Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 31st, 2010, 01:07 PM

Templar has disabled reputation
Re: Heroscape Noob

Thanks for the reply everyone. Is heroscape not going to be made at all anymore, or are D&D lines going to continue?
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:11 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Thanks for the reply everyone. Is heroscape not going to be made at all anymore, or are D&D lines going to continue?
Nope, it's dead. Not sort of dead, but dead dead.

Events will still take place, but whatever stores have now is whatever they will be getting in. There will be no more Heroscape figures or waves made.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Wizards of the Coast announces that it will be discontinuing the Heroscape line.

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Sadly, WotC has stopped producing the game. Some companies are still trying to pick it up, but there isn't much news on that yet. If a new company does pick it up, there wouldn't be any more DnD units, because DnD is owned by WotC.

Most people would rather see classic 'Scape return anyway.
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:17 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
Sadly, WotC has stopped producing the game. Some companies are still trying to pick it up, but there isn't much news on that yet. If a new company does pick it up, there wouldn't be any more DnD units, because DnD is owned by WotC.

And if another company gets it, it will be at least a couple of years before another wave is released. When WizKids lost HeroClix, it was about 2 years or so before another company released any product, and that was with figures already created and tested.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:35 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

SoV and CV3 are still making "official" customs.
(I'll find links and include them. Getting 'em now.)
The trade theard is a great place to look and you will liking not get burned (I haven't.) Also, as others have said, proxy.
Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion
C3V Customs

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; January 2nd, 2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: At neg repper- I made an honest mistake trying to help someone!
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:31 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
SoV and CV3 are still making (or testing) official customs.
(I'll find links and include them. Getting 'em now.)
The trade theard is a great place to look and you will liking not get burned (I haven't.) Also, as others have said, proxy.
They are not official they will be however, cool and worth your time.

also I'd like to tell you what I believe the the best quality waves (not including DND)

(best on top)

wave 8
wave 1
wave 2
wave 9
wave 3
wave 7
wave 5/10
wave 6
wave 4
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:42 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Templar,
Note that the rankings that came out for D&D were sometimes before the units were even released, and never more than a week out. Therefore, these are not useful. The classic units had plenty of time before some of the members had ranked them, and are quite well accepted in the metagame (i.e. 24 start zone competitive maps).

Remember that House Mouse Games gives free shipping for >$150.
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:09 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:

Even though I hate d&d scape as much as the next guy, this post just convinced me to buy more of it while its still at msrp. Thanks!
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:05 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

Somebody mentioned proxies earlier. For any new players, you have to think creatively. Get the cards/stats here and look for figs that will fill in. For instance, my Jotun is a minotaur from the craft store. Can't find the Airborne Elite or SGT Drake? Tamiya WWII US infantry - 12 poses, $10 (some assemble required.).

Not one step backwards!
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:01 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Great first thread and post!

You have received some good advice thus far. Visit the sites listed on the home page of this site to find your best deals. I have used wargamersHQ, coolstuffinc, and auggie's without issue, but never housemouse because their prices seem to rise faster than the others. Try and stay away from ebay as long as possible, but if you see a good deal, do not be afraid to jump on it. Keep Amazon in mind as well as they occasionally have awesome deals.

I have probably spent somewhere around $2000, but I have just about everything and atleast 3 of each. I, like so many others on this site, tend to horde by buying in bulk. When I sell some of it off to fund my yearly trip to GenCon, I'll shoot you a PM to give you first crack at it. I'd rather sell it to someone just starting out.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:43 AM

Templar has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Great first thread and post!

You have received some good advice thus far. Visit the sites listed on the home page of this site to find your best deals. I have used wargamersHQ, coolstuffinc, and auggie's without issue, but never housemouse because their prices seem to rise faster than the others. Try and stay away from ebay as long as possible, but if you see a good deal, do not be afraid to jump on it. Keep Amazon in mind as well as they occasionally have awesome deals.

I have probably spent somewhere around $2000, but I have just about everything and atleast 3 of each. I, like so many others on this site, tend to horde by buying in bulk. When I sell some of it off to fund my yearly trip to GenCon, I'll shoot you a PM to give you first crack at it. I'd rather sell it to someone just starting out.
Thanks a ton!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion