Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 13th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Dispel - Public Playtesting

Generally speaking, I'd recommend only doing extra tests for your own stuff if the public testing is looking a little rocky or there are changes that you want to get a handle on for yourself. There's definitely no expectation that you'll run a bunch more tests after the initial.
Old November 13th, 2017, 02:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think I would just let it have the bonus effect of preventing a second spell by Daimon if the first of his two spells gets negated. It won't come up all that often.
Old November 17th, 2017, 01:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You could just... not test it against Daimon?

Honestly, I'm not sure we're going to need to log a ton of tests for this one, because it's not a tricky/controversial balance one at all. I think you should be fine with just the initial and a couple sign-ups. I don't think you need to do anything further here.

EDIT: Not saying you shouldn't run some more games to satisfy your own curiosity, but you shouldn't feel like you need to churn out a bunch of data for this one, and I'd rather see you put that testing energy elsewhere.
Okay... I kind of felt that what with it being my spell I ought to try to do another test here (and then be fine with just a couple of sign-up sheets), but if you're cool for me to leave it here and focus on something else, that sounds great to me too!

(I still wouldn't mind seeing a test vs Daimon though, regardless - he's pretty much the most likely figure to be using up his attack phase spellcasting, and I'd be interested to see how it harms his attack output. Testing it vs. a Hellfire Spell juiced Raven would probably work as well, though, and like you said, not envisaging problems here.)
Quote:
Generally speaking, I'd recommend only doing extra tests for your own stuff if the public testing is looking a little rocky or there are changes that you want to get a handle on for yourself. There's definitely no expectation that you'll run a bunch more tests after the initial.
I agree with Ronin here. Sometimes it's best NOT to do other test and let others give it a try. This one isn't an issue but in general Playtesting also makes sure that the text we give to the public is interpreted the way we intended.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 17th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Any idea when we might be getting some tests in for this? I'd like to try to release this, Healing Energy and one other to go with the Magic Tourney.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 17th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Starting to get busy for the holiday season already, so I'm not sure when I'll get to it. I'll hit it at some point, though.

Any chance I could sell you on the idea of consolidating your "booster of spells for the magic tourney" and "spell in each booster of the next wave" ideas into just one or the other, preferably the latter? We really don't need six new spells in the next six months, and I'd appreciate your help working on other things. I'd like to start building up our reserves of actual figures so that we could do something big for the 10th Anniversary of C3G in 2020.
Old November 17th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Starting to get busy for the holiday season already, so I'm not sure when I'll get to it. I'll hit it at some point, though.

Any chance I could sell you on the idea of consolidating your "booster of spells for the magic tourney" and "spell in each booster of the next wave" ideas into just one or the other, preferably the latter? We really don't need six new spells in the next six months, and I'd appreciate your help working on other things. I'd like to start building up our reserves of actual figures so that we could do something big for the 10th Anniversary of C3G in 2020.
Honestly, I'm unsure here. I've grown lukewarm on the spells for the Young Marvel set, mostly because the character appropriate spells are ones that, in this case, I'm feeling less of an itch to do over getting on with other things - but then, that sounds like the one you'd rather I continue with...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 17th, 2017, 07:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I kind of think that we don't need more generic spells all that much...a MD figure has normal attack number which in essence is a generic spell not a hand to hand combat number. Character appropriate spells should be more of a focus.

Also testing is going to be more of a problem for you as a lot of people are getting lukewarm on spells in general right now. Not saying you shouldn't be doing something your passionate about but sometimes it's better to not force it and alternate a bit.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 17th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Quote:

Honestly, I'm unsure here. I've grown lukewarm on the spells for the Young Marvel set, mostly because the character appropriate spells are ones that, in this case, I'm feeling less of an itch to do over getting on with other things - but then, that sounds like the one you'd rather I continue with...
I'm saying design whatever (Heal, Dispel, Third Thing) and release them as freebies in the Young Marvel wave. They're basically just throw-ins and I don't think they strictly need to be closely tied to the characters. They're a neat little bonus either way.

Like japes, I don't want to totally turn you off from pursuing a passion project, but it would help out if you just mixed in the occasional spell LD rather than taking a hard focus on them for an extended period. I've started alternating passion project LDs and ones that are mainly meant to tie in with On Deck stuff, and I find it strikes a pretty good balance.
Old November 18th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I kind of think that we don't need more generic spells all that much...a MD figure has normal attack number which in essence is a generic spell not a hand to hand combat number. Character appropriate spells should be more of a focus.

Also testing is going to be more of a problem for you as a lot of people are getting lukewarm on spells in general right now. Not saying you shouldn't be doing something your passionate about but sometimes it's better to not force it and alternate a bit.
I'm not designing generic spells that simulate a normal attack - I'm trying to design spells that are fun and exciting in order to build up an interesting magic system. I'm happy (and, in fact, planning) to move onto a more alternating basis in the near future, prioritising LDs to help with releases, but right now I was just trying to get a few things done. Also, I thought I was told before that character specific spells were discouraged?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm saying design whatever (Heal, Dispel, Third Thing) and release them as freebies in the Young Marvel wave. They're basically just throw-ins and I don't think they strictly need to be closely tied to the characters. They're a neat little bonus either way.

Like japes, I don't want to totally turn you off from pursuing a passion project, but it would help out if you just mixed in the occasional spell LD rather than taking a hard focus on them for an extended period. I've started alternating passion project LDs and ones that are mainly meant to tie in with On Deck stuff, and I find it strikes a pretty good balance.
Yeah, I'm happy to do that - I'm just wondering about the timing of the release. I'm thinking I will either go for an early just spells release or add them to the Young Marvel Wave - it's just that I was designing Dispel right now specifically because, with the Spell Tourney I was planning coming up, that would give it a time to shine - without that, it feels a bit less exciting and more niche. I suppose I could put off the spell tourney to around the time of the Young Marvel release, which would be cool as it would give contestants three new spellcasters to play around with as well, but I quite liked the idea of having something going on during those cold winter months after New Year.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 18th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Symbiotic

Yeah, I do hear you on the timing point. Maybe we could cook up something else, Promotion-wise, for those winter months? I do like the idea of something happening then.
Old November 18th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Yeah, I do hear you on the timing point. Maybe we could cook up something else, Promotion-wise, for those winter months? I do like the idea of something happening then.
Yeah, if we can come up with something cool for people to be doing round then, I'd be much happier postponing the spells and Magic Tourney until the Young Marvel release.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 29th, 2017, 02:20 AM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Dispel @10 points

Army Test
Map: Sauron's Eyrie
Units: Baron Mordo, Wong, Hypnotize, Mesmerize, Jason Voorhees, Skrull Infiltrator x2, Mystic Flames, Dispel x3 (640) vs Scarlet Witch, Rover, Jubilee, Armor, Condemn, Final Ruin, Waking Nightmare (640)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sauron's Eyrie
Units: Doctor Doom (Sorcerer), Kristoff von Doom, Doombot x2, Dispel x2, Condemn, Final Ruin, Mystic Flames x2 (700) vs Enchantress II, Awesome Android, Mystic Flames x2, Enchant, Condemn, Speedy (Mia) (700)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: A good day for big robots. Dispel feels fine at 10.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library