Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 18th, 2024, 02:10 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Is there a thread that lists all the C3V Waves and other C3V releases all in one place? That is current? If so, can it be linked in one of these threads that say "Important C3V Threads"? Or stickied?

~Z

The "book of" has a complete list of C3V and SOV combined.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=33402

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 9th, 2024, 06:47 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

There is figure which have different version as Horgnak, Raelin, Sg Drake. But thy are really different army card with different effect/stats but same general.

Is it a place of design that you considered to explore to create an unit which have multiple army card but folowing different general on each ?
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:27 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There is certainly design space for characters to switch generals for any number of reasons. We're seeing it with AoA right now with their version of Raelin. We can keep that design space in mind in the future. Thanks for the idea.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 11th, 2024, 12:04 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Resolved!

Last edited by Knox; April 12th, 2024 at 01:42 PM.
Old April 15th, 2024, 06:56 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hello there! I'm taking a look around after been gone about 10+yrs. I have two questions to help find what might interest me.

Q1) Is there a list of customs that use mini's which are still in print? Finding figures that are readily available for cheap is half the battle.

Q2) Since the inception of C3V/SoV are there any particular customs that use direct synergy to increase the playability of lower power ranking units into higher power rankings? I have a lot of classic figures that would love to see more play.

TIA.
Old April 16th, 2024, 08:09 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Q1) Is there a list of customs that use mini's which are still in print? Finding figures that are readily available for cheap is half the battle.
Not as far as I know. It would be a good resource, but one that would be tough for someone to keep updating as things go out of print.

Quote:
Q2) Since the inception of C3V/SoV are there any particular customs that use direct synergy to increase the playability of lower power ranking units into higher power rankings? I have a lot of classic figures that would love to see more play.
There are more than a few units like that. The Dreadgul Raiders and Omegacron, off the top of my head.
Old April 16th, 2024, 09:04 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hello there! I'm taking a look around after been gone about 10+yrs.
Wow, long time! Good to see you back!

-insert signature here-
Old April 16th, 2024, 09:23 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Hello there! I'm taking a look around after been gone about 10+yrs. I have two questions to help find what might interest me.

TIA.
Delta Pricing (a restructuring of the cost of units) has helped make some of the more challenging units more playable as well. We use Delta pricing in all of our tournaments.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 17th, 2024, 12:51 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Quote:

TIA.
Delta Pricing (a restructuring of the cost of units) has helped make some of the more challenging units more playable as well. We use Delta pricing in all of our tournaments.
Yes, Delta is doing some interesting things. It's a noble cause. However, some problems cannot be solved by points alone.

So far I see two other fronts to pursue.
1) Format
2) Custom Units

This isn't the forum for #1 but it appears to be the right place for #2.

Before I jump to conclusions, I need to review the years of good work this group has already completed.

I started looking into the books here. Unfortunately the first few that caught my eye had a half dozen links to out of stock sources. Someone said there is a listing of 3d printer files online. I haven't found it and need to begin looking into printers.

That said, if every new interested player who wants to catch up after the Renegade releases it might be rather daunting to have to choose between paying for rarity or becoming a custom 3d print expert. lol.

Hence the relevance of the first question, "Is there a quick reference list of in-print minis?" I wasn't expecting much becuase the very idea is a challenge to keep updated. It was worth checking before investing the effort though. I'm sure I won't be the only person to ask the same question this year.

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Wow, long time! Good to see you back!
Hi NYYS! Nice to see a familiar handle. Like I said, I'm just poking my head in right now. Not sure if I want to jump "all in" again yet. These things tend to grow on person though.
Old April 18th, 2024, 08:11 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

TIA.
I see you've already received several good answers, but I think it's worth mentioning the Public Miniature Information Thread as a partial solution to the availability issue you're facing. If you're willing to wait for some of the units to be released, you can just peruse the most recent page or two for an easy way to find sculpts that are still in print.

Also, I'd like to name Master Lao Xin, Crypt Guardian, Zettian Infantry, and Tomoe Gozen in response to your second question.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs