Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 25th, 2020, 02:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Gambit (AoA) (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Kinda bad quality but I found one albeit small, so there should be more.
That's the Weapon X Gambit from Exiles, not the AoA one.
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:16 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Ah well there's this figure that looks close. Maybe just do a close up of his face? It is still gambit. I'm honestly not that concerned by something as petty as costume. There is clear evidence, just not a good full on shot of him in a similar outfit.

Last edited by Karat; June 11th, 2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Maybe something like this?

I mean, Gambit is basically still Gambit. Not sure I understand the fuss
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:31 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Makes no difference to me personally. I'd be fine with just going Gambit (II) with the class of Rebel like we did with Scarlet if it's more acceptable to johnny due to the non-matching mini.
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:32 PM
Now moves with Flying.

That sounds reasonable.
Old May 25th, 2020, 03:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I mean, my logic: if he doesn't look like AoA Gambit, he doesn't do any of the things that make AoA Gambit unique, why is he AoA Gambit? If someone really loved that specific iteration of the character, would they be satisfied with this design?

I'm definitely concerned about the "Mutant Rebel" faction becoming AoA + whatever 2.0s we arbitrarily slot into that group, but I feel like Gambit is one of those "morally ambiguous former villain" types, like Rogue and Wanda, that a 616 2.0 that's a Rebel works well enough.
Old May 25th, 2020, 03:24 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I don’t think there’s anything arbitrary about it. It’s used for Mutants that are featured in AoA but don’t have an AoA mini, and since you require a matching mini, it’s called a compromise. That’s the opposite of arbitrary, as it’s done with purpose and reason.

The 3 potential candidates that I could see falling into this are Scarlet(no AoA mini and limited art), Gambit(no AoA mini), and maybe Mystique(no AoA mini). None of which are randomly chosen to be Rebels for the sake of being Rebels. So I feel that’s a grossly unfair statement, especially since it’s your particular pickiness that sort of necessitates it.

Additionally, if you’d like to suggest a power or alteration to make it more representative of AoA Gambit, I am all ears. From my understanding, there’s not a giant difference between 616 and AoA Gambit, thus the power set is still accurate. I could maybe see a jealousy angle built in, or some sort of tandem thing with a to be made Jubilee, but nothing else comes to mind.
Old May 25th, 2020, 03:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

A really "AoA-y" Gambit would probably be a Thief with a "Mutant Thief Leader" type power - be that adopting an apprentice thief (like Jubilee) or providing them with a movement boost or something. Something heist-y, since that's the main hook of his most prominent AoA appearance leading the X-Ternals. That would be a completely different design, though.

I don't think the Rebel Wanda design really reflects AoA Scarlet Witch at all - she's a weak character that dies before the story even begins, not a powerful sorceress. And this Gambit doesn't feel uniquely AoA. Which is fine - I don't think our AoA Jean feels "uniquely AoA" either, it just feels like a Jean that works with AoA people. But at least it LOOKS like AoA Jean.

Is wanting a mini to match the character we're doing really pickiness? Particularly when we're calling out what version it is rather than a "lunchbox" style? That feels like bare minimum to me.
Old May 25th, 2020, 03:52 PM

I meant pickiness in general, not exactly this instance. Things like power names being one thing instead of another, personalities being super specific, classes in a larger umbrella sense not being good enough. Stuff like that. Those types of things that I just know no matter how many others are fine with, I have to wait to get your take because it’s gonna be the most particular. That’s what I mean by picky.

Disagreed on Scarlet, fwiw. If she were weak, it wouldn’t make much sense why Magneto specifically asks her to stay back and protect their students. She dies because Nemesis is that strong, not because she’s that weak. And she’s described as a probability manipulator, which is the marquee power of the design.

Also disagree on Jean, as she struggles with her telepathy, feeling her allies pain, and the potential friendly fire with her blast due to the less honed in skills.

Maybe you don’t see the themes being represented, or maybe they aren’t good enough for your taste, but they’re there.

Regardless, we can scrap this and I’ll stick to the ones with minis.

Last edited by Arkham; May 25th, 2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old June 11th, 2020, 02:55 AM

Re: The Book of Gambit (II) (Defunct)

I’m thinking of picking this back up as Gambit (II) instead of labeling him as (AoA) to quell johnny’s biggest issue.

I tweaked the Street Rat power a little. Dropping the Phantom Walk properties since the glyph steal isn’t reliant on it. Instead added a figure disengage aspect to see the power still have use beyond the niche glyph steal opportunities, and to offer some synergy for Mutant, Rebel, or Thief team-ups.

The rest remains the same.
Old June 11th, 2020, 10:21 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Gambit (II) (Defunct)

Solid take for Gambit (II). He definitely will like attack and defense boosters.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 11th, 2020, 09:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gambit (II) (Design)

If the SP is up to date, I like it. Is the reason to subtract 4 only when he's receiving stat boosts? Cause that would make his attack 0 which is weird.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library