Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you play VAGUARD CARDS in HeroScape?
Yes 3 37.50%
Maybe 4 50.00%
No 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:49 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Vanguard Cards, Magic: The Gathering, for HeroScape

Is there any Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Game, former, players/judges on this board that has ever played with VANGUARD CARDS?

Vanguard cards are special over-sized M:TG TCG cards (3" x 5" as opposed to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2") that offer a different way to play. Each card has an instruction that acts like a personal global enchantment, plus modifications to your starting/maximum hand size (in the left-hand circle) and life total (on the right). Obviously, both players have to agree to use them before the game begins. Below is Vanguard Series 1 Karn card (placed next to the Karn, Silver Golem card for comparison) & Vanguard Series 2 Selenia card (placed next to the Selenia, Dark Angel card for comparison).

Each HeroScape Vanguard card would consist of the Name, Race, VANGUARD CARD, Type (General or Commander), Personality, Special Powers, Flavor Text, and modification for all squads MOVE, RANGE, ATTACK, DEFENSE and for the Heroes LIFE.

An Example, Rough Draft, of Einar's Vanguard Card would be...

General Cards (Einar, Jandar, Ullar, Utgar, Vydar) could only be picked IF you played an army consisting of only that General. Commander Cards, since alot of the time we dont draft General specific armies, would be for mixed armies. Obviously, both players have to agree to use them before the game begins.

What do you think? Would this be something youd like to see in HeroScape?
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:26 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Looks cool, but it would add more bits to the game than I personally like,

I will suggest that Vanguard cards for HS wouldn't have to be bigger. Heck it's hard enough finding room sometimes now for my cards,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Uh, I have no idea what your abilities are supposed to mean, but if someone could come up with very well balanced cards for each general and keep the power levels in check, I might try it out. I always liked Vanguard for M:tG.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Uh, I have no idea what your abilities are supposed to mean, but if someone could come up with very well balanced cards for each general and keep the power levels in check, I might try it out. I always liked Vanguard for M:tG.
So for the Einar Vanguard Card...
-Special Abilities Block
1)states all characters may opt to roll an equal number of dice versus the opponents attack dice to gain counterstrike. IF defenders defense dice is higher attacker dice, example KoW attack 3 vs Valgard defense 4 Valgard will go down to 3 and gain counterstrike.
2)At the bottom there's flavor text
-Stats Block
is where you will see if all cards you control gain/loose Move, Range, Attack, Defense point,
Life points for hero characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:36 PM

ballth has disabled reputation
Try SPELLBOUND

Hey PochoMan,
If you like the idea of global enchantments a la M:tG, Vanguard, might I suggest trying SPELLBOUND in the downloads section. I made these cards back in '04 and originally posted them on HS.net. They are a deck of 25 cards that provide a "global enchantment" type variant that affects the play of the game each round.
I used to play Magic the Gathering and if memory serves me right, I believe Vanguard was my inspiration for the SPELLBOUND cards. So, give SPELLBOUND a try and let me know what you think.
Enjoy,
ballth

Four in the morning
Came without a warning.
~Night Ranger
Old April 30th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Master Custom Creator

Re: Try SPELLBOUND

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballth
Hey PochoMan,
If you like the idea of global enchantments a la M:tG, Vanguard, might I suggest trying SPELLBOUND in the downloads section. I made these cards back in '04 and originally posted them on HS.net. They are a deck of 25 cards that provide a "global enchantment" type variant that affects the play of the game each round.
I used to play Magic the Gathering and if memory serves me right, I believe Vanguard was my inspiration for the SPELLBOUND cards. So, give SPELLBOUND a try and let me know what you think.
Enjoy,
ballth
Will do, Comment posted after playing...
Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:47 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
I actually like the idea. But one thing I would add are point costs, so that it would be balanced slightly more.

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions