Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:19 PM

Odysseus has disabled reputation
Attacks and specials

Ok i'm a little fuzzy on this and forgive me if the answer is in plain sight. If so you can call me n00b

BUT

When using specials do you factor in height advantages attack / defense modifiers?

Ex:
Deadeye Dan. Can I roll 2 dice that are unblockable?
What about Deathwalker 9000 and the explosion special attack?

--= Signature Beta v0.1 =--
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:22 PM

sigmazero13 has disabled reputation
It depends on the ability and the attack.

If the ability says "special attack" as part of the title, or the ability text, then it cannot use any modifiers. Things like Rapid Fire, Explosion, etc, say Special Attack. Thus, you must use EXACTLY the number of dice mentioned, no more, no less.

If the ability does not say Special Attack, then IF you are making an attack, then you can modify them. However, if you are rolling the d20, or are rolling attack dice for anything other than an attack (ie, passing swipes don't count as attacks), you don't get extra dice for these. Deadeye Dan cannot roll 2 d20's, for example.

I hope this helps
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:15 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Attacks and specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus
When using specials do you factor in height advantages attack / defense modifiers?

Just to clarify sigmazero13's above answer:

When attacking with an ability that reads SPECIAL ATTACK this attack may never be modified and must be used as it reads only. However, all defense modifiers Abilities, Height, Glyphs and/or Auras may be taken into account when defending such an attack.

Deadeye Dan. Can I roll 2 dice that are unblockable? No, only one die Special Attack.

What about Deathwalker 9000 and the explosion special attack? Always and forever the three dice Special Attack.

You Noob.

Well, you said I could and the answer is now in plain sight ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:34 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I know how you feel-this has confused me before but now i get it and can get on with playing the game properly!
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:45 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
I think what he is asking is can Dan use both rifle abilities in the same turn marker.
In other words special ability/special attack.

Two examples I have posed before:
Mimring flying/fireline = special ability/special attack
Murphy whip/shotgun blast = special ability/special attack

Both are examples of using an ability and special attack in the same turn, I don't see why Dan would be any different.

NEVERMIND I just reread original post...whos the NOOB now...
I was distracted by the Stormtrooper
Old May 30th, 2006, 10:26 AM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
Although you can't, the game would be way too cheap if you could factor in height advantages, glyphs, Taelord, or Finn.

Think of it this way...

Say you have a Mimring, Finn adjacent, a height advantage, Taelord within LOS, and an attack +1 glyph.

That's 8 attack that could possible take out all 8 spaces ahead of him in one attack.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old May 30th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPrime
I think what he is asking is can Dan use both rifle abilities in the same turn marker.

Both are examples of using an ability and special attack in the same turn, I don't see why Dan would be any different.

If someone decides to use Sharpshooter special ability, they forgo their normal or special attack:

Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack
Range 10. Attack 1.
Choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure to attack. The chosen figure cannot roll defense dice when attacked by Deadeye Dan's Ulllar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack. Deadeye Dan may not use this special attack if he moved this turn.

Sharpshooter
Instead of attacking, you may choose any non-adjacent figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Deadeye Dan. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or 20, the chosen figure is destroyed. If you roll a 1-18, you missed. Deadeye Dan may not use this special power if he moved this turn.
Old May 30th, 2006, 11:01 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:

If someone decides to use Sharpshooter special ability, they forgo their normal or special attack:

Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack
Range 10. Attack 1.
Choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure to attack. The chosen figure cannot roll defense dice when attacked by Deadeye Dan's Ulllar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack. Deadeye Dan may not use this special attack if he moved this turn.

Sharpshooter
Instead of attacking, you may choose any non-adjacent figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Deadeye Dan. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or 20, the chosen figure is destroyed. If you roll a 1-18, you missed. Deadeye Dan may not use this special power if he moved this turn.
Ahh, just like Braxas...INSTEAD OF ATTACKING....got it.
Old May 30th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:

Ahh, just like Braxas...INSTEAD OF ATTACKING....got it.
I soooo want to Sharpshoot a big hero. One guy in Truth's gaming group lost his Nilfheim to a well-placed bullet from an opponent's Deadeye.

Here: http://www.screamingtruth.com/
Old July 30th, 2006, 08:59 AM

minotaur35 has disabled reputation
WE have interpreted that specials are only attacks with clear numbers in the specials. things like syvanis' double attack have no number so we modify with height, glyphs etc maybe this is wrong but I havent seen to many unbalance issues yet.
Old July 30th, 2006, 12:12 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
You are doing 2 normal attacks with Syvarris so both attacks get any modifiers. That is the correct way to play. Special attacks say special attack in the title.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's