Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 28th, 2023, 01:48 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, Please separate Size and height, or list both separately in addition to what you currently have.
Old November 6th, 2023, 11:32 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, Please separate Size and height, or list both separately in addition to what you currently have.
I just added these 2 additional sorts (and re-named the existing one to "Size + Height").

Looks right to me on an initial test, but let me know if anything looks off.

Might require a force-refresh to see the changes depending on your browser settings.
Old November 7th, 2023, 12:35 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Added links to create OHS games for OHS-enabled maps from the maps page on the individual map and the homepage 'highlighted' map if it's OHS-enabled.
Old November 7th, 2023, 07:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Added links to create OHS games for OHS-enabled maps from the maps page on the individual map and the homepage 'highlighted' map if it's OHS-enabled.
Love this!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 16th, 2023, 07:30 PM

Some changes to map-making & editing permissions & access on the site.

First off: when you are logged in, you should now see a new option on the nav bar labeled "Me". This is the public page that previously just listed your tournament attendance & record. It's now also used for maps. You can see all the maps for a given author by looking at their page, and see your own maps on your page. Map pages now link the author's name to their public page as well.

Regarding permissions, it is now the case that anyone with an account can create new maps. You can only edit maps that have you as the "Author" on, however, unless you have the higher permission level that I've passed out to a few people who offered to help with data entry previously.

When you're on your own page, you should see a button below your maps labeled "Add New Heroscape Map". If you click that, a form will open up that lets you enter the info for the map. Then click 'Save'. Note you'll have to refresh the page to see it listed in your maps if you are the author.

From any given Map's individual map page, if you have edit permission (either because it's your map, or because you have the higher permissions) you should see a set of fields below the tournament usage of the map where you can click the orange pencil icon to edit the data. Should look similar to creating new maps.

Note: If you are entering maps, PLEASE make sure to enter the data correctly. I'd rather not have a map present at all than have it listed with incorrect or missing terrain requirements, for example, as it's very hard for me to track down incorrectly entered data in the future. And please always put the terrain requirements.

The last thing on maps is called 'Tags' - these are just there to provide some way of filtering/searching on the page that lists all maps. The only tag that most maps have gotten so far is "Tournament", but feel free to apply whatever tags you want. If you want new tags that aren't available yet, let me know.

As with everything else, new stuff is always liable to break something or have issues. Just let me know. But I'm hopeful this makes it easier in the long run to get a lot more map data on the site.

- CP
Old November 17th, 2023, 12:49 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This update rocks. Makes updating my maps/accessing my page way easier
Old December 5th, 2023, 02:11 PM

Some Updates

1) Partial Card Scoring Page:
- Display the number of lives a hero has in the army display box
- Added +/- buttons inside each army display box (like the normal builder has)

2) Create OHS Game Page
- Added an image of the map (after you select a map from the dropdown)
Old December 5th, 2023, 03:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I also noticed you added a "ME" tab! That's a pretty cool feature

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 5th, 2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I also noticed you added a "ME" tab! That's a pretty cool feature
Oh yeah, that's been up for a bit.

Must have forgotten to post it here.
Old December 11th, 2023, 11:41 AM

Sorry in advance.

There was a data loss on the site this morning of terrain requirement data for maps (i.e. that Map X has RotV x1, RttFF x1, etc.). All the maps are still there, just missing the terrain requirement data.

This was due to a coding error I made this morning when trying to let maps get deleted (it chained the deletion in a way I did not expect that went beyond the scope of a single map).

Unfortunately I do not have a good backup to roll back to for this data.

I will be adding the data back manually over the next few days, going 1 map-maker at a time. However, anyone is welcome to re-enter their data themself as well if they want it on the site before I'm able to get to it.

Apologies for the mistake, and I hope to have it fixed soon.
Old December 11th, 2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Sorry in advance.

There was a data loss on the site this morning of terrain requirement data for maps (i.e. that Map X has RotV x1, RttFF x1, etc.). All the maps are still there, just missing the terrain requirement data.

This was due to a coding error I made this morning when trying to let maps get deleted (it chained the deletion in a way I did not expect that went beyond the scope of a single map).

Unfortunately I do not have a good backup to roll back to for this data.

I will be adding the data back manually over the next few days, going 1 map-maker at a time. However, anyone is welcome to re-enter their data themself as well if they want it on the site before I'm able to get to it.

Apologies for the mistake, and I hope to have it fixed soon.
Update: Almost all of the data has been re-entered. Effectively back to where it was.

If you see anything that looks wrong/missing, please let me know.
Old January 1st, 2024, 11:44 AM

I've decided to start a monthly backup of the full .org database incase something causes data loss in the future (like the bug that caused the Map Terrain Requirements to get deleted). Just did one this morning and plan to do a backup on the 1st of every month. Fyi

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software