Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:11 PM

Tyrnix is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Ornak

I wonder how he'd work with 2x grok riders + mbs + ngs?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:59 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I had good success using this army:

Ornak 100
Grimnak 220
Tornak 320
Heavy Gruts (x2) 460
Marcu 480
Isamu 490

You could add Onotashi to make it an even 500. Tornak is Tricky to boot.

The Heavy Gruts end up being your heavy hitters when you get them adjacent to Tornak or Grimnak and close to Ornak. You can't help but roll skulls! They almost single-handedly (okay, quadruple-handedly) dominated Q9 with minor casualties.
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:14 AM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

Can you use Ornak to use the same Unique Utgar hero twice on the first turn?

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:16 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by its me lol View Post
Can you use Ornak to use the same Unique Utgar hero twice on the first turn?
No sir.
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

Man, my friend beasted me last night because he used heavy gruts every turn, used them to bond with Ornak, used him to bond with TKN, took two turns with him, and then used heavy gruts. I knew it was unfair, but the card wasn't really clear about it so I let it go.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by its me lol
Man, my friend beasted me last night because he used heavy gruts every turn, used them to bond with Ornak, used him to bond with TKN, took two turns with him, and then used heavy gruts. I knew it was unfair, but the card wasn't really clear about it so I let it go.
Really? You found the wording on RFoF unclear?
Your friend did the following things wrong:
1)Using the Heavy Gruts to bond with Ornak means that he in turn CANNOT use RFoF, as the card says 'If order marker 1 is placed on Ornack
2)RRoF can only be used on turn 1.
3)As per the card - 'you may take a turn with up to 2 unique heroes'. Granted thats a LITTLE more unclear, but it still implies (to me anyway) that you can activate any two heroes, not one hero two times.

He'd be like 300 points if he could be used the way you described above... no wonder you lost!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Here's a weird question:

Does the Orc Battle Cry Aura extend to leaving engagment attacks?

The language in the rulebook repeatedly refers to them as attacks, and the Orc Battle Cry Aura counts all Utgar symbols as additional skulls. Do Heavy/Blade Gruts within Ornak's Aura have a 2/3 chance to score a hit in this way instead of the usual 50%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; July 17th, 2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Wrong aura!
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM

Heroic Monkey is surprisingly tart

EDIT: I just saw your edited post, and I don't know. I would say that the engagement strike is not enhanced, but I'm not sure.

I view a leaving engagement strike as a penalty for moving away from a figure, rather than an attack.

Last edited by Heroic Monkey; July 17th, 2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When attacking sounds to me like the ol' at what point during the turn routine... I'd guess the Aura does not work with passing swipes.
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:42 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Agreeing with Soul Shackle, a leaving engagement strike doesn't count as attacking. Good question.
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I read the rules again, read the card again. I'm pretty sure the aura applies. Jexik is correct that the rules almost go out of their way to call it an attack. Also, the note that each skull rolled causes a wound is fully compatible with Ornak's reading that each symbol counts as a skull. I'd say you don't want to break an engagement with an Orc

~Aldin, feeling blue

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:05 AM

It just doesn't seem the intention of the designers is there. I don't need to explain to you the doors that would be opened by allowing passing swipes to be modified unless the power states so specifically, i.e. Coward's Reward.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units