Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 6th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
2) I think some folks are/were making the mistake of interpreting based on theme, not the mechanics themselves. It's always good to look at mechanics first, then interpret how it shows theme later (fwiw, if you get knocked hard into a body of water deep enough to stop your easy movement, you're probably going to have breathing trouble for a bit, and might sustain "damage").
Doesn't water change the mechanic of falling damage?
Old December 6th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yes, but that was written into the original rules and related to falling damage specifically.

So for this situation with KB, wouldn't it have to be added to the rules for KB to be applied to KB? That's if it is desired to act like water is to falling damage.

KB and falling damage are different, as there are specific provisions for each in each, such as various heights fallen from and superstrength for falling damage rules, and getting KB into other figures, elevation changes etc. for KB rules.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 6th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yes, but that was written into the original rules and related to falling damage specifically.

So for this situation with KB, wouldn't it have to be added to the rules for KB to be applied to KB? That's if it is desired to act like water is to falling damage.

KB and falling damage are different, as there are specific provisions for each in each, such as various heights fallen from and superstrength for falling damage rules, and getting KB into other figures, elevation changes etc. for KB rules.
My point was only that water has changed a mechanic officially before. I ultimately don't care and am not asking for a change because we always play what makes sense to us. We add in @Grishnakh 's ITF rules sometimes also, so we are pretty fluid with our rules.
Old December 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

My point was only that water has changed a mechanic officially before. I ultimately don't care and am not asking for a change because we always play what makes sense to us. We add in @Grishnakh 's ITF rules sometimes also, so we are pretty fluid with our rules.
Yeah, makes sense G-O.

Old December 7th, 2014, 01:09 AM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
After reading all this:

1) I concur with the ruling. Since water stops movement, if you are supposed to be KB'd 3 spaces and space 2 lands you in water, you would roll for KB damage.

2) House rule it if you would prefer the have the figure skip like a stone over adjacent water spaces.

3) I thought we were not using optional knockback rules in playtests.
I've only done a few it will not happen again. I didn't know. I would play with Knock Back because I tried a lava map, and for me it actually gives a good reason(to me) for the card to have super strength.

Also if someone could clear this up for me this is what started this. 1 if a figure was Knocked Back 1 space and there was nothing in its way the player receivers no damage.(but would you roll for disengagement) 2 if your figure gets knocked into another figure they both receive Knock Back damage? 3 you can only get Knock Back Damage if you Can't move the whole amount of your. Knock Back?

Old December 7th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Quote:
After reading all this:

1) I concur with the ruling. Since water stops movement, if you are supposed to be KB'd 3 spaces and space 2 lands you in water, you would roll for KB damage.

2) House rule it if you would prefer the have the figure skip like a stone over adjacent water spaces.

I've only done a few it will not happen again. I didn't know. I would play with Knock Back because I tried a lava map, and for me it actually gives a good reason(to me) for the card to have super strength.
The ruling is if you use a special rule for part of a playtest, use it for the whole thing.
Old December 7th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
After reading all this:

Also if someone could clear this up for me this is what started this. 1 if a figure was Knocked Back 1 space and there was nothing in its way the player receivers no damage.(but would you roll for disengagement) 2 if your figure gets knocked into another figure they both receive Knock Back damage? 3 you can only get Knock Back Damage if you Can't move the whole amount of your. Knock Back?
1. Correct. If the figure can move the required spaces, there is no roll for Knockback damage.
2. If the movement is prevented, roll one unblockable die against each figure.
3. Figures moved by Knockback do not take any leaving engagement attacks (that's written in the Movement section).

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 7th, 2014, 11:07 AM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
After reading all this:

1. Correct. If the figure can move the required spaces, there is no roll for Knockback damage.
3. Figures moved by Knockback do not take any leaving engagement attacks (that's written in the Movement section).
Ok thanks, so did the core of this group decide if you fly across water or do you stop and take damage. Like you have said the rules would say yes because of stop of movement. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help.

Old December 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
After reading all this:

Ok thanks, so did the core of this group decide if you fly across water or do you stop and take damage. Like you have said the rules would say yes because of stop of movement. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help.
The ruling is it stops your movement, so if it preemptively ends your KB movement you roll for KB damage.
Old December 7th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
2) I think some folks are/were making the mistake of interpreting based on theme, not the mechanics themselves. It's always good to look at mechanics first, then interpret how it shows theme later (fwiw, if you get knocked hard into a body of water deep enough to stop your easy movement, you're probably going to have breathing trouble for a bit, and might sustain "damage").
Water interacts with falling damage in a specific way outlined in those rules, yes. And it interacts differently in these ones.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Water interacts with falling damage in a specific way outlined in those rules, yes. And it interacts differently in these ones.
"These ones" ?

For reals?

Old December 7th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

These optional knockback rules, yes .... Not sure I follow what you're saying, Hambone.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library