Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old July 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Trekscape-Art-Card layout

Last call for changes. We are geting ready to card McCoy so we should finalise the cards soon.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:20 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Should we differentiate the logos based on what era. I.E. the Federation and Klingon insignias could look different for TOS, Movie, TNG/DS9/Voyager, and Reboot characters.
The card layout looks great. Personally, I would liek to see different Trek Logos for different Eras. From http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_insignia

TOS:

TOS Movies:

TNG/DS9:

TNG Movies:

Reboot:

Klingons and other factions have differences too
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:22 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I am cool with that. What do people think. Should the larger box on the bottom be Gliff sized?

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

If we can make the logos different for each era, that would be cool.

If the box can be glyph size and shape, that would be beneficial. Then any equipment/artifact/treasure glyph we create could be placed there and not cover other vital info.

Can the tricorder be made a little smaller? If it would cause the traits text to be too small, then don't bother.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 21st, 2010, 07:44 PM

OK small problem. I ran into a scale issue. Working with the card at double size I thought the spot for the gliffs would fit. It dose not. I could leave only one window in the bottom under the arrow, or put 3 of the smaller windows I have there.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:11 PM

Ok I Made the tricorder smaller.
I fuzzed Siscoon the bottom and raised and embosed him and DS-9

I know it is the wrong era symbol, But I wanted to try one of the new ones. I embosed it as well. So we have an unused space on the bottom. I could put the large box back put 3 small boxes. I vote just leave it black and center the symbol box. If we ever have someone who stuns and say flys, or has SS or whatever, I will add more boxes on that card. I can fit 3 but that would be pushing it. I think.

Do you think the text is two small now. I printed it out at. 4.74 inches. It is legable. I printed high quality on regular cardstock. Photo paper would be kick butt.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:31 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post

Ok I Made the tricorder smaller.
I fuzzed Siscoon the bottom and raised and embosed him and DS-9

I know it is the wrong era symbol, But I wanted to try one of the new ones. I embosed it as well. So we have an unused space on the bottom. I could put the large box back put 3 small boxes. I vote just leave it black and center the symbol box. If we ever have someone who stuns and say flys, or has SS or whatever, I will add more boxes on that card. I can fit 3 but that would be pushing it. I think.

Do you think the text is two small now. I printed it out at. 4.74 inches. It is legable. I printed high quality on regular cardstock. Photo paper would be kick butt.

Pete
I like the smaller tricorder. It doesn't seem to crowd that side as much. Can you set the emboss level a little lower for the other images? I like the effect, but I think it might be better if it was a little more subtle.

On a slightly different subject, but still related to the cards. I've been working on modifying the scripts for MSE to be able to load custom card blanks. I had a breakthrough today. I've been able to get a custom set to show up and be able to select different card templates. The next hurdle will be shaping and sizing the image and text masks. If I am successful, I should be able to do it for our TrekScape cards, too. The text mask should solve our issue with the funky shape of the arrowhead. I'll keep you posted.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:05 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Can you drop the font on the MRAD stats a bit to allow for a little space between DEFENSE and 3? They seemed crunched for space.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Can you drop the font on the MRAD stats a bit to allow for a little space between DEFENSE and 3? They seemed crunched for space.

I am going to try to nudge them to give it a little more space first. The font is already at 4 I am looking at geting rid of the semi circle of green in each stat box and making the words bigger again.

I will see If I can mess with the degree of embosing, I never have before.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:18 PM

Worked on the Embosing levels, I droped them on Sisko the station and the symbol {Galahad}. However I upped them on the edge and the small screen on the bottom, just a bit. I shiften the starfield so the quazar is farther away from the name {mac}

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
Worked on the Embosing levels, I droped them on Sisko the station and the symbol {Galahad}. However I upped them on the edge and the small screen on the bottom, just a bit. I shiften the starfield so the quazar is farther away from the name {mac}

Centered the Symbol box are we ready to go. If so I can Card McCoy.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM

The only thing that doesn't look quite right is the stun symbol screen - compared to the rest of the card, it's too plain. Could it be made to look more like one of the screens of the tricorder?
Other than that, I'd like to see how McCoy looks on there.

Said it before, but it needs to be said again: Nice job, Felindar!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum