Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 21st, 2013, 12:05 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness
April 6 Western PA bi-monthly - Size Matters

Hey all,

It's again time for the Western PA bi-monthly tournament! Sorry for the late notice on this one. March flew by and April kind of snuck up on me, then April got busy. But here's the info!

Date: Saturday, April 6, 2013

Time: 1:00 PM to 6ish PM

11:30- Setup
12:30 - Registration
1:00-6:00 - Tournament Time!

25 Pine Grove Square
Grove City, PA 16127

Google Map to Location

Bell's is about an hour north of Pittsburgh or an hour east of Akron.

Format: 5 Round Swiss 45 minute game time limit.

C3V and SoV permitted. Marvel not permitted.

560 Point Size Matters (Armies must contain at least one card from at least 3 of Small, Medium, Large, and Huge sizes.)

Entrance Fee*: $5

Prizes*:
1st - 50% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards
2nd - 30% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards
3rd - 20% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards

Maps**:
Spoiler Alert!

*Note that Bell's lets us use their space for free. We want to honor them for their benevolence towards us by giving them some business, hence the entrance fee and prizes.
**Note that we'll need help bringing maps. We don't have enough terrain between the two of us to set up more than 5 or 6 BoV's. We are open to balanced custom maps. If you want to bring a custom map, please PM me with a link to the build instructions and I'll check it out.

Attendees (12):
Nirek
lettucemode
rudyvalentine
Viegon
TrollBrute
Zettian Juggernaut
yamissflash
lefton4ya
Anthony
Andy
Nick
Tyler

Maybes ( 4 ):
+1 with Nick
DragonSlayer2
+1 with rudyvalentine

Last edited by Nirek; April 5th, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Western PA bi-monthly - April 6

Please check out the format options and give your feedback on which you'd like to do! I'm game for whichever.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

If Iam able to make it Id be up for something like planetary wars. (although, might it be easier to make it generals wars?)

Heres a map idea. Its one Ive used for tournaments Ive hosted in the past. Its a fun map thats different from your normal 24 hex start zones. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1605

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:37 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I'll have to ask but I hope I can make it.

If so, I'll bring my latest The Hotways or the Highways map and maybe one more.

I also like any of the three. From most to least preferable:

Size Matters
Planet Wars
Interplanet Wars

General Wars is different from Planet Wars. For instance, in General Wars I can't have Drake and Isamu on the same team, but for Planet Wars I could. Or for Planet Wars I couldn't have Wolves of Badru with Werewolf Lord whereas in General Wars I could.

There is a difference, and General Wars is too common, so I like Planet Wars more.

We could also do 1v1v1 matches. The problem would be room, but I think if we wanted to mix it up a little. Go like 400pt armies and 3-player Kill-The-Person-To-The-Left. If you've never played kill the person to the left, it's a great game for those interested even if we don't use it at the tourney.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:46 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like fun. But soccer for the kids starts that week, so we are probably out. I guess I could hope for rain.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I can't come, but looks fun. I really hope I can make it one of these days...
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

My brothers and I would definitely like to make it there again! We're a little busy in early April, but it shouldn't be a problem.

As for the format, I agree with heroscaper (Size Matters, Planet Wars, Interplanet Wars, in that order).

I might try to bring one of my own maps this time around.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:57 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not sure I'll be able to make this or not, but I will certainly try.

Personally, I'm into the planet and interplanet options. I like to build armies around themes and factions, and size matters seems like it would end up pretty random with having to fit in a card of every size while still trying to hit the point total. Just my , I'll play whatever is decided if I can make it out.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:56 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I'm not sure I'll be able to make this or not, but I will certainly try.

Personally, I'm into the planet and interplanet options. I like to build armies around themes and factions, and size matters seems like it would end up pretty random with having to fit in a card of every size while still trying to hit the point total. Just my , I'll play whatever is decided if I can make it out.
Somewhat disagreed. I came up with the following army for 600pts for Size Matters:

190 Quahon (Huge)
390 Wyvern x2 (Large)
550 Spiders x4 (Small)
600 Marro Warriors (Medium)

I do see your point though, Size Matters may bring a few unthemed armies but as you can see it has the chance to bring so themed (and even competitive) armies too.

Here's another one:

240 Wolves of Badru x3 (Small)
380 Werewolf Lord (Huge)
455 Khosumet (Medium)
595 Morgoloth (Large)

And another*:

220 TKN (Huge)
280 Nagrubs x2 (Small)
410 Kee-Mo-Shi (Medium)
590 Vulcanmech Incendiborgs (Large)
600 Isamu (Medium)

*The Marro have many, many options for Size Matters as long as you have Hivelord/Nagrubs.

Ooh, and Nirek will love this one:

180 Omegacron (Large)
380 Omnicron S. x2 (Medium)
460 Omnicron R. x2 (Small)
600 Frost Giant of Morh (Huge)

~HS2010, thinking he should stop before he gives away too many armies.

Last edited by Sheep; March 23rd, 2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:39 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No, please keep them coming! These ideas will get my brain warmed up.

What if I tell you kind of general directions I want to go and you give me all the possibilities? But you have to promise not to counter-build your army to squash mine.

I am kidding, but seriously if everyone else is down with Size Matters, I'm totally game for it... and this is all assuming I will be able to make it.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

If people think Size Matters is too limiting, one idea is to make it so you only need to have 3 different sizes, not all 4.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
If people think Size Matters is too limiting, one idea is to make it so you only need to have 3 different sizes, not all 4.
I like this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events