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM

Another question. If asupporter doesn't have the time to make a card when his postion in the rotation comes up, could he pass, or delay his turn?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum