Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old September 29th, 2014, 10:00 PM

SheapCreaper Woo who?
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

A last-minute 'good luck' to all!
Old September 29th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm doin' the judging now--hold yer horses...

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 29th, 2014, 11:01 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I'm doin' the judging now--hold yer horses...
Well that's a given. I await to see the results, so that the next prompt may be told.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old September 29th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Exclamation Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

And now for the results...

Four excellent stories, four professional writers, and a single judge... It is up to me to decide which one is the best at the prompt I myself had given them...
As Dysole's unborn story lay dead on the floor, all I could do was smoke my cherry pipe and muse to myself as to who had done the deed. The poor chap hadn't even had the chance to write his own story before he was already gone. But then, his time was up.
Only one of the writers could be good enough to get away with murder. Elven Lord, The New Guy, The Grim Reaper's Friend, and Crixus33... I had a feeling that before I cracked the case, not all of them would make it. Unfortunately the evidence was scarce and my brain was exhausted from all this judging. Risky as it was, it'd have to wait the night. There wasn't enough evidence to rule out the real killer. The killer would have to create new evidence for me...

Fourth Place
Spoiler Alert!

Who could have done it? Again, little evidence was left behind. But this is the internet, and as such evidence can be hard to come by, unless the killer posted it on his Facebook page. I figured I knew my fellow Heroscapers well enough to know who's posts were who's even without reading their names.
Aggravatingly vague... I was typically the one doing the stumping with my own work. This time, however, I was the one who was puzzled. Little did I know, the killer was planning on narrowing down the suspects even further. I only hoped I could figure it out before the murderer was the only one left.

Third Place
Spoiler Alert!

Now there were only two suspects left. If I failed to figure out the case before the next murder, then it'd just be me... and the winner of this contest--a writer so good at making a murder mystery that they could flawlessly get away with murder in real life. I double-checked and cross referenced my stories. Which one was written like a true murder-mystery novel? If I could figure it out before the next strike then...

Second and First Place (no process of elimination for you!)
Spoiler Alert!

I knew only the greatest of mystery-writers could get away with such crimes so flawlessly, picking off the other stories without so much as a trace. But then, I should have known from the very beginning. You're new, and without any set-in-stone mannerisms or even a signature, there was no internet-evidence to be left behind. Ingenious to be sure, but a case closed is a case closed.
I say congratulations to the winner, they almost got away with a perfect murder-mystery. But I managed to judge them, and they've got nothing but a cold, hard cell and a prompt for the rest of their week. Looks like they'll have to sit this next one out.

As the winner is led out by the internet-authorities, my dear friend--the Marro Warlord Gen-Til-Man--tips his top hat to me and smiles devilishly before heading out the door and disappearing into the dark, rainy abyss.
Congratulations, you got the killer... Or did you? My old friend...
I look down at myself, only to find my hands clutching a knife and a bloodied set of fan-fic papers. What gives the judge the right to judge? I found the killer by my own preference of stories! Does that make me... the true killer!?

Anyway, congrats all for your excellent stories, and congrats to our winner SheapCreaper! Now it's your turn to come up with a Prompt for next week (month).
~TAF, done wasting time

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 29th, 2014, 11:35 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Congratulations on the win Sheapcreaper! Can't wait to see what prompt you will come up with!

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:10 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Oh.

So it looks like no one was planning on doing the Clue ripoff I was thinking of. Oh well. I didn't have time anyways.

~Dysole, congratulating SheapCreaper
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:51 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well. That was quite the announcement. You literally had me on the edge of my seat waiting to see who the winner would be.
Congrats to Sheapcreaper on winning and on continuing the long upheld tradition of the new guy winning on his first entry! I should have known I didn't stand a chance against a new contestant.
Despite my earlier assurances, I really was not with the program on this one. I'm surprised I got second. When I read over it, it seemed fairly obvious who the killer was. (After all, you know from line one basically who it's going to be.) It was my intention to not post the first bit, and just start with Carr, but I was so out of it that I forgot to do even that.
Ah well. Maybe next time. I need to get this prompt out.
~TGRF.
Old September 30th, 2014, 02:47 PM

SheapCreaper Woo who?

The SheapCreaper casually hangs his cloak upon a hook, sheathes his bloody dagger, and sits down at his desk to plan his next dastardly deed...

In other words, the prompt is coming soon. Thanks for the congrats, everyone!
Old September 30th, 2014, 09:30 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Visions of prompts doth appear,
As Sheapcreaper sits idly by.
Or else he has fled in fear,
Of what we might let fly.

Flying meat, past its prime?
Or perhaps pencils, sharpened well?
Some may say, "more time!"
But my tales, I must tell.

~TGRF, eagerly waiting.
Old October 1st, 2014, 12:11 AM

SheapCreaper Woo who?

High atop the rumbling Dumutef Falls, a figure stood watch. He stared at the tarnished stone bridge below, eyes tracing its cobbled length. The bridge was hardly wide enough for two people to cross shoulder to shoulder. Hard to believe…
The figure’s eyes roamed to the darkening trees of the Forgotten Forest. The pines grew dense and thick, a perfect place for an ambush. An attacker could sneak to within five feet of you, and you would never know until it was too late. Of course, the attacker would have to find you first… not an easy task.
The dark eyes moved slowly to the dark path coming from the west. The setting sun cast an orange glow over the road… well, what was technically a road. The rutted and scarred ground, blanketed with exposed roots and rotting bark, challenged the path’s claim on the forest floor, pushing back at the order of kyrie and men.
The figure reflected upon the oddity of having this bridge in the middle of Dumutef. Before the Rise, the only intelligent species in Valhalla had no use for bridges. The kyrie could fly; the Elementars could simply melt into the earth and arrive on the other side of the falls. Yet this was clearly a structure that was made centuries ago, long before the Rise was even a speck on the horizon. Its builders could never have imagined the critical role it would play in the war.
Why would there be a bridge in Valhalla?
The SheapCreaper gathered his cloak more tightly around him. Night was setting in; he would have to leave soon. Somehow, though, the dusk and gloom settling into the Forgotten Forest seemed to draw him further in. He knit his brows; his curiosity grew like the darkness billowing across the thundering water of the Dumutef River.

Spoiler Alert!

And so the chroniclers rode out from their retreat in search of the story. The SheapCreaper watched from his window. He wished rather wistfully that he was joining them on their search; it was, after all, his idea to pursue this quest. He turned away, staring around at his empty chambers. He had other matters to attend to.
Old October 1st, 2014, 12:18 AM

So we're free to make the history whatever we want, from boring conversation to gripping death scene? Or is there supposed to be a war above the falls?
~TGRF.
Old October 1st, 2014, 12:44 AM

SheapCreaper Woo who?

The SheapCreaper was roused by the sudden return of one of his brethren. When he heard the chronicler's question, he slowly shrugged.

"If you wish to chronicle the battle of the bridge instead of the bridge's origin, then by all means, go ahead. Do keep in mind, however, that the battle is still fresh in our memories; it can be chronicled at any time. You know what I am curious about. The origin of a bridge in the middle of nowhere in a world where no one has a use for it can hardly be anything if not exciting. But, if your curiosity lies elsewhere, far be it for me to stop you. Good luck with whatever path you choose."

The SheapCreaper was silent, then spoke again, almost as an afterthought. "Don't discount anything you find out. Don't narrow your search. If you find something in the bridge's history that had a bearing on the battle, that would make it all the more interesting."

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction