Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 26th, 2017, 02:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Solovar might not be too happy to learn about him being an elected mayor.

In all honestly, I don't ever play with citizens. Which means I've never used cards like J. Jonah Jameson and Reverend Stryker. As such I don't have any thoughts to add here. Perhaps someone who does play with the citizens can chime in.
Old May 26th, 2017, 02:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

DAVE THE ORANGUTAN

SIMIAN
UNIQUE HERO
MAYOR
CONTENT
MEDIUM 4

LIFE 4

MOVE 3
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3
POINTS ?

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE
All Citizen figures roll one extra die when defending. If Dave is attacked and destroyed by an opponent's figure, for the rest of the game, all Citizen figures roll one additional die when attacking normally.

CELEBRITY STATUS

EXPERT CLIMBING

SUPERSTRENGTH?

He has an uncanny skill to pick sporting event winners and during the campaign, Dredd was assigned as Dave's bodyguard, so those are optional angles to pursue.
Didn't realize you were serious here. Interesting character. I'll have to go research him.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 26th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Not a lot on him. I know of six main issues he was in and he was in perhaps a half dozen more. The first power is a bit of a stretch and represents his cult like following.

He is regarded as MC1's greatest Mayor. They even hold a parade for him.

He gained fame by picking the winner of the Superbowl, a pick all the experts got wrong. He then went on to crush the experts by picking at nearly 3 times their success rate.
One of the teams he picked was the Tornados.
Old May 26th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Not a lot on him. I know of six main issues he was in and he was in perhaps a half dozen more. The first power is a bit of a stretch and represents his cult like following.

He gained fame by picking the winner of the Superbowl, a pick all the experts got wrong. He then went on to crush the experts by picking at nearly 3 times their success rate.
Hmmm... maybe you have to try to predict a battle between a couple of figures, and if you get the prediction right, he then provides the whole respect bonus? Just spitballing here - looks like loads of fun.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 26th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Hmmm... maybe you have to try to predict a battle between a couple of figures, and if you get the prediction right, he then provides the whole respect bonus? Just spitballing here - looks like loads of fun.
Not immediately sure how to make that work, but I like the sound of it.

I'd consider dropping Celebrity Status, since it kinda conflicts with People's Choice, and maybe also work a clause that lets Civilians treat him as Human into People's Choice. Then let power three play up either the bodyguard angle, or something like what LO is talking about.
Old June 9th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sentry
Spoiler Alert!

I can dig a 2 power card here since this guy is way powerful and his statistics should show it. The theme with The Void is his agoraphobia (fear of open spaces) brings out his nemesis in himself. Into The Sun is supposed to represent him taking an oponent into space them throwing them back to earth. It's powerful since it can one shot a lot of heroes like Batman, but if an opponent gets to use sentry because of the Void, you'll likely lose it. Any thoughts or feedback?

Last edited by L0B5T3R; June 9th, 2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old June 9th, 2017, 04:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The Adventurer class bring him into the Fan4 (gives him 12 defense with Sue, bonds with Reed, Triggers Clobbering Time), so I'd consider another class choice.
Old June 9th, 2017, 06:03 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The Adventurer class bring him into the Fan4 (gives him 12 defense with Sue, bonds with Reed, Triggers Clobbering Time), so I'd consider another class choice.
He was best friends with Reed, and worked in tandem with the Fan4, but bonding with Reed would bypass The Void entirely. Not to mention the other benefits you mentioned, so it make sense to eliminate that synergy. Good thinking. No idea what to replace it with though.
Old June 9th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Or you could eliminate the OM restriction on the Void, if it would make sense for him to work with Reed and the Fan 4. The only concern might be Fantastic Force Field 4, but you generally need to assassinate Sue first when fighting the Fantastic Four anyway, he looks like he'll be one of the most expensive Adventurers out there, potentially equaling or even topping Silver Surfer and Baldr, and it could be borne out in testing. I say make the change to the Void (which would prevent you from putting him in a Masters of Evil build to avoid the drawback as well, which is a plus) and give him a go as an Adventurer. Another option might be Charlatan if he was involved with the Dark Avengers - I know Ronin has plans there - but I have no idea if it would actually fit his character.
Into the Sun looks like a really fun power, but I almost wonder if a power to represent him dragging someone into space (such a cool move to represent! ) should almost be stronger.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 9th, 2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Or you could eliminate the OM restriction on the Void, if it would make sense for him to work with Reed and the Fan 4. The only concern might be Fantastic Force Field 4, but you generally need to assassinate Sue first when fighting the Fantastic Four anyway, he looks like he'll be one of the most expensive Adventurers out there, potentially equaling or even topping Silver Surfer and Baldr, and it could be borne out in testing. I say make the change to the Void (which would prevent you from putting him in a Masters of Evil build to avoid the drawback as well, which is a plus) and give him a go as an Adventurer. Another option might be Charlatan if he was involved with the Dark Avengers - I know Ronin has plans there - but I have no idea if it would actually fit his character.
Into the Sun looks like a really fun power, but I almost wonder if a power to represent him dragging someone into space (such a cool move to represent! ) should almost be stronger.
Removing the OM restriction is a great idea, since I do think he should be involved with Reed and the gang. His Dark Avengers stuff is not his most iconic work so I don't think that synergy needs to be included.

For Into the Sun I originally had it placing Sentry and the opponent and then the opponent has to roll for extreme falling damage but that's probably too much
Another iconic attack Sentry does is if he is super PO'd he will rip someone in 2, something he does to Carnage.
Old June 9th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I don't think he needs to be a Charlatan for Dark Avengers stuff, since Iron Patriot is a generalist leader anyway, and I can think of at least one other Dark Avenger who won't be a Charlatan.

Not sure what makes the most sense for his class, since his story was retconned several times and I don't actually remember what his real deal is. Didn't he end up being a reality-warper who rewrote history and Mary Sue'd himself into being the greatest superhero of all time and every other hero's bestest buddy? Or have I imagined that?

Maybe switch up the Void power to work off not having a friendly within 4 clear sight spaces, or some such, if you want to rein in his Fan4 synergies just a little.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I was also thinking the Void should be more of a trade-off where it should up his attack (and maybe also defense) to his current level in exchange for the instability, with his base power level being a little lower than that. So essentially, you'd have the choice to either keep him close to his allies for a slightly less powerful, more stable version, or let him get farther afield to bring out the real unstable heavy-hitter. Just changing the current version so that you could negate the downside by keeping him close to other Adventurers would be the opposite of helpful, of course. END EDIT.

It would be cool if Into the Sun had a Kang/Mongul-style orbital bombardment effect where it hit all the characters around the placed figure. It may also need a name change. "Into the Sun" is cool, but he is technically throwing them onto the battlefield.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 01:27 PM

I've been doing some research on Dick Tracy, seems to me that he is mostly going after Mob bosses, or crime lords as opposed to common criminals. I wonder if Crime Buster should reflect this?
Quote:
CRIME BUSTER
At the beginning of the game or any round where Tracy does not have a Suspect, select an opponent’s Unique Crime Lord, Criminal, or Thief to be Tracy’s Suspect. If there is at least one Order Marker on this card, Tracy’s Suspect has the Class of Suspect instead of what is listed on the card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy