Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old February 27th, 2009, 01:37 AM

Clockwork_Knight is surprisingly tart
I have my first Heroscape meet up Friday

After a year of not playing and selling off all my old Heroscape stuff, I finaly am back into the game and I'm going my first Heroscape meet up tomorrow after noon at the local library. I used to play Heroscape a LOT before some hard bumps in life made me give it up but now I'm back though I'm pretty rusty so I'll have to sit up until the crack of dawn memorizing the basic rules.

I have Since they have board game night on Fridays I'm going to start hauling Heroscape up there and hope I can get a table before any one else hogs it. It's the only place to play now since the only game shop in reach closed down in May of last year.

A lot of the people who will be playing are going to be younger kids and if I'm lucking older teens and maybe a few adults might get sucked into the wonderful addiction that is Heroscape.

Which brings me to my questions

1) How to get new players introduced to the game

2) How to make things fair for the newer players since there will be better players.

3) How to handle rules conflicts between younger players

4) I can't drive, believe me it sucks so I'm going to have to figure how to haul a Master sets worth of tiles and the figures and all the extras around. At least its a short distance

I have a pretty good idea of what figures I want to bring, the two large dragons, a lots of easy to handle themed squads and heroes

If any one has any suggestions, feel free to shoot them my way

Sit down, shut up and eat your damn Twinkie.

Trades done with- Filbey, MI_Tiger Hilo-scaper Mutt Lo,SuperflyTNT
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:10 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: I have my first Heroscape meet up Friday

Home Depot sells a good, inexpensive aluminum case (in the tool area at my local HD). It is about the size of a thick briefcase and it comes with moveable/removeable dividers. I use mine for all my large figures (dragons, hive, Jotun, etc.), but one master set would probably fit into it with room to spare.

It has a briefcase-type handle and reinforced corners. Could be strapped to the rear rack of a motorcycle or bicycle. Easy to carry on public transit.

Good luck!

As to the rules conflicts, you might just print out a copy of the latest FAQ and bring it along.

~Chris

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

I have that exact same case and have 2 TJ, 2 VW, 2 RtFF and Molten lava from 2 VW's in it.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:00 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Knight View Post
Which brings me to my questions

1) How to get new players introduced to the game

2) How to make things fair for the newer players since there will be better players.

3) How to handle rules conflicts between younger players

4) I can't drive, believe me it sucks so I'm going to have to figure how to haul a Master sets worth of tiles and the figures and all the extras around. At least its a short distance
1) You just have to convince them to play one game with you. I brought the game to one of my Bible studies (we were having a game night, so no I didn't skip the study.), no had played it before. Every one liked it and have fun. Once they play their first game they are hooked.
2) Play teams, Put experienced player with non-experienced players. Make the maps fair.
3) You are the end all argument person, What you say goes, especially if you can show them the rules in the rule book.
4) Learn how to drive.

You're going to need a bigger table.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion