Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 28th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: IAmBatman's Design Workshop

I was turning over ideas for a Titan Wally a while ago, but I didn't land anywhere I really liked. My thinking was more influenced by the current, Rebirth-era run with the adult Titans, though. Would have been a second Flash (Wally), not a Kid Flash (Wally).

Superspeed intentionally got a once-a-round limit there, or is it meant to be once-a-turn?
Old August 28th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These two are harder ones to lock down, with their somewhat complicated histories.

Wally could definitely be named Flash or Kid Flash, because he's now technically used both names while a Titan, as Ronin has pointed out. Whirlwind Attack feels a bit too like Barry's Special Attack, which leaves this one kinda feeling like "Barry, but with some synergy." I think something focused on his Vibration abilities could be cool here, or you could lean into the idea that Wally has a huge supporting cast, including some Rogue friends, and membership on like 6 or 7 teams over the years.

Donna is the real tough one. The queen of the retcon. This design feels a bit like a grab bag of eras. If you're going more early Troia era, Warrior Engagement feels weirdest here, as it doesn't quite fit with how she'd often use her Photon powers. Force Field fits with the Darkstar Era, but there's a lot more weird powers that would come in here. Post-Crisis Era is where the second and third powers really stand out, but you'd probably want to up her move and drop her range to get closer to that power level.
Old August 28th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I was turning over ideas for a Titan Wally a while ago, but I didn't land anywhere I really liked. My thinking was more influenced by the current, Rebirth-era run with the adult Titans, though. Would have been a second Flash (Wally), not a Kid Flash (Wally).

Superspeed intentionally got a once-a-round limit there, or is it meant to be once-a-turn?
I was copying off of Kid Flash's text there for Super Speed. Did we make it so you can't use Slimstreaming and Super Speed in the same round? Working off the index here, so just double checking.

I fixed Super Speed to be based on turn with Whirlwind, though. I figured it was a good way to represent him beating up a bunch of Minions in melee.

These are just thrown together and definitely up for brainstorming, though! Just a starting point.

(Circling back around to read and respond to you, LV).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 28th, 2018, 10:25 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
These two are harder ones to lock down, with their somewhat complicated histories.

Wally could definitely be named Flash or Kid Flash, because he's now technically used both names while a Titan, as Ronin has pointed out. Whirlwind Attack feels a bit too like Barry's Special Attack, which leaves this one kinda feeling like "Barry, but with some synergy." I think something focused on his Vibration abilities could be cool here, or you could lean into the idea that Wally has a huge supporting cast, including some Rogue friends, and membership on like 6 or 7 teams over the years.

Donna is the real tough one. The queen of the retcon. This design feels a bit like a grab bag of eras. If you're going more early Troia era, Warrior Engagement feels weirdest here, as it doesn't quite fit with how she'd often use her Photon powers. Force Field fits with the Darkstar Era, but there's a lot more weird powers that would come in here. Post-Crisis Era is where the second and third powers really stand out, but you'd probably want to up her move and drop her range to get closer to that power level.
If we're doing Wally as a Titan, I want to focus on him as a Titan, not other team memberships or necessarily his supporting cast. But I've got everything I want out of Wally designs currently with Kid Flash and Flash versions of him, so you'll have to tell me what's missing on him.

What did you have in mind for Vibration abilities? I'm thinking the Titan version of him is really pre-Speed Force, as that's more for when he's in the Justice League and after. Did he do much with his vibration abilities before the Speed Force?

One thing I remember from late Kid Flash/early Flash Wally is his metabolism. We could consider a light healing power or some sort of power that makes you stop every once and a while to burn an OM or something to symbolize his having to eat.

I figured his being able to hit a lot of targets would make him an appealing partner for Nightwing, though (but maybe too appealing?).

I'm really wanting early Troia, but all I know of her in that era is what I read on Wikipedia about her photon blasts and force fields (thus the force field power) and that she retains all of her earlier abilities (thus the repeat and echo of Wonder Girl powers).

I'm totally open to ideas, though. These are just spitball starting points.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 28th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, Kid Flash's version of Superspeed has the all-round limit (presumably since Slipstreaming is an out-of-turn thing), but all the other Superspeeds have turn-based restrictions. Just wanted to straighten out what the intent was.
Old August 28th, 2018, 10:30 PM

I appreciate it. Good catch as I definitely intended it to work more like Flash's.

Old August 28th, 2018, 10:31 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Surprising that we never brainstormed these Bats, unless we did and I just forgot. I'll have to think about this one. Perhaps we can list out the things from the version we are aiming for. And perhaps a few key elements of their story as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 28th, 2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Surprising that we never brainstormed these Bats, unless we did and I just forgot. I'll have to think about this one. Perhaps we can list out the things from the version we are aiming for. And perhaps a few key elements of their story as well.
I don't know about you, but having Sidekick versions of both of them made it so they never rose high on my to do list. I was inspired by Lord Venoc mentioning them to take a stab at it, though.

As you can see, not an era for either character that I'm super familiar with.

Old August 28th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

If we're doing Wally as a Titan, I want to focus on him as a Titan, not other team memberships or necessarily his supporting cast. But I've got everything I want out of Wally designs currently with Kid Flash and Flash versions of him, so you'll have to tell me what's missing on him.
Yeah that was not clearly put by me. I meant more make him a piece with some sort of synergy, rather than a supporting cast focus. By far not the best idea I think.

Quote:
What did you have in mind for Vibration abilities? I'm thinking the Titan version of him is really pre-Speed Force, as that's more for when he's in the Justice League and after. Did he do much with his vibration abilities before the Speed Force?

One thing I remember from late Kid Flash/early Flash Wally is his metabolism. We could consider a light healing power or some sort of power that makes you stop every once and a while to burn an OM or something to symbolize his having to eat.
Semi-correct, in that since he's now a Titan again, he has those powers as a Titan. Personally, I'd recommend aiming toward the more modern version of him as a Titan as that allows him to be more differentiated from speedsters. Original Titan Wally has the basic Superspeed of the day, so I feel like the design is unjustified at that point, since original Kid Flash does still work with Titans, just not as seamlessly as a Titan Wally would. Metabolism powers like that don't really make him feel like he stands out much, at least in my opinion.

Quote:
I'm really wanting early Troia, but all I know of her in that era is what I read on Wikipedia about her photon blasts and force fields (thus the force field power) and that she retains all of her earlier abilities (thus the repeat and echo of Wonder Girl powers).
Not a bad approach. She only really had those Troia powers for about 5 or 6 years if I recall before becoming a Darkstar. The challenge is she retains the powers of her past, but in this era she actually never went to Paradise Island, nor had she met Wonder Woman. It was really questionable whether she was an Amazon or not in those years, so you'd drop that species and likely Warrior Engagement as well, because that was really more reflective of training with Diana.
Old August 28th, 2018, 10:57 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, Wally's current status quo is that he's the fastest man alive, full powers, and he's with the Titans as an adult.

His full history is a little unclear, I think, because DC is in the middle of slowly rolling back the New 52 reboot and bringing in elements of old continuity. It's a bit hodge-podge and poorly planned, so their continuity is kind of a mixed-up mess. Even more-so than usual. Superman is pretty fully restored at this point, though, so they've got that going for them.
Old August 28th, 2018, 11:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I don't know about you, but having Sidekick versions of both of them made it so they never rose high on my to do list. I was inspired by Lord Venoc mentioning them to take a stab at it, though.
Same here. I just remember working through and reading through so many drafts of potential Titan's that I can believe they weren't mentioned. But yeah Bart and Cassie are much higher on my list.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 29th, 2018, 02:46 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, Wally's current status quo is that he's the fastest man alive, full powers, and he's with the Titans as an adult.

His full history is a little unclear, I think, because DC is in the middle of slowly rolling back the New 52 reboot and bringing in elements of old continuity. It's a bit hodge-podge and poorly planned, so their continuity is kind of a mixed-up mess. Even more-so than usual. Superman is pretty fully restored at this point, though, so they've got that going for them.
I actually think this idea to rollback the reboot with an actual plot is a good one. We'll probably never know if it was always the intention, but the overlap of Dr. Manhattan observing and trying to change the universe is very cool to me.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy