Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 26th, 2019, 12:25 PM

Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker
Let's talk Glyphs

Our games usually only use the most basic glyphs to add initiative, power, defense or moving. I'd like to know your guys "go-to" glyphs are? Are there certain types of games where the artifact glyphs are fun to use? Are the glyph cards worth keeping? I have a random assortment of cards and glyphs from aquiring some sets and selling off others. Do you always keep extras of a certain glyph? Are some more rare than others?

Thanks much!
Old January 26th, 2019, 02:39 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Let's talk Glyphs

Those basic glyphs are definitely the meat of the glyph world, in my head at least. I would lump Wannok in there as well, since it feels powerful enough to draw action to it but doesn't seem broken (and I've seen it in pretty much every tournament I've played in).

Right now I have a big glyph pool that I've been drawing from for all my games, and it has worked pretty nicely. Orlend (Intercept order), Crevcor (Common Attack), Ulaniva (Unique Attack), Wannok, Mitonsoul , Valda, Dagmar, Erland (Summoning), Gerda, Lodin (d20 +1), and Proftaka (Pit Trap) .

While Crevcor can be OP, and Erland can be, too, I think this is generally a good pool for non-competitive play. Having Mitonsoul and Proftaka in the mix is fun, too, even though both of those are pretty annoying in reality.

As far as keeping the cards, I don't see why it would be worth getting rid of them. It's definitely worth printing out this sheet that @Nomad made, which covers the abilities of all the classic glyphs as well as the ones made by C3V. While I haven't defaced any of my official glyphs, Holdir and Lorja are both really nice (I think Lorja is unofficial, but I could be wrong about that now that I think about it).

In the end, whatever glyphs you want to play with are probably the ones you should.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion