Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Stat Spread should be used?
EagleOne's! 0 0%
Gold1's! 3 10.00%
NecroBlade's! 5 16.67%
Messenger's! 3 10.00%
Xn F M's! 6 20.00%
ZBeeblebrox's! 4 13.33%
GeneralGrievous13's! 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 19th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 6 - Abilities Discussion

10 Paces
After taking a turn with ____, you may move any two lawmen within 6 clear sight spaces of ____ and attack with one of them.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:09 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Once you start letting your imagination run, there are lots of possibilities. How about a Dirty Harry lawman?

.44 Magnum Special Attack - Range 4. Attack 4. Dirty Harry may use this attack in conjunction with "Feeling Lucky Punk?".

Feeling Lucky Punk? - If Dirty Harry causes a wound with his attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11-20, Dirty Harry may attack again. For each lawman adjacent to Dirty Harry, you may add two to your 20-sided die roll.

This could be interesting because it makes the other lawmen cheerleaders for Dirty Harry.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:51 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Quickdraw
When Hero is targeted by a normal non-adjacent attack, roll one combat die. If a skull is rolled treat this as one unblockable wound on the targeting figure. If the targeting figure is destroyed, remove it from the game before it attacks.

Cover Fire
If Hero inflicts one or more wounds on an opponent’s figure, you may move one Lawman you control who is within 8 clear sight spaces of Hero up to 4 spaces. You cannot use Cover Fire to move Hero.

The Quick and the Dead
When Hero is destroyed you may move any unrevealed order markers on this card to any Lawman you control.

There's some wicked synergy working with these powers. You are able to mobilize your lawmen whether he's attacking or defending with Quickdraw.

I went with a special ability for my Quickdraw; it's a combination of Smoke Powder and Counterstrike with a little Deadeye Dan thrown in. It still allows for defense rolls without being too confusing (I hope).

Cover Fire mirrors Agent Skahen pretty closely. It's modified a little so that it works with Quickdraw.

The Quick and the Dead helps when Hero finally goes down and you've moved your other Lawmen into position. Nothing's worse than being caught like a sitting duck without order markers. Besides, the Hero is Relentless, even in death.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24

Last edited by Messenger; May 20th, 2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Added The Quick and the Dead ability. Renamed it too.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:32 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker
Here's some more ideas:

Long Arm of the Law
After attacking with (name), you may immediately attack with any lawman you control within 6 clear sight spaces. (Name) cannot be the target of this ability.

Texas Tough Aura
When a lawman you control within 6 clear sight spaces of (name) rolls defense dice against a normal attack, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Texas Tough Aura affects (name).

Wanted: Reward
When (name) destroys a figure who follows Utgar, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

Just some thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 View Post
Great ideas everyone!

So here goes my power suggestion,

Xn F M's Posse:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Posse: When you reveal an order marker on ~this~ up to three lawmen you control may move or attack. All moves must be completed before any lawmen may attack.
and

Cover Fire: When any friendly figure that is within 6 clear sight spaces of Sheriff Norris is about to be attacked and the attacking enemy figure is within 8 clear sight spaces of Sheriff Norris, roll the 20-sided dice. If 1-12, nothing happens. If 13 or higher, the enemy figure's turn ends and Sheriff Norris may attack the enemy figure with a normal attack.

I think that your Posse power is great Xn F M, I like the flexibility of choosing to either move or attack with each lawman.
Thanks, I've been thinking that the "move or fire" thing might actually be a little too weak. It looks good on paper, but really, I think it might only make Deadeye Dan good. I guess that's what playtesting is for right?

I really like your cover fire ability. It's an interesting take on the cowboy "nonstandard attack" theme. I would suggest giving it a different name though. I don't like the idea of having two functionally different abilities with the same name. But other than that it seems pretty awesome.

I think I'm going to be voting for your abilities when the polls go up.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thanks, I've been thinking that the "move or fire" thing might actually be a little too weak. It looks good on paper, but really, I think it might only make Deadeye Dan good.
fyi, Deadeye Dan is not a Lawman, he's a sniper.

Currently, I think there are only three Lawmen: Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan, James Murphy, and Guilty McCreech. This should be taken into consideration when dealing with "Lawman" powers.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Quote:
Thanks, I've been thinking that the "move or fire" thing might actually be a little too weak. It looks good on paper, but really, I think it might only make Deadeye Dan good.

Currently, I think there are only three Lawmen: Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan, James Murphy, and Guilty McCreech. This should be taken into consideration when dealing with "Lawman" powers.
It was the lack of lawmen that made me think of Deputize. My proposals are ...

Round up the Posse! - Instead of taking a turn with _____, take a turn with any two lawmen you control.

Deputize - As soon as an order marker is revealed for _____, he can deputize one unique human hero within 5 clear sight spaces to be a lawman. The deputized hero can take turns under Round up the Posse!. This deputized hero may not cause any other figure to move or take a turn while deputized. The hero remains deputized for the remainder of the round. _____ may deputize a new hero in future rounds.

I think that it would be fun to be able to use Drake, Carr, or Skahen to be a lawman/lawperson for a round.

Last edited by Rich10; May 20th, 2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: suggestion by Killometer on Deputize.
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:10 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I like the Deputize idea...nice job on all of the ideas so far.

-ZB

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

I was completely unaware of that. (I suppose that shows how often I use DeD . . . .)

In light of this, my version of posse should read:

Quote:
Posse: When you reveal an order marker on ~this~, instead of taking a normal turn with ~this~, up to three figures you control may move or attack. All moves must be completed before any lawmen may attack. Only Lawmen and Deadeye Dan may be activated by this ability.
So now it allows for Deadeye Dan to activate, and I fixed a mistake I made in the initial version. This ability was supposed to replace the normal turn, not be taken in addition to it.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

To be honest, I don't want to involve Deadeye Dan. He's a sniper, not a Lawman - and while he fits in thematically, we can't involve him without roping in the Omnicrons or otherwise tinkering with terminology. I'd rather just keep 'im out, really.
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Deputize - As soon as an order marker is revealed for _____, he can deputize one unique human hero to be a lawman. The deputized hero can take turns under Round up the Posse!. This deputized hero may not cause any other figure to move or take a turn while deputized. The hero remains deputized for the remainder of the round. _____ may deputize a new hero in future rounds.

Deputize is a cool idea, but I think that it should probably be limited by distance (4 clear sight spaces, 6 clear sight spaces, maybe?) or be treated more like Parmenio's Disciplined Influence ability. "At the start of the game you may choose any Unique Hero you control. For this game the chosen figure's class is Lawman, regardless of what is listed on the card."

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:17 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Here are my Deputize and Posse abilities from a fig I made a while back. I originally didn't post these since there were already several variations, but now I figure, "Why not?"

DEPUTIZE
Marshall Jedediah Blank may deputize 1 squad you control. To Deputize a squad, Jedediah must move adjacent to at least one figure from the squad. Once Deputized, place a Tin Star marker on that squad’s Army Card. All figures on an army card with a Tin Star are considered Lawmen for their class.

POSSE
After taking a turn with Marshall Jedediah Blank, you may move 1 unique Lawman or 1 squad of Lawmen you control adjacent to Jedediah. The unique Lawman must be within 5 clear sight spaces of Jedediah before being moved with Posse. The squad must have at least one figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Jedediah before being moved. Any figures engaged before being moved with Posse will take any leaving wounds.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards