Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:45 PM

Xiegfried Woo who?
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Did a custom for Halfling Tombseeker from Night Below. Cool figure, really tiny though. Same size as the goblins.
(Picture Removed)
This is quite good.
I agree. I would love to play a figure like that. I think halflings would be an interesting addition to 'Scape. I've always seen halflings as a fantasy staple, along with dwarves, elves, and orcs. As for powers, I think the suggested stealing power would be perfect along with an Evade ability. Kind of like a tiny thieving Isamu with three or so life.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:13 PM

Jebuh214 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiegfried View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Did a custom for Halfling Tombseeker from Night Below. Cool figure, really tiny though. Same size as the goblins.
(Picture Removed)
This is quite good.
I agree. I would love to play a figure like that. I think halflings would be an interesting addition to 'Scape. I've always seen halflings as a fantasy staple, along with dwarves, elves, and orcs. As for powers, I think the suggested stealing power would be perfect along with an Evade ability. Kind of like a tiny thieving Isamu with three or so life.
or like a mini rogue krav maga agent

Do you like Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa?
Or Summoner Wars?
Or both!?
Well come check out Curse of Ret-Talus signups going on now at Plaidhatgames!
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:54 PM
Themed His Pants

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebuh214 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(Picture Removed)
This is quite good.
More like one of the Underpants Gnomes from South Park

My Customs: Metroid / Starcraft / Classic
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

so would halflings go to Vydar, since they are like sneaky agents?
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Ecthelion is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post
so would halflings go to Vydar, since they are like sneaky agents?
In general, they arn't.

Ecthelion
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:13 AM

DWK9000 has disabled reputation

halflings I can see going to Auilla, Jandar, or Ullar. If my memory serves me right they are chaotic good. I could seen a thief or rogue going to vydar though.
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

FWIW, I would see Halflings as being like Humans--in just about every faction.

Honestly, one thing that I hope that D&D does for Scape is bring in a few more cross-general heroes/units for dwarves, elves and others. While I respect the sense that Feylund Elves are fairly homogeneous, I'd like to see some fun variants added to the game with flairs that match other generals.

I'd like to see other types treated a bit more like humans and allowed to slide around the generals and have more diverse flavor. (Oops. Mini rant. My apologies.)
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
FWIW, I would see Halflings as being like Humans--in just about every faction.

Honestly, one thing that I hope that D&D does for Scape is bring in a few more cross-general heroes/units for dwarves, elves and others. While I respect the sense that Feylund Elves are fairly homogeneous, I'd like to see some fun variants added to the game with flairs that match other generals.

I'd like to see other types treated a bit more like humans and allowed to slide around the generals and have more diverse flavor. (Oops. Mini rant. My apologies.)
Dwarves I see no problem with; With the Elves, my only reservation is that I currently like to see Ullar's army building theme as being connected to Fey/Fae, as opposed to merely "all Fantasy." Fae would mean his army would be the go to place for Elves, Fairies, Treefolk, gnomes, and certain giants or some other things like Nymphs, Dryads, and Satyrs. But other Fantasy stuff can go elsewhere.

I could see Jandar getting a few since he's sometimes a bit of a melting pot, and Utgar or Valkrill would likely be the ones to get Veldoris the Proud if he ever gets made.
Old October 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My apologies for disturbing the "We want Halflings" part of this thread, but what I am really looking forward is to see what diifers among some the new units from existing ones. For example what about the Ice Troll is significantly different from the Feral Troll? Or how is the Ogre Pulverizer different from the Ogre Warhulk? I am hoping one of these two will be cheaper pointswise than the Feral Troll which is up to this point the cheapest Uncommon Hero. Maybe the Pulverizer will have about 6 life, 5 move, attack and defense 2 with Deadly Strike. I think a figure like that would reasonably be price at about 70 points.
Old October 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
how do I look?

lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebuh214 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(Picture Removed)
This is quite good.
More like one of the Underpants Gnomes from South Park
?
Profit!

The largest source of Heroscape in Wyoming Washington, now selling loads of terrain.
Old October 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
My apologies for disturbing the "We want Halflings" part of this thread, but what I am really looking forward is to see what diifers among some the new units from existing ones. For example what about the Ice Troll is significantly different from the Feral Troll?
I'm interested in this too. My guess is 7 health with 2 defense and Regeneration (they have the same regenerative powers as any other Troll), along with a Berserker related ability that allows it to either take a wound or forfeit its regeneration that turn for an auto-skull added to its attack. In 2.0 I think ice Trolls were faster, so maybe 6 move instead of 5. 4 base attack + Berserker, so its different from the Feral Troll's 3 + Blood power. And maybe Ice/Heavy Snow movement.

Quote:
Or how is the Ogre Pulverizer different from the Ogre Warhulk?
I can tell you with 99% certainty that it will be a cheaper, more basic Ogre. A Warhulk is a boss-type Ogre; a really big mean bruiser. I expect the Pulverizer to be more about making single 4-5 attacks, and maybe a special swing like Jotun's with 3 attack. The DDM version could take wounds from an attack that hit an adjacent friendly.

Quote:
I am hoping one of these two will be cheaper pointswise than the Feral Troll which is up to this point the cheapest Uncommon Hero. Maybe the Pulverizer will have about 6 life, 5 move, attack and defense 2 with Deadly Strike. I think a figure like that would reasonably be price at about 70 points.
I expect the Ogre to be somewhere between 80-100 points. Your generic every day Ogre is usually weaker than the generic every day Troll, so I'm kinda hoping for an 80 point guy that's available as a fairly cheap beatstick for any army type. Ice Troll I'm guessing will be 100-110 points.
Old October 4th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
My apologies for disturbing the "We want Halflings" part of this thread, but what I am really looking forward is to see what diifers among some the new units from existing ones. For example what about the Ice Troll is significantly different from the Feral Troll? Or how is the Ogre Pulverizer different from the Ogre Warhulk? I am hoping one of these two will be cheaper pointswise than the Feral Troll which is up to this point the cheapest Uncommon Hero. Maybe the Pulverizer will have about 6 life, 5 move, attack and defense 2 with Deadly Strike. I think a figure like that would reasonably be price at about 70 points.
I think you bring up a good question here. Why are the uncommon heroes averaging such a high point value? It seems like a perfect role for lower point heroes so that you can more effectively take advantage of being able to field more than one and yet the average cost of uncommons could very well be higher than uniques. I would love to see more uncommon heroes in the 10-80 point range.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News