Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old October 12th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Aqualung is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Deadlands: Reloaded

Any other Deadlands: Reloaded fans out here?

For those who haven't heard of it, Deadlands: Reloaded is a pen-and-paper RPG by Pinnacle Entertainment. It uses the Savage Worlds rules system - which is extremely easy to learn, by the way - with a few minor changes.

If you haven't heard of it before, well... I have a few words for you.

Wild West fantasy horror steampunk.

If that does not make you drool, see a doctor immediately to confirm that you are still alive and human.

You can find more information here, and, if you haven't played it already, I highly encourage you to do so. The link I just posted has a group of pregenerated characters and links to several one-sheet adventures (premade mini-adventures designed to be played in a single session), as well as a test-drive rules set, to get you on your way. Enjoy!

Now, for those of us who have already experienced the awesomeness that is Deadlands...

Are you a sodbuster or a Marshal? A hex-slinging gambler or a Revelations-quoting holy man? A questionably-sane "new scientist" or an ex-sheriff? What are your most memorable experiences in the Weird West? Your favorite adventure? Favorite character?

And can you still remember December's foggy breeze,
When the ice that clings onto your beard was screaming agony?

- Jethro Tull, "Aqualung"
Old October 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM

Mnygaard is surprisingly tart
Re: Deadlands: Reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

For those who haven't heard of it, Deadlands: Reloaded is a pen-and-paper RPG by Pinnacle Entertainment. It uses the Savage Worlds rules system - which is extremely easy to learn, by the way - with a few minor changes.

If that does not make you drool, see a doctor immediately to confirm that you are still alive and human.

You can find more information here, and, if you haven't played it already, I highly encourage you to do so. The link I just posted has a group of pregenerated characters and links to several one-sheet adventures (premade mini-adventures designed to be played in a single session), as well as a test-drive rules set, to get you on your way. Enjoy!

Now, for those of us who have already experienced the awesomeness that is Deadlands...

Are you a sodbuster or a Marshal? A hex-slinging gambler or a Revelations-quoting holy man? A questionably-sane "new scientist" or an ex-sheriff? What are your most memorable experiences in the Weird West? Your favorite adventure? Favorite character?
I'm a huge fan of Savage Worlds - Deadlands: Reloaded included. I've even published 1 book for the system Dogs of Hades: http://savagemojo.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=172 (2 more to come in the same setting).

Savage Worlds was one of the reasons I bought 7 Rise of the Valkyrie sets without knowing anything about Heroscape at all.
Old November 19th, 2016, 07:22 AM

jennifer knows what's in an order marker jennifer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnygaard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

I'm a huge fan of Savage Worlds - Deadlands: Reloaded included. I've even published 1 book for the system Dogs of Hades: http://savagemojo.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=172 (2 more to come in the same setting).

Savage Worlds was one of the reasons I bought 7 Rise of the Valkyrie sets without knowing anything about Heroscape at all.
So how did savage worlds lead you to buy heroscapers terrain? I'm interested because I have heroscape rise of valkyrie and just now learning about savage worlds.
Old November 19th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I have had my eye on Deadlands for awhile now but have never tried it.
Sounds like one to try at Gen Con next year.

I would also like to know the Savage World to Heroscape connection.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games