Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 18th, 2006, 11:12 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
Thanks, Lilnewbie.

I didn't know we had a ruling on that.

Based on that ruling with Major/Carr, I would come to the same conclusion about moving through a friendly figure, unegnaged, on a glyph.

Oh well! that illegal move basically won the game for GB, DFS, and myself.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Looks like you can't move through a figure on a glyph for the same reason since you must stop when moving onto a glyph.
I am going to have to agree with that statement, I think its in the second edition rulebook...not 100% sure though.

Edit- Okay, it isn't there. I just checked the PDF that I have on my site...but I still have to agree with LilNewbie.
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:09 AM

morgonis has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean
How about some basic movement clarifications?

Things even the most veteran of players forget or interpreted wrong in the first place

Both of these pertain to two hex figures

1.) A non flying double-spaced figure doesn't have to stop in a single hex of water. They can move across a single hex wide river without stopping. The catch is, they still have to count the down into the water (assuming the water is lower than current level) and the up onto the bank on the other side. The double-spaced figure doesn’t just hop or jump the water without accounting for the normal ups and down of terrain. read the water rules a little more carefully, the double space figure is not forced to stop because in essence it is stepping OVER the creek, ie: it is in fact NOT stepping INTO the water, and then climbing out of it, it is stepping OVER the water, i mean hell, if it was stepping INTO the water it would have to stop.....which is exactly what the rules state if the double-spaced figure steps INTO 2 hexs of water.

2.) General moving double hexed figures: The rules are very straight forward and simple here, though so many get it wrong especially at the end of the move. When moving a double-spaced figure, decide which end to lead with. (front end or back end) Then move the figure so that the other end follows the same spaces that the leading end just left. I can't tell you how many times I have seen the little waddle move at the end of a double-spaced figure’s move; everything is going along fine with the move and then at the end the player rotates the following end to a space that the front end did not pass through during their movement. The rules are so simple: Pick an end that leads, the other end follows. You can’t flip or slide or pivot at the end to get the proper resting spot. (same level) If the lead end didn’t move through that space, then the following end cannot come to a rest on it.

I have pointed these two things out time and time again in all the gaming circles I play in and I have been accused of rules lawyering for doing so.

In this game, EVERY hex counts and an illegal waddle or pivot or not counting the down and up when moving through water can make a huge difference in the result of the game.

as for the waddeling at the end of a double-spaced figures move, our circle doesnt allow that either, its stated pretty clearly in the rules after all lol
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
However I do believe reading that a figure must either walk all of its movement, or fly all of its movement.
hmm, i don't recall reading this anywhere.

the wording of the Flying SP doesn't say this. nothing in the rule book does either. and i checked the FAQ here and on Hasbro's site - nothing.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM

sigmazero13 has disabled reputation
I don't know if that question was officially answered. I can't remember if anyone has posed the question to Chris at Hasbro yet, though? If not, maybe someone should (and I'd be more than happy to volunteer).
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM

maxdemian30 has disabled reputation
[quote="GaryLASQ"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
However I do believe reading that a figure must either walk all of its movement, or fly all of its movement.
I think you are recalling a rule from D&D Minis, not HS. In HS nothing prevents you from walking and flying in the same turn, since both use the same Move stat.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh,
everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here,
now, thank you. How are you?
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:33 PM

morgonis has disabled reputation
the more important question i have about the flying/walking question is as follows...

describe to me a situation where walking and flying on the same movement would be more beneficial then sticking to just one of the other. mainly looking for situations where this would be a issue, otherwise who cares lol
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgonis
the more important question i have about the flying/walking question is as follows...

describe to me a situation where walking and flying on the same movement would be more beneficial then sticking to just one of the other. mainly looking for situations where this would be a issue, otherwise who cares lol
The glyph that stops flying with a flying figure on it. You would need to walk off of it, but do you have to continue walking? If you do, then you can't get as far away unless its flat terrain.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:42 PM

And, arguably, Hasbro could design a future miniature with a special ability that affects flying, but not waking creatures.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:58 PM

Odysseus has disabled reputation
FYI this is probably the most informative thread I have read so far. I've been played through about 10 battles now and learned 3 new things about the rules.

You guys rock.

(And yes I am a rules nazi, it's habit from my years playing M:tG)

--= Signature Beta v0.1 =--
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:12 PM

Hey Odysseus, nice avatar.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM

Odysseus has disabled reputation
I noticed that

You too

--= Signature Beta v0.1 =--