Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
Umrak - Orc Champion

Hi Scapers!

Please help me balancing the card for this orc mini... thx! What do you think of his values so far

Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old May 11th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think his move is too high. He looks like a big oaf. I would suggest moving it down to 5 (to match Krug).

The way he is I think he is slightly less powerful than Krug. With 4 defense, 5 Life and Disengage I dunno....He seems mighty tough...By that I mean it seems like he will be on the field for a long time (barring some badly timed bad rolls).

Not sure on the Human Hatred thing...6 attack against humans is pretty powerful, considering most of the humans are pretty weak. But then again it is limited to humans only....maybe if you just made it +2.
Old May 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM

hi netherspirit,

i just took him away a move point, you are right, he does not really look like a sprinter...

+3 against human is not too much i think, carr costs the same and always attacks at least with 6 dice any adjacent unit and even has range...

Chicano.

Old May 11th, 2006, 09:38 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
I like this card. I like the Human Hatred. It might be slightly powerful, but I am no good judge...

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:31 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Comparing him to the other orc champions, I think he is more powerful than Tornak and about the same as Grimnak. Without playtesting, I would suggest 120 points. With his ability to attack all adjacent figs, he is definately more powerful than Tornak.

Hammer Swing should be a special attack.

He will be a great addition to an orc army.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:12 PM

ServantOfUtgar has disabled reputation
I like him. You should state the hammer swing as a special with typical special attack wording.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:15 PM

Bobbo has disabled reputation
[bunch of nitpicks]
Yeah, to echo everyone else, you should have "Hammer Swing Special Attack : Attack 3 Range 1 Hammer swing affects all enemy figures adjacent to Umrak" or something to that effect.

Also, if you want to use the official wording, it would be "human figures" not "Human units", since "unit" isn't a Heroscape term.

You also don't need "Orc Champion" as the type, since his race is already orc.

Human Hatred sounds a little less awkward than Hatred Humans. Or you could use Hates Humans.

On the range, it says "1 spaces" and it should be "1 space".

I'd say that you misspelled "defense" but then a bunch of UK people would start yelling at me, so I won't
[/bunch of nitpicks]

Other than those nitpicks, the figure looks pretty good. He does seem comprable to Carr, but attacks slightly differently with a different focus. I would cost him at 110 points, because he does seem better than Carr is.

Is that a figure that you painted yourself? It's very caveman like.

I got nuthin...
Old May 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo
I'd say that you misspelled "defense" but then a bunch of UK people would start yelling at me, so I won't
Oh, he did misspell it. If you wanna go all UK about it, then he misspelled it in the stat block.

As for the cardm, I feel he is too beefy for an Orc. Note that the two "solid" Orcs in HS are both ridind dinosaurs, which clearly explain their high life values. I'd keep him in between Tornak and Guilty in durability, and reduce his cost accordingly.

Krug is a Troll, Umrak is an unmounted Orc; the two shouldn't really compare!
Old May 12th, 2006, 05:02 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo
Oh, he did misspell it. If you wanna go all UK about it, then he misspelled it in the stat block.
You can please some of the people all the time, and you can please all of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Nice card. If I get an appropriate fig, I might play it.
Old May 12th, 2006, 05:25 PM

Hi,

Thx all for the hints, i corrected some errors on the card. Any help about wording is appreciated, my english is not so good...

I donīt want to increase the cost, most of the times we play 4 player scenarios and we draft for 400 points. And i want to try a themed army next time: Grimnak, blade gruts, arrow gruts, tornak and mmmh, umrak. Thatīs 400 points...

The mini is custom painted, but not by me... But the paint shop is really well done. Looking forward to playtest umrak.

Bye, Chicano.

Old May 12th, 2006, 05:36 PM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
You can please some of the people all the time, and you can please all of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
And if you try to, you just might end up displeasing everyone...
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:22 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
I really like that you gave him a proper name, instead of simply calling him "Orc Champion." That may seem like a little thing but part of HS's appeal is the personalities of the figures. When a lot of us make customs, we give them a functionary title, like "Soulberg Captain," or something like that. Having a proper name helps him to fit into the whole HS setting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards