Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 1st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dignan's Multiplayer Maps - New Maps 1/18

I have always loved Firestarter, and the fact that you made a bigger and badder version makes me happy!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I have always loved Firestarter, and the fact that you made a bigger and badder version makes me happy!
Yeah, it was a favorite from our team tournament a year ago. This year when we were looking for maps for this years event, many people really wanted it back. I just added a little bit to the map since we expanded the parameters for map requirements this year.

I think it turned out well, but all the credit really goes to R˙chean.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 15th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just wanted to say on FireStarter Version 2, two of the RttFF walls are placed illegally, and therefore won't fit comfortably on the map!

I just figured i give you a heads up!

Old April 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
I just wanted to say on FireStarter Version 2, two of the RttFF walls are placed illegally, and therefore won't fit comfortably on the map!

Dang it, I forgot to go back and fix that in the PDF. Someone else noticed that and I was planning on fixing it. Thanks for reminding me.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 15th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Thumbs up Re: Dignan's Multiplayer Maps - New Maps 1/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:

Dang it, I forgot to go back and fix that in the PDF. Someone else noticed that and I was planning on fixing it. Thanks for reminding me.
I only noticed once I was building it a couple days ago... On the plus side, I have a whole folder now dedicated to your maps!!!

Fire Starter 2.0

I got a couple of games on this bad boy. I've always loved the original Fire Starter By R˙chean, so I didn't find it a surprise that I loved this one, but what amazed me is how you kept the feel of the map the same even with changing the height on the sides. It really does make the map "Bigger & Badder."

I'm actually very impressed how you upgraded the map to a bigger version and yet it still keeps it appeal, and the feeling of being rushed even though it's bigger, you still run into your opponent as fast and start conflict that much sooner, on about the second round depending on the player, the game should be very cutthroat and close quartered!

The fact that their can be four players makes the action that much quicker, and if one try's to avoid it, they will be in trouble.

If you haven't played the original Firestarter... play it as soon as you can.

I would highly suggest you play both versions if you have the chance because the both may change the way you think about army building. I just wish more maps had the balls to start you on lava!

from me Dignan!

Old September 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Re: Dignan's Multiplayer Maps - New Map 9/09

9/9: Just re-uploading Sacrifice after the website setback.

Map: Sacrifice
Date Uploaded: 9/09/09
Requires: 3 RotV, 2 SotM, 2 TJ

Old November 10th, 2009, 04:46 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Our Seattle group played several team matches on CRADLE of TITANS and had a fantastic time! Excellent map .. thank you for sharing!!!

*Kai
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM

InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker

Cradle of Titans was sweet. =) I felt like a meanie, but I played 4x rats and 3x Microcorp. Those rats sitting on the wound glyphs just hosed the other armies… I think I used one squad of my Microcorps and didn't lose any? And a teammate with Syvvris up in a tower works pretty well…

I really liked how those wound glyphs were so protected, but I might make them something less useful so as to not encourage an all rat army.
Old November 11th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When you're making multi-player maps (everyone vs everyone, not team), do you have a "rule" of how many spaces you put between players?

How important is it to stop a player getting shot in their start zone before they get a turn?

Would giving the a low(est) groundstart zone adjacent bonus giving jungle trees be a good way to mitigate this?

Any nuggets of wisdom you can throw out there that you've figured out form building these maps?

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; November 11th, 2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: I loved Cradele of Titan untill I played against 4 squads of rats, krav, Microcorp x 2, and Laglor. Ouch! So painful...
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
When you're making multi-player maps (everyone vs everyone, not team), do you have a "rule" of how many spaces you put between players?

How important is it to stop a player getting shot in their start zone before they get a turn?

Would giving the a low(est) groundstart zone adjacent bonus giving jungle trees be a good way to mitigate this?

Any nuggets of wisdom you can throw out there that you've figured out form building these maps?
I don't really have any set guidelines. It's really different with each map I make for free for all games. The free for all maps I put together are more haphazard in their construction than my two player maps. I just start throwing terrain at the map until I hit a point I think is fair. It's just a whole lot of guess and test.

Old November 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dignan,

I was examining "...To Grandmother's House we Go." and I believe it uses 6 RotV because of the 12 Sand 3-hex pieces it uses. I'm not sure if you can replace those tiles with other sand hexes available or not, or if you meant to use extra tiles from SotM, but as it stands currently, the map uses 6 RotV.

Really nice maps by the way.
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Dignan,

I was examining "...To Grandmother's House we Go." and I believe it uses 6 RotV because of the 12 Sand 3-hex pieces it uses. I'm not sure if you can replace those tiles with other sand hexes available or not, or if you meant to use extra tiles from SotM, but as it stands currently, the map uses 6 RotV.

Really nice maps by the way.
Yeah, I need to adjust the build instructions. You can substitute other tiles in there as you don't actually need that many 3 hexers. I think that you'll actually have enough material to build this one if you have three master sets.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios