Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old December 7th, 2010, 08:47 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Exclusive Figures Repaints - A How-To Guide to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Could an Admin. please remove the Nerak, Hawethorne and EOV repaints? They're a little obsolete, and seeing a stickied thread out of date just doesn't sit well with me.
I disagree. Just because there are other ways of obtaining them doesn't mean folks who have extras of those other figs should have a thread to tell them how to repaint. And since HS is now a "legacy product" (i refuse to say finished) repainting is our best shot at new figs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
I was hoping to find a Samual Brown guide here. Any idea if someone is planning to do such a thing?

Thanks much!
Without an official figure it is hard to judge the colors of paint to be applied to the miniature. You'll just have to guess by what you can tell from looking at the card and go to town.
+1 Winona, No way Rob! Being partially color-blind myself I refuse to believe that some kind soul out there won't venture a better guess on my behalf.
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The brown used on Sam is called Maple Syrup by Folkart. The cantine and knife sheath are Dark Olive also by Folkart

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Heh, perhaps but I can't take into account the color blind because then I'd have to take into account the totally blind and making a painting guide for them is very hard.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:09 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

er.. dup?
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Heh, perhaps but I can't take into account the color blind because then I'd have to take into account the totally blind and making a painting guide for them is very hard.
Lol, discriminate allready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
The brown used on Sam is called Maple Syrup by Folkart. The cantine and knife sheath are Dark Olive also by Folkart
W00t! I would rep you but whats the point?
Old December 14th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow I had forgotten about this thread, TIME TO UPDATE

Ill do it this week need find good pictures of Mr Brown and give it a shot myself Ill hide the older figures under a Spoiler tag for those who are interested in seeing them still
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:04 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'm working on a monk repaint to make him Woo. What color paint should I use to match the original wash? Is it black, or more brownish? What color is used for normal Heroscape figures? (I guess by normal, I mean figures that aren't obviously different, like red/brown on Marro figs, white on GIE, blue on Siege, etc.)
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:35 AM

Fatboy Chubby is surprisingly tart

This is a perfect thread, I have just been discussing exactly how to do Sam Brown and this answers all my questions-thanks!

My Trade List
GOOD TRADES: Screwdriver, Rodriquez X2, Gurei-Ornery X2
Old January 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I will be trying out the Samuel Brown repaint this week and post step by step my mistakes er process that I take so that others may laugh ... er avoid ..or something

Porkins, sorry I didnt understand your question. I have done a Woo Repaint and I will post a picture for you to see if it helps. The only color I remember that I had to mix to get just right was the orange on his cloak. Everything else seemed to match pre-exisiting games workshop colors. As for the skin I avoided touching it so it remained the orignal color.
Old January 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM

Sam Brown's tunic is painted in Folkart's Maple syrup but, I can't get it in Australia so does anybody know what the nearest Games Workshop colour is or which colours to blend?

My Trade List
Old January 26th, 2011, 07:20 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Chubby View Post
Sam Brown's tunic is painted in Folkart's Maple syrup but, I can't get it in Australia so does anybody know what the nearest Games Workshop colour is or which colours to blend?
Well, I just used an Apple Barrel darker brown, and it turned out fine. I'd post pictures, but I painted him for someone else and don't have him anymore.
Old January 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Chubby View Post
Well, I just used an Apple Barrel darker brown, and it turned out fine. I'd post pictures, but I painted him for someone else and don't have him anymore.
Hi! Sorry is A'pple barrel' a brand name or is that a GW paint colour?

My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions