Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:18 AM

Batmite has disabled reputation
I need me some New Gods (and your help)

I just bought MarvelScape and played a game. Then I found this site with all these wonderful custom HS cards for DC! Now I want to try to make some customs myself as I prefer DC comics to Marvel (especially the 4th World stuff).

The problem is that after one MarvelScape game, I don't feel qualified to give stats and abilites to these guys.

Any chance someone out there can steer me to a listing of all HS abilites from the main game? and their costs? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS - I have copied most the DC customs cards from this site and will be trying them out soon. Thanks to everyone who was generous and talented enough to contribute to my fun!

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hey, Batmite! I saw your name on the "views in this section" and thought you must be a pretty cool person with a name like that. I'm glad you decided to start posting.
As to your question ... well, a while back I did a rough sketch of an idea for Mister Miracle. I never really finalized it and I feel it lacks a real feel for the character, as I'm pretty unfamiliar with the New Gods in general. He's also probably a bit underpowered for someone who is, technically, a "God".
But here's what I have for the stats/powers. Maybe it will generate a discussion.

MISTER MIRACLE
New God
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Tricky
Medium 5
DISAPPEAR 12
If Mister Miracle is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the D20 to disappear.
1-11, defend normally.
12 or higher, Mister Miracle takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces.
Mister Miracle can disappear only if he ends his disappearing move not adjacent to any enemy figures.
DISENGAGE
Mister Miracle is never attacked when leaving engagements.
ESCAPE DEATH 16
Any time Mister Miracle receives enough wounds to be destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from this card.
5 Life
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
130 pts.

Nothing on Orion or Kalibak at this point. And here I am, usually the go-to DC guy and all. :P

edit: PS those cards look really nice.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2007, 02:06 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wow, based on the reading I'm doing on Orion, I think the 340-360 range would be necessary to adequately reflect his power level.
I'd say the S (Superstrength) and probably a Tough ability are both needed for him, as well as flying. The Astro Harness and Astro Force sound like they could have as many powers as Green Lantern's Power Ring, though, so this guy isn't going to be easy to represent in a small amount of space.
As someone more familiar with him in the comics, if you had to pick and choose three representative powers (disregard flying and superstrength for this list), what powers would you choose? The ones that best represent him as a character, that is.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2007, 02:09 AM

Kalibak seems to represent the opposite problem. He's a simple beat stick (superstrength, invulnerability, a club that shoots nerve beams from what I'm reading on wiki), so it might be hard to find enough powers to really represent him as an individual.

Old July 19th, 2007, 11:18 PM

I love the stats for Mister Miracle. I hope you don't mind if I throw them on a card and post him (as your custom).

As for Orion, his primary abilites (after flying and s. strength) would be:
Durability (Hulk like)
Inexhaustible (Hulk like again)
Healing (via his Mother Box)

His Astro-Force blasts can just be a regular ranged attack. Nothing special there.

He can travel at faster than light speeds, but rarely does so in battle so I would just give him a decent movement.

So without making up these powers, I was hoping to crib them off exisiting HS figures and then guesstimate the cost from their cards. Are there any characters like this already?

As for Kalibak, I'll have to think about him. He really is just a dumb brick with a shooty club.
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:42 PM

Hey, glad to be of help! Feel free to throw the Mister Miracle on a card. I was worried that he'd be a bit underpowered, since New Gods are supposed to be pretty tough. Yet he didn't really have the super tough feel Orion and Kalibak had when I read his bio.
Yeah, those were about the impressions about Orion and Kalibak too. Orion sounds kind of like a Silver Surfer/Hulk hybrid with a healing factor. I'm guessing he'd end up being around 340-360, but I'll see what I can throw together. Kalibak should probably be around 300 points from what I've read of him and kind of like Abomination with a weak ranged attack from the club.

Old July 20th, 2007, 12:19 AM

Hmmm I found a description of "Tough" finally.

"TOUGH When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, XXX always add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled."

I agree that is perfect for Orion's Durability.

Bascially the New Gods are depicted as "Gods" but the reality of a game like HeroScape (or HeroClix) is that you can't you accurately portray these power levels in the same game that has Men in Black or vikings in it. So the really tough guys end up a little wimpy. I think Kalibak would be fine around the same level as the Abomination.

I saw a custom Darkseid for 360 points and Thanos is 360 so Orion should probably be around 320 and perhaps Kaliback around 280 range.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:26 AM

I saw this on another card and it might be good for Kalibak:

from Sir Hawthorne:

Blind Rage Special Attack: Range 1, Attack 3, if Sir Hawthorne rolls at least 2 skulls with his Blind Rage Special Attack, Sir Hawthorne may attack again with his Blind Rage Special Attack. Sir Hawthorne may continue attacking with his Blind Rage Special Attack until he rolls fewer than 2 skulls.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:31 AM

360 point Darkseid? You talking about this guy?

Old July 20th, 2007, 12:41 AM

So ... let's see. Kalibak.

Left Box
NEW GOD
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
RELENTLESS
MEDIUM 6
(I figure he's probably a bit bigger than these other guys)

Special Abilities
BLIND RAGE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
If Kalibak rolls at least 2 skulls with his Blind Rage Speical Attack, Kalibak may attack again with his Blind Rage Special Attack. Kalibak may continue attacking with his Blind Rage Special Attack until he rolls fewer than 2 skulls.
BETA CLUB SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
For each skull Kalibak rolls with his Beta Club Special Attack, defending figures should roll one fewer defense die. Kalibak may not use the Beta Club Special Attack on Soulborgs.

Stat Box
8 Life
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 6
320 points

I think that will be about right - he gives up a lot of mobility to Abomination, but he has a pretty lethal ranged attack to counter that. He has one fewer attack and doesn't have an area attack, but his Blind Rage special could keep him attacking for a while.

The Superstrength Icon is also a must have.

Old July 20th, 2007, 12:48 AM

Cool. I like Kalibak. Is the "Medium 6" just a measurement of his height? I was planning on using his HeroClix figure and he is kinda large so that works well.

So I don't want to sound too much like a newb, but what's the deal with Soulborgs and why are they mentioned in the Beta Club ability?
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:52 AM

OK, and Orion ...
I could see Tough, the same Slow Heal power I gave Darkseid (yep, that one's mine) the flying and superstrength icons, and the Hyper Speed power Silver Surfer has.

ORION

Left Box
NEW GOD
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
RELENTLESS (cuz his bio made him sound really, really angry)
MEDIUM 5

flying and superstrength icon

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Orion always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SLOW HEAL (actually thought of slightly better wording for this)
At the start of each round you have an Order Marker placed on this Army Card, roll the 20-sided die once. For any roll of 16 or higher, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card.

HYPER SPEED 5
After taking a turn with Orion, Orion may move up to an additional 5 spaces.

6 Life
Move 6 (Hyper Speed will reflect his ability to go faster)
Range 5
Attack 5
Defense 4 (tough will add a lot to this)
330 points

I think this makes him just slightly better than Surfer, though he lacks the disengage of stealth flying and the bonus of having a special attack that Surfer has. Also his max range and attack aren't as high as Surfer's, but he has the advantage of being able to use a higher range and attack in conjunction with Hyper Speed 5, which is a big advantage, and it won't be too hard to get that 5 attack up to 6. Plus tough and slow heal both have the possibility of giving him more survivability than Surfer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations