Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 18th, 2017, 03:45 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for Initial (Mesmerise)

If you are doing 1, 2, or maybe three and they have a thematic or reasonable tie-in you will probably be fine...if you start rolling out a list of 5 or so generic spells you may get resistance. It's one of those..."we'll know it when we see it" deals. Sorry but that's as specific as I think we are on this subject. We didn't want to put a hard limit since it could limit the creativity. For instance if we set a number it would probably have been a max of 2 but Ronin's hellfire spells and Arkham's elemental spells were all reasonable for the character so the limit might have left out some great work.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - On Hold

Looks like Mordo got hit with a Spell of Holding.
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looks like Mordo got hit with a Spell of Holding.
Now that could be a spell you could run with. Model it after Jean Grey's power to hold people in place but maybe get rid of the d20 roll. Unique spell just so it does not get spammed/abused/annoying. Preventing one melee figure from advancing into an engagement one time could be pretty useful. Or even just stopping a strong ranged attacker (Cable/Punisher) from moving up to ultimate high ground long enough for you to get a figure there first and deny him that spot on the map. Perhaps have it only work on non-SS figures though so you are not shutting down Superman or the Hulk.
Old April 18th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay, how's this looking?

Baron Mordo
Karl Amadeus Mordo

Species - Human
Uniqueness - Unique Hero
Class - Sorcerer
Personality - Manipulative
Size/Height - Medium 5

5 Life
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 4
Defence 5

Points 260-300

Hypnotic Arts 13

Instead of rolling attack or defense dice with Baron Mordo against an opponent's figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, ignore that attack and take control of that opponent's figure and that figure's Army Card, remove any Order Markers on that Army Card and that figure has the personality of Hypnotized until the end of the round. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Baron Mordo, you may take a turn with a Hypnotized figure you control, and may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. At the end of the round, return control of the figure and that figure's Army Card to the player who controlled the figure before it became Hypnotized.

Dark Arts Empowerment

Before attacking with Baron Mordo, you may add 2 to his Attack number this turn or, if you first remove an unrevealed Order Marker on the Army Card of any Hell Lord you control, 3 to his Attack number. If you do, at the end of your turn, you must roll an unblockable attack die against Baron Mordo.

Magical Defence

When Baron Mordo is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Baron Mordo can take for this attack is one.

Superstrength

Flying

Mesmerise
Unique Spell
?? Points

Immediately after an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of this figure rolls attack dice against this figure, you may cast this spell to subtract 2 skulls from that attack.

All powers (save MD) have been changed a bit.

Looking good to everyone? Where would you price this version of Mesmerise? I'd quite like to get it started soon.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 18th, 2017, 06:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do like it very much. No idea on the cost. Since it's after attack dice are rolled it's a nice backup for missing the Hypnotic arts roll.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
The one thing I'm wondering about there is the fact that this version is open to affecting Common/Squad figures.
Oops, I missed that. It's possible to allow him to work on common/squads too, but it would require more text to cover; personally, I don't think it's worth it. I recommend going with:

Quote:
HYPNOTIC ARTS 13
Instead of rolling attack or defense dice with Baron Mordo against an opponent's figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, ignore that attack and, if that figure is a Unique Hero, take control of that opponent's figure and that figure's Army Card, remove any Order Markers on that Army Card and that figure has the personality of Hypnotized until the end of the round. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Baron Mordo, you may take a turn with a Hypnotized figure you control, and may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. At the end of the round, return control of the figure and that figure's Army Card to the player who controlled the figure before it became Hypnotized.
That way he can still use it to shut down a squad figure's attack if he wants.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, we already said anyone doing a card design for the magic release could also run a few spells for free.
What was the specific ruling? 'A few spells' sounds remarkably vague.

~Lazy Orang, kind of hoping to get Nightmare in for free after this, now you've put it like that.
Could I have an answer to this, please?
I prefer people sticking to just 1 bonus spell unless there's a strong mechanical or thematic reason to run multiple with a unit (like with Ronin's Hellfire Spells).

Quote:
Dark Arts Empowerment
Before attacking with Baron Mordo, you may add 2 to his Attack number this turn or, if you first remove an unrevealed Order Marker on the Army Card of any Hell Lord you control, 3 to his Attack number. If you do, at the end of your turn, you must roll an unblockable attack die against Baron Mordo.
While I like this version well enough, what about switching the boost to:

Quote:
DARK ARTS EMPOWERMENT
When attacking with Baron Mordo, you may add 1 to his Attack number for each unrevealed Order Marker on this card and the cards of Hell Lords you control. If you do, at the end of Baron Mordo's turn, roll 1 unblockable attack die against Baron Mordo.
This makes the synergy with Hell Lords a little lighter, and adds in some interesting tactical challenges in my opinion.

Quote:
Where would you price this version of Mesmerise?
10-15 I guess? I'd probably see if the CRB has a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I do like it very much. No idea on the cost. Since it's after attack dice are rolled it's a nice backup for missing the Hypnotic arts roll.
Not quite, since Hypnotic Arts would trigger in place of defense dice being rolled, while the "immediately" in Mesmerize causes it to come before the defense dice rolling phase.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
The one thing I'm wondering about there is the fact that this version is open to affecting Common/Squad figures.
Oops, I missed that. It's possible to allow him to work on common/squads too, but it would require more text to cover; personally, I don't think it's worth it. I recommend going with:

Quote:
HYPNOTIC ARTS 13
Instead of rolling attack or defense dice with Baron Mordo against an opponent's figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, ignore that attack and, if that figure is a Unique Hero, take control of that opponent's figure and that figure's Army Card, remove any Order Markers on that Army Card and that figure has the personality of Hypnotized until the end of the round. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Baron Mordo, you may take a turn with a Hypnotized figure you control, and may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. At the end of the round, return control of the figure and that figure's Army Card to the player who controlled the figure before it became Hypnotized.
That way he can still use it to shut down a squad figure's attack if he wants.
Will do.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, we already said anyone doing a card design for the magic release could also run a few spells for free.
What was the specific ruling? 'A few spells' sounds remarkably vague.

~Lazy Orang, kind of hoping to get Nightmare in for free after this, now you've put it like that.
Could I have an answer to this, please?
I prefer people sticking to just 1 bonus spell unless there's a strong mechanical or thematic reason to run multiple with a unit (like with Ronin's Hellfire Spells).
Okay, guess I'll probably be paying for the others, then.

Quote:
Quote:
Dark Arts Empowerment
While I like this version well enough, what about switching the boost to:

Quote:
DARK ARTS EMPOWERMENT
When attacking with Baron Mordo, you may add 1 to his Attack number for each unrevealed Order Marker on this card and the cards of Hell Lords you control. If you do, at the end of Baron Mordo's turn, roll 1 unblockable attack die against Baron Mordo.
This makes the synergy with Hell Lords a little lighter, and adds in some interesting tactical challenges in my opinion.
Hmm... interesting. Are we going to be okay with him chucking an attack of 7 on Turn One? I do kind of like that it weakens any Captain America synergy, too, though - what with his powers requiring OMs on his card and him having few specific synergies, I was anticipating that being a primary build for him, which I didn't like.

Quote:
Quote:
Where would you price this version of Mesmerise?
10-15 I guess? I'd probably see if the CRB has a suggestion.
I'm hoping they do, but if nothing comes in, I'll propose an Initial for it at 15. Should I specify normal attack for this spell?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 18th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'd specify normal attack in Mesmerize. I'd also definitely tag the CRB to get their thoughts before putting anything through to initial testing.
Old April 18th, 2017, 11:25 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Looks good.
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:37 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Quote:
Not quite, since Hypnotic Arts would trigger in place of defense dice being rolled, while the "immediately" in Mesmerize causes it to come before the defense dice rolling phase.
I was about to make the same point. If the desire is to have Mesmerize work as a possible insurance against a failed Hypnotic Arts roll I would change the timing to after defense dice have been rolled. Then when an opponent rolls 1-2 skulls you could opt to not roll defense dice and instead roll for Hypnotic Arts, if you fail with the d20 you cast the Mesmerize spell to reduce the number of skulls by 2 and save yourself from taking a W.

When not used in that way, you only cast the spell when you know you failed to block the attack, which make it a more consistent save. As a unique spell you may as well actually be guaranteed to get something for your 50 point investment. 50+ points is what the I was told a spell blocking 1 attack on a MD figure was worth.
Old April 19th, 2017, 05:50 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - CRB Review

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I was about to make the same point. If the desire is to have Mesmerize work as a possible insurance against a failed Hypnotic Arts roll I would change the timing to after defense dice have been rolled. Then when an opponent rolls 1-2 skulls you could opt to not roll defense dice and instead roll for Hypnotic Arts, if you fail with the d20 you cast the Mesmerize spell to reduce the number of skulls by 2 and save yourself from taking a W.

When not used in that way, you only cast the spell when you know you failed to block the attack, which make it a more consistent save. As a unique spell you may as well actually be guaranteed to get something for your 50 point investment. 50+ points is what the I was told a spell blocking 1 attack on a MD figure was worth.
Well, I definitely don't want it coming in at 50 points now (which was kind of the point of changing it...), but I do like that idea.

Okay, updated the Second and Third posts with the present version (including Viegon's idea for DAE - how do we feel about that?), so I'm going to call in the CRB for the standard sanity check.
@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 @weebaer

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - CRB Review

I like Viegon's take on Dark Arts Empowerment. Integrates the Hell Lord bit into the main point of the power, and I think it'll lead to more interesting/thematic builds.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library