Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 11th, 2017, 04:55 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart
Re: HS2010's Map Thread - Gauntlet - 2/11/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Got a brand new map to show everybody. Time for everyone to start running!

Gauntlet
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 VW, 1 TT, 1 TJ
Great job! Looks great. I want to build it! Too bad I don't have Volcarren wasteland. Or Thaelnek Tundra. Or anything but RoTV...

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:05 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
You should have entered this in the Wilds of Valhalla contest! Looks really fun, honestly. I think it's too hard for melee figures to move laterally, but the three zones look balanced at a first look, so nice work on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post
Great job! Looks great. I want to build it! Too bad I don't have Volcarren wasteland. Or Thaelenk Tundra. Or anything but RoTV...
Thank you both for the feedback! I tinkered around with it some more yesterday after I posted and tonight... I've got a flip-flopped Tundra area, remodeled lower layers, and 4 possible setups for the Jungle glyph. Here are those four setups:

2.0 - Original glyph setup but this shows the new Tundra area

As you can see I also changed the ruin placement. I'm not really sure what to do with them. Suggestions? Also, I'm thinking C3V's Glyph of Frosa (Freeze) on the lava side and the Glyph of Valda (Move +2) on the Jungle side would be great glyph suggestions. Thoughts on recommended glyphs or just a typical random pool?

EDIT: Forgot to put the T-Glyphs back in after I remodeled the Tundra... They go on the rock hex on each side.
Old February 12th, 2017, 06:13 AM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

Looks great!!! What I would do with the ruins is just turn them so that they're across the front of your starting zone, giving cover to any key figures who you don't need to move. (Think Mittens or my Death-Skin custom...)

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 12th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow, I'm in love with this map. It's definitely my favorite of yours and might be my favorite of the maps that have been posted as of late (Wilds of Valhalla contest). I just really dig the three zones and nature differences, going along with this intense name. Glyph placements look good, the cover is useful throughout, and each section is solid.

I definitely think the original version of Gauntlet is superior to the other versions. Props heroscaper2010.
Old February 12th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Whoops, thought those versions were older versions. Edited my above post. I think the first one you posted is much better than the others, both mechanically and aesthetically.

As far as glyphs i like them all random. But I'd need to play on it to know if specific static glyphs would be ideal, that's typically a hard thing to figure out in map building.
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:25 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Wow, I'm in love with this map. It's definitely my favorite of yours and might be my favorite of the maps that have been posted as of late (Wilds of Valhalla contest). I just really dig the three zones and nature differences, going along with this intense name. Glyph placements look good, the cover is useful throughout, and each section is solid.

I definitely think the original version of Gauntlet is superior to the other versions. Props heroscaper2010.
Thank you! I'll be honest, the theme of the three zones and even the map name itself is taken from Call of Duty: Black Ops 3's Gauntlet map:

The Tundra is even in the middle with Jungle on its side. Only difference is Lava compared to Urban (you could do a Marvel version but that violates BoV guidelines).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I think the first one you posted is much better than the others, both mechanically and aesthetically.

As far as glyphs i like them all random. But I'd need to play on it to know if specific static glyphs would be ideal, that's typically a hard thing to figure out in map building.
@kevindola (C3V Playtest Unit, Stingers x4, and Raelin) and I (KoW x3, Glibert, Denrick, C3V's Orrick, and Eldgrim) just played a game in which the lava was hardly used. In the original version with the big Glacier near the lava area, it blocked a lot of the LoS into the tundra area. That's why I switched it so that there's a little more LoS into the middle tundra (giving more reason to go onto the lava).

kd liked the water and the glyph in there. Gameplay wise, it sets the glyph 8 spaces away from the level 3 snow hexes, forcing most range to move down onto the ice or even into the Jungle section. He mentioned putting Astrid or Gerda down there (I like Astrid in this case). Not sure what to do with the lava glyph yet...

I'd be interested to hear more about your reasons for liking the original version more aesthetically and mechanically. And what about the ruins? They did work well for me in my game against kd as I hid my last Knight back there as he barked out orders to his Human Champions.
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Where was this map a week ago. Its beautiful. Man this could have been a contender in the last map contest.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Where was this map a week ago. Its beautiful. Man this could have been a contender in the last map contest.
Divided into 3 other maps for our tournament.

Unfortunate timing for the contest. I do appreciate y'alls support in saying it would've been a great submission to the contest though.

Last edited by Sheep; February 13th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It is a cool idea for a map. Doesn't it use too many sets for the contest, though?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 16th, 2017, 05:20 PM

HS2010's Map Thread - Gauntlet 4.2 - 2/16/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
It is a cool idea for a map. Doesn't it use too many sets for the contest, though?
I just went to check. You are correct.

Thanks to everyone so far for the support anyways. I have an updated version.

Gauntlet 4.2
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:13 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: HS2010's Map Thread - Gauntlet 4.2 - 2/16/17

I actually really like this map...looks like a lot of fun.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 3rd, 2017, 08:16 PM

HS2010's Map Thread - Gauntlet 5.0 - 3/3/2017

New version of Gauntlet:

Gauntlet 5.0

The power glyphs are now officially Attack +1, Move +2, and C3V's Freeze (represented by a random glyph). The treasure glyphs are also set to C3V's Lava Resistance (represented by Glyphs of Brandar). I have yet to see it in the games I've played so far but the idea is (and hopefully it happens sometime) one game has a pivotal fight between two Heroes with the lava resistance glyph.

Speaking of lava, the lava section got a big boost with this version (besides the T-Glyphs). It's much cleaner and easier to get on and off of the lava (using the rock as a safe zone). The highest level is also a level lower now.

EDIT: Also an update on Sabertooth Jungle:

Sabertooth Jungle 4.0
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 TT, 1 TJ

Special Build Instructions (also stated at the bottom of the .pdf):
- All of the Outcrop bases are used as Shadow hexes (no Outcrops)
- 4 of the 6 1-hex Glacier Mountain bases are used as Ice hexes (no Glacier Mountains)

Last edited by Sheep; March 26th, 2017 at 01:46 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios