Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 8th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
TV Show: Eli Stone

Anyone else sticking around on ABC after Lost to watch this? I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes so far.

The reason I watched the pilot was because of Jonny Lee Miller, good actor IMO. I love the movie Hackers and really enjoyed Mindhunters.

I think its a pretty clever show, I like that they gave his hallucinations 2 explanations, one scientific and one religious. I leaves it open to 2 interpretations of what is actually going on, either he's actually working for God and is a prophet, or its just the way he's interpreting his hallucinations that is making him change his life.

Good show. Can't wait to see more.
Old February 8th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's a little Ezekial McBeal ... but at least he doesn't win his cases on crazy courtroom stunting and actually lost one of his early cases already. I think it's OK, they're walking a fine line of sentimentality, but have managed to avoid crossing it much better than most of what you see on network TV these days.
Plus they have actual new episodes and it's not reality TV, two things which make it worth watching in the weeks to come, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
I really enjoyed the first episode. It felt fresh, had a quirkiness I enjoyed. The dialog was well written and presented a story that held my interest. The show created characters that were engaging and I could come to appreciate.

I was much less satisfied with the second. I see this show devolving into a platform for every social and liberal cause out there. It is definately anti-business. All you have to do is look at the first two cases he took to court (Little boy vs. Evil Pharmeceutical, Poor Immigrant vs Corporate Farmers). I have a feeling that after next weeks "war" episode I won't be watching it anymore.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with a show expressing social problems and dealing with civil concerns from a progressive (read: liberal) perspective. However, when a program makes such blatent attempts to forge the lines between "good" and "evil" without any shadings of gray then it is not dealing honestly with the issues. I would much prefer a "West Wing" approach (at lest in the first 3 to 4 seasons) where Aaron Sorkin wrote engaging stories that dealt honestly with both sides of the issue. In "Eli Stone" there is not even an honest veiled attempt to deal with the other side of the issues they portray. The show simply bulldozes the writers views into you consciousness without trying to present the other side as anything other than vile conglomerate of anti-humanist interests.

All businesses are not bad, all autistic children aren't the victim of drugs, and all illegal immigrants do not deserve a second bite at the American apple because they have had some hardship crossing the border and can remember a few historical facts. (NOTE: It is not my attempt to start a flame war, but simply an expression of the failings of what could be an excellent program. This analysis is, however, clearly made through the prism of my own political views.)

This show needs more than the gimmick of George Michael songs and visions of the obscure leading Eli to the Holy Grail of enlightenment each week.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old February 8th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!
I would have to say that my wife and I really like this show so far.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old February 8th, 2008, 03:11 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
I know that Marc Guggenhiem wrote the first episode, and is a writer on the show. He writes for Marvel comics (Wolverine, Spider-Man) and was a writer on The Practice.

So there is potential.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have been getting into this show and really like it! I like all the small funny bit of his Brain aneurysm!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: TV Show: Eli Stone

So the season finale was on last night, did anyone follow this show all the way through?

I really really enjoyed it. The girlfriend was bawling her eyes out during the finale. I hope they get picked up for a full season in the fall, although if they don't the way it ended was pretty good for a series a finale.
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Somehow, the fact that Buddy Lee is offended by the show speaks in its favor.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
Somehow, the fact that Buddy Lee is offended by the show speaks in its favor.
You are in error, sir.

I never said I was offended. I simply pointed out some faults with the show. Faults I thought could easily be corrected by taking an honest look at the broad spectrum of our society. I did watch most of the episodes, though not all. Admittedly there were somethings that I found annoying to my conservative sensibilities, but there was enough in the show to draw my attention (Sil for example).

The show, IMHO, never dealt honestly with the conservative view. Even those episodes that presented a more conservative case continued to portray it through the lense of liberalism. That combined with the pot-shots at Bush and Cheney made the left-wing views of the writers clear.

I am more disappointed that a show that I saw having such promise was so badly bungled by brow-beating "progressive" thought in its execution. I do not believe it will return in the future.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post
I do not believe it will return in the future.
From unofficial sources, I've read that it will be picked up for a second season. Woot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV